Moderating of the World chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Oct 17, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

It has become painfully obvious that the Moderating of the World chat is anything but consistent. Ive personally witnessed single comments that may have been in poor taste but not against the TOU deleted and the player banned from the WC while other players routinely and flagrantly violate the TOU on nearly a daily basis as if its their personal accusation forum.

Whats the point of the "report" option if it doesnt do any good? The same players get reported nearly everyday for weeks if not months for clearly violating the TOU but they're back at it the next day doing it again. Whats the point of even having the TOU in regards to the WC if they are not going to apply to every one equally?

A few of my concerns for starters would be fairness....what kind of message does it send to players if all players arent being held to the same standards? It seems to me that sort of thing could breed resentment in short order. What kind of message does it send to the newest of players that look to the WC and all they see is filth and accusations of cheating? Is that the image Kano wants their newest players to be inundated with? Do they want to send them the message that type of behavior is tolerated and that the TOU does not apply to the WC?

Perhaps even more unfortunate is that often times the worst offenders happen to be some of the higher of levels or players that have been around longer than most....they obviously know better....in fact they have been warned numerous times by multiple players that their behavior and statements are in violation of the TOU. They merely scoff at the warnings. Is this the image Kano wants to portray to their newest of players who are still deciding if they want to continue to play these games....or any of their players for that matter? The offenders make these games look trashy as hell and the lack of consistency makes Kano appear biased or incapable of policing their own TOU. The WC is arguably the most visible aspect of the games....It should be the front line of Kanos diligence in making these games a fun and pleasant experience for everyone....one that they want to return to. The current moderation of the WC is anything but that, frankly speaking....its an embarrassment.

Please be respectful and keep this thread on topic. This thread is solely and entirely about the WC in Kanoplay VC. TY

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. ben

ben Active Member

if the posts were violating the tou...wouldnt kano have done something bout it when they were reported?

3. polishpimp

Thats the whole point of this thread....the inconsistencies of the moderating. Accusing someone of cheating is definitely against the TOU and has been reiterated many times by Kano themselves here in the forums

4. ben

ben Active Member

but if kano hasnt removed the posts in question...then they must not be violating the tou...kano always reviews reported posts as ive seen posts disappear off the world feed before...if theres any violation posts reported kano does remove...

5. polishpimp

Your opinion is noted, tyvm for sharing

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so youre going to just keep complaining till you get your way? its completely obvious that NOBODY cares about the world chat...players, kano, whoever....well except you and a few others that get accused. if it was that big a deal something would have been done by now. im not trying to be a prick or send this thread off topic or anything like that...im just stating the transparency of the situation. lets just get right down to it....if there were nothing to these accusations, they wouldnt be pissing off the accused so much now, would they? they wouldnt care less or go through so much trouble to have the accuser(s) punished. ive been accused of MANY things in and out of this game and NOTHING gets to people more than the plain and simple truth. you know it and everybody thats ever been accused of things in the world knows it. you just like to get to your rivals in ANY way that you can and this thread is another example of that. its really sad that with everything kano could be doing to make things in this game better that you would want to waste their time on pointless crap like this. youve had some great ideas and good points here in the forums but this is just plain ridiculous polish.

7. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I agree 100% with Demonik, Kano has enough on their plate without baby sitting you, get another hobby & stop writing books in the forum - this got old a long time ago, get a clue it just might be you! lol

8. uhm if the accused is actually cheating is it really a violation of the terms of use or merely just a statement of fact? why don't you cry about how you cant dominate the arena some more its way more entertaining

What has really become painfully obvious is the fact you believe your opinion is more important than anyone elses, and you think kano should change all the rules to suit your whims, lots of stuff is said in the world chat, who cares!

hey Polish heres a novel idea why don't you find a different game to play as opposed to constantly complaining and crying about this game. It is totally annoying to those of us who enjoy playing this one.

9. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I agree with what Polish is saying and asking for ......all he wants is for Kano to enforce the TOU on everyone that violates the TOU.

10. polishpimp

Your certainly entitled to your opinion Demonik, but I find the logic behind "if there were nothing to these accusations, they wouldnt be pissing off the accused so much now, would they?" to be absurd. I think the exaact opposite is true...who wants to be accused of something they didnt do? Tell that to the guy sitting in front of the judge.

