Make Pirate Clan 100% Tablet Friendly

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Chasity, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Yes, I get weird looks sometimes when chucking both my tablet & laptop out during screening in the airport. I'd rather just bring my tablet, but there are Pirate Clan functions that don't work on the tablet (playing Pirate Clan via Armor Games).
    Please fix Pirate Clan for the Tablet:
    1) On the tablet the drag & drop function, when trying to change out the gift wish list, doesn't work. I have to use my laptop to change out my gifts requested.
    2) On the tablet the drag & drop function, when trying to make a new hidden recipe in the Blacksmith, doesn't work. I have to use my laptop to open up new hidden recipes.
    3) The full address of a user (found below the stats area, when clicking on a pirate) does NOT copy for pasting. If copy is hit, only the part of the address not hidden will copy. I have to use my laptop to copy & share the address of newbies who are looking for more captains.

2. Zombiefried

Zombiefried Member

I would be so happy if this were made to play on my tablet. With children and illness the tablet can travel where I wish….but, not the desk top. If this were IPAD friendly I could be so much more a Pirate than I currently am :)

Chasity likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have tried the app and do not like it one bit, try playing from a iphone using puffin to login from a cloud server for flash on kong lol

Chasity likes this.
  4. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

ON Android - Dolphin Browser works as well. Still hasnt got full functionality, drag and drop etc doesnt work, but I can do enough to get by and the crafting and stuff can wait til Im next in front of a PC.

Chasity likes this.
  5. Chasity

I am also using Android, on tablet, and enter Armor Games via Chrome. The real "problem" is that I'll be leaving town for 3 1/2 weeks a month from now, & that is way too long to not be able to change out gift requests!! I've traveled many times with both laptop & tablet, but would be much more convenient to just bring tablet. Help Kano! :)

Mabest likes this.
  6. Chasity

Did I post this in the wrong spot? Perhaps I should have posted it in Pirate Clan's Bugs/Issues section?! Please help!

7. George Burd

try messaging Mi7ch

Chasity likes this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Ah this was posted right before my vacation, apologies that no one addressed it.

So Armor Games, much like Kongregate, hosts our games in their own "shell" so to speak. This makes it difficult to optimize for mobile because it forces whatever browser you're on to display the desktop version. I can ask around as to whether or not it would be possible for us to put the mobile-optimized versions of the game on Kong and Armor, but as of right now our games on those networks are the desktop version only.

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  9. George Burd

chasity I know it can be difficult but if you login thru puffin you should still be able to gift. it opens the full game thru a cloud browser(dont ask me wth that is, the navy IT suggested it lol) I can gift on my phone it's difficult but possible

Chasity likes this.
  10. Chasity

Okay thanks Mi7ch. I appreciate your time in looking into it. :) Even though I'm using an android tablet, I'm going to the game through Chrome, if that makes any difference in the approach taken. If I could just change out my gifts while using the tablet, I think I could hardship the other two items for the 3 1/2 weeks (as it stands I'll be taking both my laptop & tablet again; yes, I'm addicted to being a pirate, hehe). :)

George Burd likes this.
  11. George Burd

try doing gifts thru innercircle menu instead of notifications above it may be easier on a smaller screen

12. Chasity

I don't have any problems with sending gifts to others on my tablet. It is changing out my Gift Wish List that is impossible, but necessary for utilizing the Blacksmith to its fullest.

13. George Burd

oh my bad, ya I cant do that from phone, hmm if you choose your 5 lowest qty items and give each one a spot in gifts they will balance out on qty I believe

14. George Burd

it would be nice if devs could give us a drop down menu to choose from when tapping a empty gift or blacksmith box. this would solve the dragdrop problem on mobile devices

Chasity likes this.
  15. Chasity

Yes, or even a menu much in the way that one can scroll to find Inner Circles to change out (this can be done on the tablet).

George Burd likes this.