[All] make length of arena def. stance more proportionate to length of arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 23, 2013.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Im singing again..

Still waiting out this 1 thats been in defense from the start...over 4hrs ago...proof enough pimp?

But that time was earned..no problem to us

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What Im gettin at is that no matter how long the d time is...they have earned those hours on end..to take even 1 second away is dead wrong.

the highest level player not on our team rode it out in d mode right after finding them...had 2 more to wait out after...but no big deal...theyve earned the time even if they didnt attack(the last one to wait out had 0 attacks)but it was earned so who cares about the wait time??

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. polishpimp

So the player who rode 4 hours in defense was completely inactive? I didnt think so. So in that case they were an active player and used their defense strategically....KUDOS TO THEM THEY PLAYED THE ARENA PRECISELY THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED! They could have done that regardless of the length of the arena. Thats 100% different from a a completely inactive person sitting in defense from beginning to end without doing anything.

Once again youve missed the entire point of this thread. nobody would lose any more defense than anyone else ...any advantage or disadvantage anyone has or doesnt have in regards to any type of skill point allocation would remain EXACTLY the same as it was proor to the implementation of this idea. It would be scaled back cross the board strictly to make defensive stance more proportionate with the actual length of the arena. Very much like it was before the addition of the multiple attack slider.

The addition of the multiple attack slider gave some players with heavy defense builds an advantage they did not have prior to the slider This fact is indisputable! IF you had 5 hours of defensive stance now and the arena only lasts an average of 6 hours.....thats a huge UNEARNED advantage over having 5 hours of defensive stance when the arena took 12 hours. Doesnt matter who allocated what to where or when. All that matters is that after the fact the addition of slider changed the arena itself and made existing aspects way out of proportion to what they once were pre slider. PERIOD!

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

pimp they had no attacks and got 11th...4hrs plus...i got a idea who but not gonna say..

0 attacks...

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 397
    Losses 1,329
    Biggest Attack 11,243,023 damage

and they deserve where they ranked..all earned

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

and that time is earned..every second is earned and they deserve to have the full amount of hours they earned.

they earned the time..they are entitled to use it.

scaling it back is unfair and would warrant skill reallocation as thats a drastic impact.

7. polishpimp

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

it shows smart playing.

the time was earned and they did deserve the full reward for that tier but sadly that was robbed.

they deserved every second of that d time and while the wait is painful they earned the time.

4hr 25mins i think...all earned..to scale it back would be totally wrong and would warrant reallocating skills as many are tailored for the arena in this way..your idea would have a drastic impact on this STRATEGY

9. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Oh come on TP with that much d-stance and the slider making the arena last less time they did not do anything to deserve more than the xp they got for joining the arena. besides there was only 145 people in the arena this time

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yep and its all strategy..

I think the number dropped because of this thread saying d mode time should be scaled back...

kinda made some think about that and scared them away..

last time there was 177 in the arena..

this thread and its not so well thought out idea probably made players not want to join.

were suppose to keep the number up...not lower it...this thread probably was the cause of the number drop.

it only has a 4 rating and the other thread on this has a 3.3...obviously no one likes this idea of scaling anything back.

11. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i doubt that. more likely it is because people dont have time so they did not join, but think what you want. I bet you are the kind of person that would go get a job and not show up for work then demand a pay check on payday

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

i have a job thank u very much hence why im not on alot...

but back to topic on hand...

you didnt acknowledge the fact how this has a 4 star rating from 9 members and the other thread on this has a 3.3 rating from 16 members...its obvious no one really wants this idea to go through..well at least the smart players that realize this is a strategy and not a loophole as its been called...its strategy plain and simple

13. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

you didnt admit that whith a job if you dont work you get NO pay it is the same in the arena no attacks no rewards aso the d-stance should be adjusted to the length of the arena

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

paid day off...paid vacation.

and every second EARNED defense time is just that...earned.

to take it away is dead wrong plain and simple and warrants skill reallocation as thats a drastic impact.

ill let the votes on the 2 threads speak for itself though..

last i checked to be considered a idea needed a certain rating...these 2 threads are below that rating..

unless a miracle happens i dont see those numbers making the required rating.

and the idea is wrong.

that time is earned. even for 1 second to be taken away warrants skill reallocation as there earned time would be wrongly scaled back.

15. ben

ben Active Member

ive seen high levels ride the arena in defensive mode....really dont mind it...its just more exp which means more levels..and them getting dying kills only adds to the exp i get out of them...

16. polishpimp

Answer a couple simple questions please.

1. Did the implementation of the 3 attack slider shorten the length of the arena?

2. SCENARIO #1 - Battle arena with 3 attack slider. A player has 4 hrs of defensive stance. They enter the arena in defensive stance and are completely inactive the entire 4 hour of their defensive stance and are killed immediately after coming out of defensive stance. The arena last 4 hrs and 3 minutes and the player ranks #2

SCENARIO #2- Battle arena with no multi attack slider. Same player with 4 hrs of def. stance and they remain completely inactive the entire 4 hrs and are killed immediately after coming out of defensive stance......but this time arena last 12 hrs and the player ranks #117

How is one scenario anymore strategic than the other? Because one arena lasted longer than the other that mean the player got screwed out of the #2 rank? They still had the same earned advantage from allocating SP to Defense and the same exact "do nothing" strategy right? The only difference is that one arena was shorter than the other, it wasnt any shorter because they played smarter it was shorter because of the slider. Thats not anything "earned"....that a free gift from the Kano gods!

If its fair to rank well for free because of defense and a shorter arena....then how is it fair that attack oriented players have to use stamina to rank well? Obviously a player with high attack and low defense is not afforded as much opportunity to rank well for free. Thats fair how?

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lol so youre now calling not playing smart playing? I swear youre just arguing to amuse yourself.....AND you continue to call it strategy hahaha I love you man

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1. Did the implementation of the 3 attack slider shorten the length of the arena?
    2. SCENARIO #1 - Battle arena with 3 attack slider. A player has 4 hrs of defensive stance. They enter the arena in defensive stance and are completely inactive the entire 4 hour of their defensive stance and are killed immediately after coming out of defensive stance. The arena last 4 hrs and 3 minutes and the player ranks #2
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Yep but you forgot that the player wasnt killed and actually won it with 0 attacks
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    SCENARIO #2- Battle arena with no multi attack slider. Same player with 4 hrs of def. stance and they remain completely inactive the entire 4 hrs and are killed immediately after coming out of defensive stance......but this time arena last 12 hrs and the player ranks #117

Its still strategy plain and simple no matter how ya look at it.

but again ill let the rating on both these threads tell the story on how players feel about it.

i dont see this one having a happy ending for you...but not all fairy tales have happy endings.

but i can see a happy ending to those that disagree with this idea...

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not really...if anything bring the slider to 10.