[All] make length of arena def. stance more proportionate to length of arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

still wasnt shortened.....

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Alrighty then. hopefully anyone that reads this reply will now know exactly how ridiculous your purposely trying to be. The arena isnt even half as long as use to be...anybody thats ever plated it knows that.

4. Demonik1

you gotta stop xD I gotta pee and don't feel like getting up yet hahaha

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Rating: 4/10 from 9 users

The other thread on this is 3.3 from 16 users...

i think we can see no one really likes this idea spare for a few that just seem to be arguing for this idea just to argue for it for the sake of it...

seems like a losing battle trying to adjust anything.

and seems voters agree it should stay as is.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

i play it....

its still very long.

7. Demonik1

sounds like a bunch o ghost haters if ya ask me, I aint naming names

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

and they probably dont reply as they are prolly just tired of seeing this ridulous idea popping up ove and over again...

probably saying to themselves give this a rest already..

leave it alone and let this absurd idea rest in peace...

actually can it rest in piece if it was never born to begin with???.....

9. Demonik1

hell no! this is way too amusing to stop now

10. ben

ben Active Member

where in the rules does ir say how long a arena is suppose to last...

11. Demonik1

right on the arena page....Battle Time: 3 days

12. ben

ben Active Member

the only way arena will last the full 3 dayas is if players all get together and want it to last that long...

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Guess you missed my statement PIMP. BTW if referring on ghost votes was not me, haven't voted. Why new code, you always stress Dev's can improve games in other way's, yet you are trying to do just opposite with this idea. Sure change it back to original state, not tweak it again, taking up Dev time. Use the slider down the road, "WHEN/IF" get more people involved in arena.

14. Demonik1

I was just answering your question, I never said it would ever last that long

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Some arenas have lasted 3 days...but was only when the remaining players were handing a arena to someone....

16. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Can i get a job where TP works.....it seems that where he works 4 hours pay is equal to 8-12 hours pay........since 4 hours is equal to 8-12 hours ...LOL

17. polishpimp

Thats a tough one. I wouldnt say that the arena ever "favored" " all" attack accounts. The only accounts that the arena really favors is higher leveled accounts despite the excessive handicaps. In fact the players Ive seen win the MS VC arena when either jj or i didnt participate was a pretty even mix of def or attack heavy accounts and none of them that i can recall were over the top heavy either way.

Extreme attack heavy accounts have a couple major down falls in that they tend to have very little defensive stance and they also take much more damage when attacking an opponent thus negating much of the kill reward. Just like extreme defense accounts had the downfalls of not being able to acquire health as fast because they were relegated to beating up much smaller targets with lesser kill rewards. Fortunately for them lower levels are the majority in the arena so they had plenty to choose from. Also fortunate for the defense heavy accounts is they also take far less damage when losing a battle and most important of all the handicap favors players with lesser attack. After they gained a lil bit of health they could then go into Def. stance and wait it out and rank well. JJ and I help players fairly often in the arena.....the ones we found needed the most help were the by far the attack heavy accounts. Even though they were attack heavy the handicap would ensure plenty of losses to players they shouldnt have been losing to, The combo of that and taking heavier damage was/is not a good combination.

What the arena favored other than the higher more balanced accounts when it was longer was imbalanced inactive accounts that had high health and a crappy kill reward.

Today with the now shorter arena there is way more inactive accounts with heavy defense ranking well and even winning without using a bit of stamina......they same is not true for inactive high attack accounts. Basically regardless of level if you are mostly defense you can do great for free and without being there. If your an inactive high attack account with little or no Def you are out in a jiffy. Even if you are low to mid level high attack player who will still have to work your ass off and spend a ton of stam to rank well. Either that or have friends that are willing to help.

At the end of the day because of the slider Defense oriented accounts now get more for less while the attack oriented ones get less at a higher price.

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

fact is the arena lasts long still not shortened at all.

the rating on both these threads are low for that many votes.

this idea prolly wont make it.

its lookin more and more like a dead horse bein beat.

19. Demonik1

that's not true, even with negative votes an idea can be put thru or at least part of an idea...especially if its a good one with sound logic and facts to back it up

20. polishpimp

Putting it back to the way it was is one of the ideas i suggested in my OP, the alternative was to scale things back. Doing it either way would have the same affect. I also suggested keeping the slider but making the number of attack it allowed proportionate to the number of participants.....once again accomplishing the same thing.

In the end the whole idea is not to allow one type of a build have an unearned advantage which is exactly what happened when they implemented the slider thus shortening the arena.