more skill points per level up

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by neill1990, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. they will never give more skill points per level....As it wouldnt be in the creators or players best interests. Its fine how it is.

2. Heh, even if they did want to give us 10 skill points per level, they'd have to give skill points to the players who have been playing for years already to even it out.

A level 10,000 would get 50,000 skill points just from that.

It would break the game, basically. So it's not happening ever.

3. CamCollectsYouIMRB

CamCollectsYouIMRB New Member

NO!!! i did the math!!!!!!
    40,000/10=10,000 Health
    10,000+4,000=14,000 Energy
    14,000+4,000=18,000 Stamina
    18,000+10,000=28,000 Attack
    28,000+10,000=38,000 Defense
    38,000/5=7600 Skill per level
    Level to have all all Achievements! check your adding!!!
    PS...........................You also get skill from all the other Achievements so thats,MAYBE, an extra 9,000!

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

More skill points per level isnt gonna happen, its just not as simple as it sounds. It was just recently that Kano commented that adding excessive skill points would upset the balance of the game. Why it would I really dont know but it does seem to me if the did give more skill points per level and retroactively awarded SP to everyone it would all be a wash so what would be the point?

Im all for giving more of a refill on stamina though, as mentioned previously 50 stam upon on leveling for all regardless of level is pretty much a joke as obviously 50 stam does a heckuva lot more for a lower level than it does for anyone else. Then when u consider the the jumps in XP needed to level ...50 stam pretty much becomes a slap in the face.

My guess is that Kano doesnt want to do this for a couple reasons, the first being that stamina refills are most likely their biggest money makers as stamina is the lifeblood of the games, secondly ...the only fair way to do would be to retro actively award the stamina to all the players. The amount of stamina retroactively given would be off the charts in many cases and would bring about a few more issues. For example(keeping it very simple).....Lets say Kano decided to up the stam refill per level by 50 at level 1k. A player who is level 8k would receive 350,000 in retroactive stamina. How many times is that player going to level off of 350k stam while already being in excess of his max stamina? Until that player got their stamina total back down below their max stamina they would be missing out on the stam they should have been getting each time they leveled. which in return to once again make it fair would once again need to be awarded retroactively again and again until everything leveled off and returned to the normal balance.

Another thing I would imagine Kano has considered is how much money they would lose during this time. As mentioned previously...stam refills are a huge money maker for them, how much money would they lose and for how long once everyone came into this abundance of stamina?

Dont take me wrong here ....Im all for more stamina upon leveling, especially for the levels where the XP needed to level doubles or increases significantly. Im just saying its not quite as easy as some may think it is

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  5. this is the main reason..in Mobwars (the original) at a certain level you got more skills points per level..so basically was free levelling and you could amass a large amount of favour points..my character is currently sitting on over 2600 favour points now...they then changed it so you could only get a max of 25 favour points a day regardless how many times u levelled tho.

6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

reply to CamCollectsYouIMRB:
    my math is corect beause it would go like this 15000skill points for atack+15000deffence+6000skill points total for stamina+3000energy+7500for health would= 46500skill points total devided by 5=9300level to get them and that would be the max level. Once again ill say that i didnt include achievments because those can verry person to person.

7. meandyou

meandyou Banned

the only fair way would be to add the extra skill points to the game and you dont get them till you reach the level of the highest level player wen they introduce them the highest level got to were they are with available skill points at the time , so to be fair if kano did award them you should only get them wen you reach that level

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

If they raised the skill points per level...every single player would get them (whether moving forward or retroactively)...would it not be a wash? If this is correct....why would anyone fear someone might sneak up and get them? I also dont understand how spending money comes into play.....whether u do or u dont.....once again everyone across the board would receive the the extra skill points making it a wash. Am I missing your point?

9. neill1990

ok i understand but i meen can they a least make it 1 skill point for 1 stamina instead of 2 points for 1 stamina cus that is basicly one of the reasons i would like more skill points, basicly to be able to get 5 stamina for every level up instead of 5 stamina per 2 levels and then refund the amount back to you cus then for the people that are like level 4000^ wouldnt get an outradious amount like 20000 skill pints back or more. so do you think that sounds alot more fair just comment on it and tell me wat you think about it.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I think 5 per level is fine. Don't know why someone would want more per level. Just keep leveling up and you'll get your build the way you want.

11. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i agree it should stay the same at 5 per level
    i think stam could be 20% of your total stam per level but that raises the issue people who didnt invest in high stam wouldnt get as much
    its a difficult thing to please everyone

12. Sour_Rubbish

Sour_Rubbish Member

fat minus to idea

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Doesn't appear this one is going anywhere,either.Back to the drawing board.Game's aren't suppose to be overly easy.To some extent,yes.But to just be handed levels,I think not.Not what games are for.Games are designed to be a challenge.If this happened,you would basically rob Kano of $.Without the $$ spenders,you have NO game.

14. aegis79

aegis79 New Member

I thinks the amount of skill points you get per a level should go up by 5 more for each 50lvs you reach. because I am at lv 776 and 5 skill points just does not help.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The game is meant to be challenging.It was sometime in 2010 that Kano made the change from 3 skill points per level to 5 per level.I was still #1 on myspace PC at the time.Had 4k skills when I logged in.This would give many players way to much skill points.It won't happen.
    @aegis79,the same with your idea there.That's even more skill points than the 10 per level if I'm adding that right.Most likely not going to happen.If it does,Kano will have no choice but to jump the XP per level GIGANTICALLY.So instead of needing 10x your level to level up(up to certain levels)they would have to at least double it.Then when the XP does double per level,that would have to be 3 or 4x the XP.When it jumps up again,it would have to get increased even further.Then when it jumps at level 3000,instead of 3x XP needed,it would need to jump to 6x or higher.Kano doesn't want level 1 million overnight unless of course you pay with all your life savings.Kano is after all a business,ideas like this would hinder them from making $$.Without $$,there is no games.

16. Completely agree, although I play a game where I can literally level in my sleep, every couple of days I get levels for completing a function in the game, it completes overnight and I don't even have to be there, it's crazy! And it's took the fun out of it!

A challenging game will last a lot longer than a game you can complete or get strong in overnight.

17. neill1990

well im just going to consider this a closed forum scence it doesnt seem like it will pass due to the amount of low votes and also i see that there would be a problem with it for a few reasons. im going to post another forum with a way that i think is a better way for the skill points boosting

18. Yep, I think additional SP's will throw the balance of the game off slightly :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.