Make Bosses More Interesting

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Raforta Stronghawk, Jun 27, 2010.

1. :rolleyes: As many of us use the Bosses for the higher drop weapons,or in my case to level up, I kill many of the 'easier'bosses myself. However,it would make Boss fights so much more interesting if there was a 'danger' or 'risk' element involved with some of them. Is it not possible to, say get the Boss to capture you,if you have not killed it in a certain time span - then create the 'release' by having a number of clan to attack to get you out? As it stands at the moment - the Bosses have a time frame to kill it, yet most people do succeed in doing so I don't see this being much of a 'panic'. Any Ideas????

2. hey :) , u know that actually sounds pretty interesting , and if they fail to get u out of capture u die :D...but the problem is u can't count that a lot of people might help out, as they are busy with their bosses, the main issue is that we have invested our skill points into stamina and health and not so much into attack and defense so these damn bosses are pretty tough to take down, u waste so much stamina and yet you get low drops and a max of 3000 XP which is barely enough in high levels :S, hopefully the administrator might fix this by lowering the damage required to take down a boss or providing extra skill points to allow us to invest them properly, please look into the issue thnxs :)

3. You could if there was a 'help'button' as such to rescue you instead of help attack -, or as well as, help to defeat boss - - there is nothing more boring than hitting the attack button just to defeat it, when you know you eventually will!! Nothing happens at the moment - what is needed is an incentive to achieve the Bosses drop weapons - make them a higher value for instance -
    I just feel something more could happen with a boss fight......additional ideas might be taken onboard or at least listened too.

4. ya i mean the boss fights could have so much more creativity in them :D, making boss killing so much more interesting, we can come up with so much ideas if we put our mind into it, and ya it's so boring u keep hitting the attack button to take it down and taking so much attacks from rivals in the process lol!!! let's hope that the administrators think about updating the bosses and providing additional game options :D

5. I agree Raforta, that sounds like a good idea..Kano needs to do something with the bosses, otherwise why bother wasting your stamina on them? You dont get alot in return.hahah
    WE should all write to them and give them your suggestion..

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Interesting idea.

Any other suggestions?

7. having the bosses randomly attack back during the battle

8. polishpimpn

polishpimpn New Member

how about keeping track of how many bosses killed (whether yours or a fellow chieftains) and awarding achievements and points at different increments. Its not much but its something. A lot of people have turned to bosses because the battle list has become slim pickens. It would be nice to get a lil more bang for your stamina buck.

9. Gavin

Gavin Member

Yes all sounds fun, the random attack back would be interesting, what if they did enough damage it could kill you and you have to start over on the same boss.

The achievements for boss kills are already kind of there as in the level 1,5,10, but, you maybe talking of total number of any boss (yours, some one elses, any type of boss) as an achievement. This sound good but may lead to many high level player killing every boss that they see needs help and not considering that the other play just wants to open the unlocks or just alittle help and finishing off later.

10. that would be a bit irritating to start over though if it killed you though.specially to the ones that were helping.that would make them start over again.but it could be abused.get exp from boss(higher than what you lose when dying)die,start over,gain exp again,die again,start over...etc

11. But reading everyones points on this - surely that would be the deterant? If the Boss attacked you at randon (or any helper) to the point of death, and your (or helpers) points went back to zero - you would avoid the risk of higher players 'muscling in' on other bosses for fear of their level bosses going back to zero - not sure how this could be written into the game play - but there needs to be some sort of challange with the bosses as at the momnet its an inevitable kill.....with not much reward for the amount of stamina!!

12. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Good thread! Thanks Raforta!

Just wanted to add that I am very pleased with the drops on the Trickster Faeries boss and Nidavellir. Keep it coming!

13. sln88

sln88 Member

I don't really see the point in getting people to help you(as it is currently set up). I finally quit trying to get helpers and I am just killing my own bosses(and not helping others). If you would get something "good" for having the unlocks, then I would try helping again

14. polishpimpn

polishpimpn New Member

Yes Gavin...I was thinking "a total # on any boss", as far as the higher levels killing every boss.......thats indeed a possability, but thats what the bosses comment box is for. I've been posting messages for a long time asking chieftains to please state their intent for the boss in its comment box, if they dont ....I assume they want it dead and kill it. I've run into many that take exception to this and have even declanned a few that have taken it a bit far, Its added a bit of drama that has actually been kinda fun and allowed me the opportunity to "thin the herd", on the other hand I've gotten many messages from even more chieftains that r in total agreement, at the very least .....its led to more player interaction which I believe is a posative.

15. polishpimpn

polishpimpn New Member

It really is a moot point getting people to help for the "unlocks" , by the time someone gets all the "unlocks" the boss is pretty much done for anyway and the power attacks do not carry over to the next level of said boss

16. The points made about 'higher levels' muscling in on Bosses is True - the unfairness being that some of the lower bosses can easilly be swiped at the moment by a stronger player in comparrison to some of the lower strength players - but if the game can stop you bountying or attacking a lower level player,can this not be recognised by a Boss that 'your level is to high to attack' or even to limit you on the amount of attacks made. Even better create a Boss that has many tricks (i.e to attack back & possible death) but only open to higher level players - slight incentive maybe would be similar to opening new adventures.