Mockery.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Elise Falcony, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Elise Falcony

Elise Falcony Banned

Mockery - i know next reward will be mockery

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's correct!

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think your mockery was just mocked

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mitch on a serious note, why does a mockery thread such as this not get deleted, but a death threat thread does not exist anymore :confused:

5. Demonik1

im gonna go out on a limb and say a death threat is a tad more serious than calling the loyalty rewards a mockery lol

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The death threat thread broke the Code of Conduct in several ways, and it's an issue that belongs in Support. I've given the person who made that thread (as well as a couple other people) a response via Private Message.

This thread, on the other hand, is just fine. Elise is allowed to say that free rewards are "mockery" if they so desire.

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

This is Bullshit. You guys are sticking your heads way up your own ass thinking this is a joke. A player who has played your games since almost day 1 was verbally threatned to be killed in your games. And now your making a joke about it. thinking this is okay. Mockery is not okay when someone life is threatned. Why don't you grow a set and do the right thing. Or are you to afraid as many have come to realize kano lately more and more. Maybe he open his billfold to you guys. And yes i am mocking you now Kano.

8. Demonik1

i fail to see where anyone has made a joke about the death threat. otherwise your points would be valid

9. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

mockery - definition
    [UNCOUNTABLE] remarks or behavior intended to make someone seem stupid, for example laughing at them, copying them, or saying something that is not kind
    "How interesting," he said with a hint of mockery. [SINGULAR] something that makes a system, organization, etc. seem stupid or useless
    mockery of: The Jones trial was a mockery of justice. make a mockery of
    to make someone or something seem stupid or useless That's why this thread is here.. making Kano look stupid!
    BUT to threat·en
    ˈTHretn/Submit
    verb
    past tense: threatened; past participle: threatened
    state one's intention to take hostile action against someone in retribution for something done or not done.
    "the unions threatened a general strike"
    synonyms: menace, intimidate, browbeat, bully, blackmail, terrorize; Is a whole different story.. is telling us that Support just isn't there for us!

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I originally removed Jon's comment along with the ones that came after, but I changed my mind.

Jon, I suggest you re-read what I said in response to Matthew's question. No where did I make light of the issue or try to turn it into a joke; I was merely explaining why this thread remains and the other one was removed (which I also explained to you in a private message).

11. Eraser

Eraser Member

hmmm why is kano not able to say publicly why they allowed somone That made death threats, to re-enter the game?

I think that was the point of the whole thread, to get some answers, and create public awareness. and maybe also promote the permenant ban of a possible psychopath.

I know the TOS just fine, and I didnt break it.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree Eraser this was not a private message, it was in KANO's World Chat, thus making it their problem. Guess sweep it under the rug? Shrugs, on that one, the dirt is still there even though covered up. :confused:

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Never said it was in a private message, Matthew, not sure where you're getting that. It was definitely on the World Chat.

I have no problem with telling people why the person is question was permitted to return to the game after a week-long ban and the loss of his World Chat, but this has gotten completely off-topic on this particular thread.

Threats and abusive messages are taken seriously in our games and we do taken action against players who have engaged in this type of behavior. That being said, we try not to kicked people out of the games permanently unless there is a problem with repeated behavior. As this was this player's first offense, he was banned for one week and lost his World Chat. We're keeping a close eye on this person's account to see if there is any repeat of his behavior and if there is then he will be removed from the game.