In the end it simply doesnt matter, The rules are very clear. Im not asking Kano to do anything they dont already do...Im simply asking them to be more consistent with it. You know as well as I do that there are some that violate these rules far more than others yet arent being punished as they should be or as others have been. With that said there has been one very noticeable exception to that very recently. (kudos kano!)

"NOTHING gets to people more than the plain and simple truth". Not to be rude but we must be from different planets, I was raised and have raised my children to embrace the truth. Where I come from lies and false accusations are the acts of cowards. I suppose our differing beliefs make no diff here because its Kano who makes the rules.....rules Im asking them to enforce across the board equally.

Ty for your reply

11. Demonik1

we're not talking about people sitting in front of a judge man. after playing this game for what, 4 years? ive heard at least 20 or more diff rumors, accusations about myself in this game and they mean squat. im assuming that youve heard twice that if not more about yourself and if theyre not true then who gives a flying fook what people in some free game think? ive only seen people react the worst in this game when faced with a truth that makes them look bad in some way. name calling, false accusations of alts get blown off just as quick as theyre seen or heard. so, when you took my words out of context and talked about how you raised your children, im sure you werent raising them to play viking clan. in ANY argument, when faced with an ugly truth people get pissed...thats a fact you cant deny without knowing your denial is bs. i hear what youre saying about rules but within the world chat its totally pointless and a waste of time with the new chat. id rather they use their time to add and fix game content....and youre welcome

12. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

This all about the rules being the same for everyone. Don't let player A do something and then when player B does punish them for breaking the rules. Be fair and just in the rules

13. Demonik1

i understand all that but its not like the rules we're talking about are game changing ones...nobody is hacking into kano and giving themselves a million fps or tampering with someones acct....rules ARE rules and everybody understands that but we're talking about the world chat that not many post in and the ones that post alot are people that buy speakers with fps and 9 times outta 10 the ones doing that are the ones that spend money. would any busines take away a part of it that makes them money and send that person to a different part of the busines thats free? i dont think so. like i stated before, they have better, more important things to worry about than world chat squabbling

14. ben

ben Active Member

how many times have we seen pimp accuse people of playing alts right in the world chat himself? how many times have we all seen that? many of times and oh yeah kano can go back and see that.so its ok for pimp to accuse and no one else? we also seen pimp accuse me of being dead in real life and accused protector and my former nurse of playing my account. i see right throuh pimp.all you want is everything to benefit you and not everyone else in the game not even your own guild just yourself

15. Demonik1

i cant ever remember him actually coming right out and accusing but he has def implied it in many diff ways which is almost the same thing but not quite but i guess thats all a matter of opinion

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi folks,

So, a little tidbit about the World Chat. Polishpimp is well within his rights to post on the forums about his problems with moderation in the World Chat. If you see anyone abusing the World Chat or posting messages that you find offensive, please use the reporting tool that we've built in to the Chat to send a report in to Support. There's four games across four networks, so it's tough for us to keep an eye on all of them at the same time. If someone says something that's offensive and it goes unreported, chances are we won't catch it in time.

If you see something you don't like, report it! That's the best way to make sure these things get dealt with.

17. ben

ben Active Member

if kano has a hard time montioring the chats because they have the games on to many networks then why even have a tou for it? if kano is unable to monitor because of the multi networks these games are on then there shouldnt be a world chat. either you monitor it or it should be pulled and problem solved for everyone...

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think the answer to that is rather obvious ben. If we took away chat, people would ask for it. When you agree to play our games, there's the understanding that you'll comport yourself appropriately, as outlined in the ToU. Sections 5(b) and 5(c) cover this, if you care to read it.
    Basically, it says that we give you free reign to use the chat, but keep it clean and friendly.

19. ben

ben Active Member

kano should be going through the chats everyday regardless if anything is reported or not. this way if someone is breaking the tou kano can ban right there..all ive seen is accusations of alts/sharing in the world feed along with typical goading that has been reported and it seems to be allowed...if kano monitored everyday then anyone in violation of 5b 5c can get banned right there and then...this really is a support issue as this is ALL about 1 player pimp has a problem with which does make it a account specfic issue which is suppose to go through support? who does the monitoring? support? doesnt that make it a support issue and not a forum issue?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok lots of game , lots of networks and this goes on on all of them , so my suggestion, is #1 ignore it, #2 beat the crap out of whoever is doing it,( accusations and whatnot) #3 get over it and #4 really who cares , that is my take on it. :p