Moderation by the Moderators

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by who me?, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

And how do any of us know that the world will not end tomorrow? the potential is definitely there....but we cant exactly live as if it was now can we? Rules are in place to keep the chaos to a low roar but we cant exactly muzzle everyone for every lil thing....in my opinion the mod in question was well within her rights as a member of the forums especially when in response to what was being said and the intent of the original poster. Mods are just other players who volunteer....if your gonna harp on them i find it peculiar that u didnt scold the original poster as well

2. polishpimp

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....if thats the case then the TOU should be upheld to utmost degree....then where would we be.....an empty forum?

3. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

The point of the forums is to be a place where players can come and discuss all things game-related in a respectful and civil manner. Moderators are necessary to encourage proper and polite discussion, but are also meant to be able to contribute as well.

I do get the sense, however, that you don't feel the forums are a welcoming place. As Community Manager, I'm extremely interested in making the forums a place players actually want to come to. If you don't feel this is the case, please feel free to send me a message or an email at community@kanoapps.com.
    Our players are exceptionally important to us, and we want you guys to have a place to talk and discuss the games and be part of a community.
    I think Tom Cruise says it best (probably the only time I'll ever say that):

help_me_help_you_icon.jpg
    Replace me with us and you've got the basic idea.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ughhhhhh lol wonder bread's sense of humor ughhhh :)

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wonder Beard does have some nice humor lol.

6. polishpimp

The violations i was referring to were the violations of the games TOU that u admitted to in that thread. You did apologize and i think was very big of u. Im not just trying to bust yer balls.

7. Wonder Bread

I don't know if that was an intentional misspelling or not, but I think Wonder Beard is an awesome name, and probably needs to be my PC name.

I also generally sport a rather rocking beard irl, so it's even more apt. Well done LB!

8. who me?

who me? New Member

IF this matter has caused contention in the past, and my mentioning stirs up "old drama" then perhaps this has merit and needs to be reconsidered because your moderators represent KANO regardless of any disclaimer, and whether or not they play the game, or are volunteers.

There is a standard of decorum and that doesn't include snide, derogatory remarks made to other players.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Admin gave their answer on this.

Why keep stirring it up more?

10. who me?

who me? New Member

I saw nothing derogatory in the original person's post. Who, by the way, is NOT a moderator and doesn't chat in different colors.

One for insults and one to be "helpful".

I don't see how anyone can be "helpful" when you shoot someone down with a sarcastic comment. Then help the person the next minute?

Don't explain how that works. I am not interested.

Kano - if this is how you want to run your forum that is your business but it is bad business. I won't be asking you for any "support" if this is the tone I can expect.

11. polishpimp

Cool.....pretty much sounds like ya got it all figured out already!

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

No the drama you are stirring up is the on going drama within the game , not a moderator drama. BTW I kept my tone in check, for you :)

My I add your tone and accusatory remarks are way beyond something that had nothing to do with you and has been worked out between those two people, you seem very angry , may I suggest a comedy tonite to lighten your mood .:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  13. Wonder Bread

I think a general discussion on Moderators and their place in the community is a good one. It appears, however, that you're basing the entire forum experience off of one interaction had with one moderator by another player that has since been resolved.

As I mentioned before, we want the forums to be a pleasant place for players to come to. If you feel a particular member or moderator is hindering this, please message or email me directly with your complaint. Communities built around games can be contentious and full of people with differing opinions, but they are extremely worthwhile (and fun) when everyone's on the same page.

14. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Thank you. Wonder not Tom Cruise please!!!

15. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Oh I missed some stuff sorry. Look the remark was a shot but he has apologized. End of it. But the shot had a basis in fact as I had staged my very own dramatic exit. I also say I am going to retire at every significant level. Like now, I am going to retire at 10,500. Its a running joke. So its a dead issue. I just want to play. I want to play without the drama but doesnt look like that is gonna happen. So you guys have fun. I will not be in here again unless I am informed of another "interesting" Post. Yes Polish I may have crossed a line some but so have others and at least I can own my behavior. Just wish others could. I have been disciplined if you will and will abide by statements I have made.

16. who me?

who me? New Member

I am not angry at any one person & I apologize if my remarks sound accusatory.

If one is a moderator, volunteer or otherwise, then it's not a part time position but a full time one ON THIS FORUM. Whether a player or not, it is a position of responsibility and the person represents the company.

Most volunteer positions in real life operate under this assumption. When you're a volunteer, you can't work and play at the same time. Volunteering is work, it has structure, and the rules are there for a good reason. It does not matter whether a volunteer types in green or in black. MODERATOR is the first thing that most people see when a comment is posted.

That was my point.

It's a position of responsibility so treat it like one. If someone chooses to volunteer as a moderator then all comments should be made as one and not "some as a moderator" and "some as a player". My comments were directed toward a policy that should be reviewed with the intent to avoid any more miscommunication or insult to anyone else. It seems that you already had difficulty once, so one would hope it does not keep happening "before the world ends tomorrow".

Thank you.

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Save the drama for your Mama, cause there is no
    drama here :)

18. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

If you cannot figure out the difference between us commenting by color then i feel sorry for you truly do. But we are only moderators on a forum. kano gave us this option so we can still be players in some sort of fashion and be able to comment just like the rest of the players. If you do not like that then please feel free to ignore us and when you need help which i am sure sooner or later most players do in some sort of fashion we will ignore your remarks on this thread stating were not allowed to have opinions and still help you with your issue when you need it.

19. This thread is stupid. Not because of the intent in starting it. The way I read it is the intent had more to do with trying to prevent future problems than to address the miscommunication that sparked the idea.

The thread is stupid because Kano's response, as is usually the case with anything they don't want to address, is "the problem's been resolved so what's the big deal?"

The big deal is this, Kano. We, as players, have justifiable concerns about the favoritism we see displayed by your company. For example, my guild received a warning about a motto while another guilty party got off scott free because "that problem was resolved months ago". Never mind the fact that it was patently racist. We send screenshots of players being on other accounts or admitting to cheating and those accounts are still around because "that problem was resolved months ago". Etc. Etc. Etc.

As I said... this thread is stupid. Kano will do what they want when they want and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. Moderators are players. Treat them as such. If they're respectful to you, be respectful to them. If they're a raging douchebag, pop your collar and be a douchebag back. How's that?

20. LOL! i also face this problem in KANO forums :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.