[VC] Logout Link STILL Not Working??

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by GoddessFreyja, Jan 25, 2018.

1. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

Something happened here yesterday sometime after the Raid event started; the Logout link worked fine until then (in Google Chrome). It's got nothing to do with cookies or clearing cache, etc. I'm glad to see that someone else posted they are also having a problem logging out using a different device. Maybe now someone can figure out what this glitch is and how to fix it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've been looking at this and as near as we can figure it's half a Google update that caused the problem and half us. The problem, we believe, is that your browser would have had an out-of-date cookie for KanoPlay stored in it. Google changed whatever they changed, and then we made our change which caused the loop.

We reverted what we did, so that should have fixed our end. If incognito mode and other browsers work, that means that there is still something in Google Chrome that is having incompatibility issues, for lack of a better phrase. We're still looking at it, but that's where we are at right now.

3. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I clear my history, cookies, etc. regularly and cleared them 3 times yesterday. I just cleared them again and was finally able to log in and out a few times using my regular Chrome page (not incognito mode). Hopefully, whatever you did on your end resolved the problem. If I get stuck in the logout loop again, you'll be the first to know. ;)

Smack and mi7ch like this.
  4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

yea i am now seein the issue with the log out hmm

5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Update: it is your History which means is that you need to clear it out within the 7 days or either 4 weeks an it will fix the issue!!

Barnacle likes this.