Lock the Bottom of Kanoplay Screen

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Mabest, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

This jumping up bottom of the Kanoplay screen is driving me crazy. Can you not lock it down? I know this has been discussed before with the bottom of the screen popping up. I hesitate to call this a bug in the game, but it might as well be that too. I return gifts out of Server 1 and I do start at the bottom collecting and work my way up and then returning back down again. BUT... If I choose to stop at some point and return before I have collected them all or at least almost all of them, I get that stupid bottom part of your screen that pops up, hiding everything below it. It does it in private messages too. It is really getting old here. Please fix this!!!
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actions Jump to Response:

Yes = Action links jump to top of page
    No = Action links remain at current position

yesno
    Switch that, and see what get, up top middle screen settings;)

foxysiren and Mabest like this.
  3. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Jades, it locks the screen. Say I'm on the home page, looking at the middle of the boss list. I see one, click on the link and it takes me to the middle part of the boss instead of the top of the boss. I don't know about gifting yet because I just returned everything a couple of hours ago. As far as messages, I will see how that goes too.
    I don't like the fact though that, that setting you suggested, doesn't go back to the top of the screen. Seems to me that it would be easier for Kano to lock the bottom of their screen down. It is low at the bottom to begin with and then it jumps up about 3 or so inches on my screen.

Justin the killer likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I normally play/use Kano Play and I have to be honest I've never experienced that myself. :confused:

What browser are you using? Always a helpful starting point for looking into things. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I use Firefox. I am up to date too.

6. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Mi7ch, try collecting gifts. Scroll down about 1/2 the way or so (if you even have gifts to collect) and collect one. The bottom of your screen - the charcoal gray Kano one, will pop up covering the rest of your gifts.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but I get this on Chrome as well. It happens at the bottom of the screen when I'm checking feeds and I click on a request to see the players that helped to see if they need boosts sent to them, the bottom of the screen jumps up and covers some of them up. It's the same thing on the City screen and I click on the locations button to see if I've unlocked a location yet, the bottom of the screen jumps up and covers some of them up. This is not the same as what Jades mentioned in settings, where when you click on an active link, the whole screen shifts to the top of the page from where you were. Follow my examples and you'll see the issue we're talking about, I don't think the browser, game, or platform makes a difference.

Mabest likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've seen this many times on VC locations as well using firefox, guess it was how explained from Tillie

Mabest likes this.
  9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Mi7ch? Have you guys discussed this problem yet? I realize this is only Tuesday, but would like to know anyway.

10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

This happens to me on a semi-regular basis on my tablet. My "fix" for it is to hit the home page a 2nd or 3rd time, scrolling down each time to see if the whole list of bosses needing help/challenges needing help/adventures needing help (or whatever I happen to be doing at the time) has returned to normal. When my gifting gets messed up, I hardly scroll down any before collecting up & gifting down, so that I don't "lose" any pirates for reciprocation (In other words I do sections at a time).

11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Losing gifts is a pain, but they aren't really lost either. Every day when I return gifts, after accepting and returning from the alert, I go to gifts/received and return from there too. I find that even though I clicked return from the alert, sometimes it hasn't returned a gift. So this is what I do to make sure I haven't missed returning anything.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's gone into the bug queue but as of yet I've been unable to reproduce using both yours and Jared's comments on both Chrome and Firefox (latest versions). We'll still look into it regardless, but it hasn't worked for me yet. :(

Mabest likes this.
  13. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that it hasn't popped up for you yet in the game, unless you don't have gifts or any conversations in your messages. It is only on Kanoplay and not a FB server issue.

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I thought it might just be the 4 of us that were experiencing this. That's why I never said anything about it before. I wish I could post before and after screenshots to show how this is happening, but I can't seem to be able to for some reason.

15. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Reported this almost a year ago
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/page-footer-covering-captain-alerts-feed.16173/
    and according to your reply here
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/kanoplay-bottom-of-screen.17062/#post-142635
    it should be into the bug queue for 8 months now :)

It's happening in all browser, also on my iPad.

Mabest likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That happens, we may have looked into it and not come to a resolution, or it got moved down. There are a lot of bugs, not unusual to see a few of them slip if it doesn't come up a lot. Our system can definitely stand to be improved in that respect.

17. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Marc14 likes this.