[LCN] memorial gifts and other useless gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by maddog1122, Aug 7, 2016.

1. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

I appreciate the fact that there are memorial gifts made to remember our lost players, but the stats you put on them are worthless and of no use and my inventory is full of pass such gifts that I don't want. I've paid my respects to those we lost back when they passed away, and after all this is a game to win. I've played over eight years or so now and i got thousands of unwanted gifts in my inventory hoping that some day, you would design something of worth using these gifts so we could actually use them. but with the unlimited gears now, even if you made new gifts the stats on them would still be too low for us to use. its not that hard to design gear or weapons using all the old gear you have and at least give them the stats on attack/defense to match the new gear that can be bought. We've asked for years for you to do something like this in the past with no response or action on doing so. and I know for one I am tired of looking at stuff we cannot use. The pawn shop ideal is good only if you give at least a 50 percent trade in value. this also could be extended in getting rid of a lot of unused gift items and at least give us a way to get rid of unwanted gear. You want us to keep spending money on your games, then give us what we want and a way to get rid of this useless gifts and gears at a fair exchange rate

Sir Opinion Alot and Donna Brava like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I ignore when someone sends them or someone asks for them, usually they are players that do not do bosses, or craft, usually they are players who play the games like a farmville game and don't fight, so they have no idea that those items are not useful , Maybe just putting that word on the gift along side, might explain it better?? But then again many do not read the fine print, such is the bane of the blind leading the blind lol

SaxyBones likes this.
  3. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

I agree Kristen, a lot of people don't know what is useful or not. all my new members I give a list on our syndicate page to let them know at which level they become useless.

4. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

as a last thought also as far as crafting items being used for limited or new gear, you have four slots on each crafting items, , so if you made new gear to be crafted, you could actually use all four slots for new gear that would match the higher gear today, that would be another way to use up a lot of the old gift items that are not useful now and also add a new interest in getting some of the old gifts once we ran out to craft new gear, therefore you would be recycling all the old gifts.

5. BrianG

BrianG New Member

I've been playing for a few months and stay busy fighting the bosses and collecting the drops and building in the workshop. I know what I need to build, put those on my wishlist and still collect other gifts from players. I don't know if they'll be used sometime in the game, the value of most is single digits so I thought, accept them, you never know. Now that I've read the posts above I have my doubts. What is useful and what is useless? Will the severed finger ever be used in the game somewhere in the higher levels? That's just an example of things I've been given and don't have a use for yet.

6. kari

kari New Member

As nice as it was that Kano made memorial loot for two very cool folks, one of whom I have known for years, I saw it as kind of a slap in the face that the loot was of no value to anyone. I collected some the first days, hoping that it would at least be used to craft something awesome.... Not even that. This "tribute" was the equivalent of laying dead flowers on someone's grave. Come on, Kano..... :(

7. Kirsten

Memorial gifts have never had crafting value, since Kano started making them, that does not matter or bother me, but if they could somehow mark them that they are only memorial items, that could make a difference, but then again usually the ones who have them in their wishlist are not interested in crafting or playing a fighting game, they are more the "peaceful" players who use the dead mobbbies, undead, valhallas, etc for the dgp's so they don't have to fight.

8. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

i don't know Kristen, I've heard several non-fighters also complain about them, and so far I've never seen anyone that hasn't crafted at least one or two items. but you must be talking about zombie slayers since you mentioned the undead and such. let me make myself clear on that, I started this topic for mobwars lcn, but all opinons are welcome, different game, different style of playing also. but do like your answers

9. Kirsten

, No not ZS,Undead, in PC.valhallas, in VC ,whacked mobbies, in LCN and whatever the dead slayers are called lol, the lovely memorial gifts are nice, but useless in every game, and many are clueless about that lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  10. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

I would like to say I knew three of the people that Kano made a memorial gift for - two of them very well - one of whom was in our team - it saddens me to see that people feel they should have a value
    For those of us that knew these people over many years - it is a living reminder of these truly lovely people
    It matters not whether they are worth crafting - Can we desist with the nonsense moaning please and remember the people that theses gifts remind us of
    What value on a life ? - do we stoop to such low levels that everything has to have a game value ?

11. Sandy Barrows

If you don't want them don't ask for them - and send something else and stop with the whinging

12. Kirsten

Wow , I don't ask for them but I get sent them, they are a lovely thing Kano did , I have many friends who have passed on and have memorial gifts, but hey you go and get mad . lol I thought it might have been a good idea, if Kano had something on them to let people know they are memorial gifts , that have meaning, rather than people just thinking they are normal gifts.

13. Sandy Barrows

Messaged you Kirsten :)

14. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

not all of us knew these people, when they passed, i paid my respects as a veteran player who saw how hey played , that's kewl for you that knew them well, however this is a fighting game and everything in the game has a value or use to people, I personally didn't ask for them and I ignore them, but still I got around a hundred of them in my inventory before i knew what they were. and itsnot whining to say that they are worthless items to most of us. i'd be glad to transfer all I had to you or those others that did know them, but like i said tome they are worthless junk items in our inventory, I much rather would have liked to seen kano maybe make a wall of some sort with their names on it instead of these items to honor those who have passed

Sandy Barrows and Kirsten like this.
  15. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

Yes, Build A Wall. Marvelous idea. Now that is a thought. Limited time honorary gifts as collectables, A rememberance wall, And remove the gifts after say a month?

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Remove them, why?

17. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

one out side of being a memorial item, they are worthless, but I would say at least let them be sold so those of us that didn't want them in our inventory could get some value to use in game out of them. do you know how many thousand of items I gotta go thru just to see what I can use

18. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

I meant remove as a giftable item, not from your inventory. Heck, they could even make seasonal gifts also.