Maximum Level?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by wtf a talking towel, Jan 9, 2011.

?

Should there be a maximum on levels/total skill points?

1. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes, no favor pts or skill pts past the max level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, only favor pts past max level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes but allow redistribution of skill pts past max level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. We don't go anywhere without toast

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. What is the consensus with having a maximum level a player can achieve in the game say level 9999? After that every 300K XP you get a favor pt but no more skill points, or allow you to continue leveling for leaderboard status but get no more skill points from level 10K onwards, so if you built a lousy character by that point too bad, deal with it or start over?
    OR
    from level 10K onwards instead of gaining any new skill points players can redistribute 5 skill points per level from attributes they already have.

So what say you? Should there be a cap on levels/total skill points to keep the game competitive or should players with the time (and in some cases $) be able to level into infinity?

Also if you think the max level should be less than 9999 indicate that as well.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member

H*** no!

Why would you make such a suggestion?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  3. i have to agree with the weather controller here.

this is a bad suggestion.

4. fyi Eddie, the idea was borne based on the general sentiment behind a lot of the complaining I see on various in game feeds: That certain players having a massive head start and/or leveling obscenely fast can punch down at people who have no chance of ever being strong enough to fight back. Mind you that this concept would affect me negatively if it were implemented as I am one of the people whose strength comes from obscenely fast leveling. (Though I'm fairly benign and usually leave most people alone) Although just about everyone in the top 30% of the games players had a year or more head start on me as well so I can kind of see the other side to this as well. Playing catch-up is time consuming and well near impossible for most. I kind of think this sentiment was behind Kano's reasoning in having XP required to level double and triple at certain spots...come to think of it I should have put in an option going the other way as in who would favor abolishing the XP jumps.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

6. polishpimp

As far as the complaining goes about larger levels being able to "punch down" .....when did this happen? I can only punch down if that lower rated player attacked me in some way....if they r complaining about that....I can only laugh!

Personally...I think its the players who started later in the game that have the biggest advantage. they have had the opportunity to benefit from all the game changes from the very start and our able to make decisions based on known info and experience of others. For example...a new player can start off immediately by leveling with bosses...obtaining way more of the valuable drops than say i every could. So in the end...all players have the opportunity to level obscenely fast ....but the new players have more experience/knowledge on which to draw upon and and more opportunity to cash in on the valuable drops which will inevitably make them stronger than their predecessors

7. Eddie

Eddie Member

Look at it this way, I used to be at the top and Polish was nowhere in sight, now its the other way around. Everybody has a chance on vc lol

8. I made substantial gains on the senior players as well, not going to take #1 on either game but yeah I agree it's possible...again I'm not one of those complaining but it seems to be a common complaint (also made by some of the more "senior" players ironically)

9. Eddie

Eddie Member

We cant have everybody be a winner on this game, otherwise it will be too easy; seniors will complain that their long work is pointless because someone 5k levels below them can beat them (Long range prediction)

10. NoMau

NoMau Member

Not having a life should be punishment enough for those who make it to level 10k :)

11. Relaxz

Relaxz New Member

Infinity - -*

12. polishpimp

Think i proved my point on this one, and i did it without spending a dime until nearly level 2500 and that was strictly on chieftains. `

13. Ace

Ace Member

Would be boring to have a max level, wouldn't it? ;)

14. gods people

gods people Active Member

HI

I THINK THAT LEVELS SHOULD BE UNLIMITED. SO SHOULD SKILL POINTS. BUT WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IS IF YOU HAD A PERCENTAGE TO REACH REGARDS YOUR ATTACK AND DEFENCE SAY 25%. THEN THE ONLY WAY TO SURPASS UPPING YOUR DEFENCE AND ATTACK WOULD BE BY WINNING OR BUYING NEW ITEMS ITEM DROPS AND REWARDS.....:cool: