low level protection and guild privacy

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, May 23, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

After reading all the different threads and posts regarding guild privacy Ive come to understand that some players simply dont want to participate in PVP game play and that they would rather just partake in bosses, adventures and or socializing. Although this doesnt make complete sense to me I do recognize that they play a different style then myself and the majority of players out there but they do deserve to play without getting excessively hounded by players with this other style of play. So with that said...I do agree with the idea behind the "guild privacy" update for the reasons stated but I also think that going "hidden" should also bring on certain limits for these guilds

If a guild chooses to go hidden and enjoy the luxury of not being able to be found and attacked, listed or slapped, then they should not be able to participate in any guild play such as "season play" or the upcoming "guild wars". Its only fair that the guilds that are not hidden get to see who their competition is. Whats fair is fair...they can have their privacy....but we get to see who were playing against!

As far as the "protection level" issue goes....I do understand Kanos concern about losing so many players once they pass level 300, obviously.....if we dont get and keep new players the game will inevitably fail.

Is there a way we can combine these features? Instead of raising the level for "protection status" from 300-500, cant Kano just strongly recommended for the lower level players to join a hidden guild if they wish to remain protected to some degree. Maybe on the guild page there should be 2 categories of guild..."hidden" and "Unhidden" and a explanation of what each entails.

Or how about dropping the protection level all together, rather...when a new account is formed a new player will automatically join a "kano guild"(no officers or leader) which is "hidden", they wont be eligible to leave this guild until level 300. The insertion into these "Kano guilds" will be completely random(not allowing for low leveled alt guilds). These guilds will be eligible for "season play" and to trophy (although highly unlikely). Players who reach level 300 will then be eligible to leave these "Kano guilds" and choose to join a "hidden" guild, public guild or go solo. This will allow for...

1) A new player to be "protected " to the same level they r now
    2) They will be introduced to and get the chance/time to understand guild play
    3) The random insertion of these players will help keep the "alt guilds" in check as only players above 300 will be eligible to join a guild of there choosing.
    4) These new players will still be eligible to get their butts kicked if they choose to ignore the disclaimer before attacking a higher level player
    5) Kanos rules of play, suggestions, tips, TOS agreement links can be auto fed into their guild feeds allowing them every opportunity to be fully aware of all the rules and such.

I realize that this does not keep other higher level players from copying the newbies URL in the unfortunate event they would mess with a higher level player, and that the true "bullies" out there that use this method to continue to harrass these lower levels players beyond the 24 hr window could continue to do so. Maybe Kano could keep these URL links from being links and or copied...at least then the bullies would be forced to write down the extremely long URLs. other ideas?

2. not bad not bad at all larry :D

3. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

all kano has to do is ONLY allow people to list someone within half of their lvl, that is how it should work anyway in my opinion and it would eliminate this "lvl300 issue" that they have created which shouldnt even be a topic on this forum had there been the "no more than half ur lvl" from the start

its really as simple as that, bc this lvl300 thing is only a problem bc they decided to let lvl300s turn into dog food by not thinkin it through

i dont understand why people call it a "lvl trap" by lvl'n fast when EVERYONE did it, but it just so happened that now the people who had gotten their lvls fairly high have started building their bounties as well and those people in the higher lvls are usually the ones that have been playin the longest, whereas the majority of the people lvl1000 and better (MW) are the ones that have been around for year(s) playin the app and have 400+ days experience

honestly, the lower lvl players that "take their time" are either not online that often, bounty hunters ONLY, or alts and after lvl300 the jobs start giving u more money to start really building ur bounty up anyway so these people shouldnt be able to be listed by anyone over lvl1000 or it will kill off the game entirely and become a high lvl slaughter until people get bored and quit as well

4. polishpimp

5. Red

Red Member

That is way too complex, kano´s brains would melt trying to create something like that :D

6. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

@polish - what you are suggesting would change the game significantly and take many hours to develop. If a player attacks you then you can attack them back from your rival clan list so having a hidden Guild member list will not effect your ability to retaliate. We are trying to find ways that do not limit all players but gives everyone the option to play the game how they want. I will put forward your feedback for the Guild Wars (can't be hidden to participate) however; I think that this may already be the case.

@baby - Anyone who is over a minimum level (300) can be hitlisted by any player at any level. If you are below that level, then players who are less than 2 times your level can hitlist you (example I am level 50, I can only be hitlisted by players who are level 100 or less). If the lower level does not retaliate, then that higher level player cannot attack. If a lower level attacks an out of range higher level player, they will be up for attack until either the higher level kills them or the 24-hr retaliation window expires. This is not new. It has been this way for some time now.

@red - thanks for the vote of confidence.

7. polishpimp

Ok, i have no idea what goes into that kinda thing...didnt realize it would take so long...it was just a thought.

I realize that being "hidden" would not affect another players ability to "retaliate" if the lower player listed , hit or slapped another player first, thats the way its always been and should remain. I was suggesting that if they were in "hidden" guild" initially and or chose to be in one after the mandatory "kano guild" they would not be subject to the random attacks, listings and slaps of these "bullies", all they would have to do is not attack, slap or list anyone of a higher level and they will be " protected " until the end of time if they so wish. If they want to "reveal" themselves by attacking someone higher than themselves...thats on them and they have absolutely no reason to cry about it.

Doesnt that give every one the options they want/need....not limiting anyone....and making each player solely responsible for there own actions after they have had the time to "learn the game"

Ty for the reply, and thanks for considering not letting hidden guilds compete

8. Red

Red Member

Just kidding you guys are awesome :D

9. Wonder Woman

@polish - we always appreciate feedback and ideas from players. keep them coming!

@red - :cool:

10. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yes i am aware of the lvl300 thing, however i did see where it was said to be at lvl500, but i guess that must have changed back

i am just simply stating that i do not like that, whereas i feel as though no matter what lvl u are a person should only be able to list someone that is half of their lvl

11. we agree yet disagree

lets say the #1 rank is over level 7000 and no one else is even at level 3000

congratulations the level 7000 cant list anyone even though they have the coin and means

level 300 is how its been for a long time

just a simple reading of the FAQ will show this

99% of higher levels will NOT just randomly list

been over this already

12. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

u dont play mobwars, the numbers are different there and the lvl7000 would not want to list nobody anyway, people only want to list either those that they beef wit (which would be on their rivals list anyway) or those that are in an enemy syn (which usually turns out to be lower lvls anyway) so that is what i constantly say this over and over

i didnt wanna go into another convo though about it...LoL, i restated it since kano was responding to people here...lmao

13. Wonder Woman

It was briefly changed to 500 then reverted a few weeks ago. We appreciate your input and we are working to find a balance - protect the lower level players but keep it open for players to do as they had been doing previously.

14. kano tries to please everyone but it dont always work

they sure try though i gotta give em credit for it

15. geff gur

geff gur Member

that's one reason i've stayed with Kano for almost 2 years on myspace, and for 1 on facebook since i started there.

is there not some way it could be limited the way the battle list is, if it's that big a deal? maybe double the size of the battle list, even. and if someone in your armada/guild asks for help, THEN you could attack outside that range, to assist your ally.

16. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Aye! For "old" time players... I still remember Norseman or was it Chinna bountying me repeatedly when I was a level 200 or so (they were in the 1,000's already, lol). The good old "just suck it up" days, lol. Oh, and how can we all forget when adventure weapons were our elite "armed" weapons. Lot's of energy for those lower travel areas at one time. This game has come a long way.

Last edited: May 26, 2011