[VC] Minimum Attack Damage on Guild Wars Profile

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by WorldB, Nov 27, 2015.

1. WorldB

WorldB Member

Minimum Attack Damage does not change on my profile for GW when I change loadout from offensive to defensive. Ratio is something like 2:1 when offensive and 1:2 when defensive but no displayed change on the profile.

Is this a display issue or is your personal loadout really not involved much in that calculation?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is the Skill Points allocated to Attack that influence Minimum Attack Damage in the Wars. Loadout does not affect this particular attribute.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Attack loadout doesn't effect minimum damage done in guild war's? I find that odd, because I know different loadout's do for healing.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It seems off to me too, but I asked the developers and this is the answer they gave me. :)

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well, then everyone should play guild war's with defense loadout if true.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's the minimum, loadout would still affect the higher end.

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Rule #1: Your loadout is set at the time the Guild Wars event start. Any changes after only apply to the rest of the game's stuff.

Rule #2: You are "using" the top 15 players in the guild's attributes, that are also "set" when it starts, on attack or defence. Whatever they were "wearing" is what you are wearing no matter what your individual personal armour is, after the start.

The only variation is when you start on Defence or Attack, personally, on "healing".

Hope that helps !

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  8. Kel the Merciful King

Am looking at my character in the member list and comparing it to SP's allocated. Something does not add up despite the statement at the top of the members box:

"Note: Top 15 members' skill (Health+Attack+Defense) used in total Guild strengths."

Am 99% sure the loadout is added in as I have attack plus health plus loadout = total but there is a missing few points in the math.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I do know that your war stats are are locked in to whatever you had armed when you joined the war. If you change your loadout later, you have to leave and re-enter for those stats to update. Once the war has started, nothing can change.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

War stats aren't locked in until the War actually starts. You can change stuff up until the event and stay registered.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  11. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

For some strange reason they only count the allocated skill points to our Health + Attack + Defense, and not the skill points we had when we started our character: 100 health, 1 attack and 1 defense, in the end its Health+Attack+Defense-12 LOL.
    At least that was the situation more then a year ago when I checked.

12. Kel the Merciful King

BINGO has been called. At least on the visible math :)

13. Kel the Merciful King

So of course next question, does it matter what a guild as a whole, wears at the start? If you are into healing up, every member can max its heals, but in the battle calc does it matter? It "seems" too. Which is very subjective.

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Other then Healing?
    If I look at the damage done with 1 token: its jumping between 150.000 - 85.000.000 Damage Dealt. The only conclusion that I can draw from that is that its 99.8% randomness and 0.2% whatever formula they have for it. :)

15. Kel the Merciful King

99.8 randomness :D

Its a "feel" thing as I don't look at it in detail ... everyone wearing defence is harder to attack "us" ... that kind of thing. Wish it were true or ... nonsense.

One thing for certain, the game and its events are not for rocket scientists ....