[LCN] Loan Sharks?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Michael Wheet, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

It could be interesting (and more realistic) if players that posess properties could borrow money from others (Loan Sharks) at a high interest rate, which the amount could be limited to the property value. By faliure to repay the loan (with interest) the loaning player may sieze the property of the borrowing one. Just a suggestion...what do you think? Post your opinion please. ;)

2. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

It will be abused.

AXXO likes this.
  3. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@Michael Wheet : good idea, but unfortunatly ... I think the cheaters with second accounts would take benefit of this system to become extra rich.

4. Michael Wheet

Yes, that is most likely the case. Which raises the question of "Why are so many well known shared accounts (alternates) tolerated?" I know the best way is to report it, but I will not play the snitch in this game or in real life. Maybe closer moderation of the game is needed.

5. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

It definitely is.

6. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

There's no need to borrow cash anyway?

7. Michael Wheet

@Gazzaaaa : Theoretically, what if a low ranking player felt the urge to list a higher ranking player but was lacking the funds? This is a scenario where I could imagine loaning money.

8. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well there is a bank in the game, and it would make sense that you could loan money from it. At an interest rate and with a cap of for instance 100 times your income. Then all cash you gained afterwards would be used to repay the loan. Maybe even that the longer it takes to repay the loan, the higher the interest rate

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You can take money out of the bank( hoard) .

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight, you wanna list someone can't afford and ask for loan?
    • Let's see, make a Alt, grab a loan/list someone and never return to game, yeah makes perfect sense.
    1 Star

11. Michael Wheet

I see the apple has a worm in it, but that was only one example for lending money. And if any developers read this please note: We all know you are doing your best to eliminate alternative accounts by freezing them. How about working on a way to eliminate the possibility in the first place, please?

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I think it would make more sense if you could loan from the bank (for X times your hourly income), but have to pay it back with interest. Then people can use that for emergencies.

Although I still fear that people would make alts, loan the maximum and list people, then abandon the account.

13. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

yep I see alt written all over that - sorry Michael. If someone needed the cash bad enough, they could always sell some of their property..very bad move in my opinion but if ya just got to list someone that would work :)

14. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Even a level 100 account don't make a lot of cash, and base it on the income, that will never be a lot for low levels

15. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

If someone just has to list someone, and needs the cash, they can do what all of the rest of us do when we need more stamina or energy...they can just buy a refill of cash. OOOOORRRRR, they can wait until they earn it.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  16. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Like @StoneCK just said, they should just save up cash until they can afford it. Anyway, revenge is best served cold, and all that!

17. Michael Wheet

I personally believe that cash plays too small a role in this game. There should be more oppertunities to invest, other than properties and listing. Just my opinion, and any ideas on the subject as to how that could be imlimented would be of interest.

18. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

As new player you will use the in-game cash to arm your mob. As you level up further there becomes no reliance upon the 'bought' items and their upkeep costs. Using the cash to invest in properties increases the cost for others to list you, making it a less palatable option. As seen in the movies (I am not a real mobster so I have to rely upon fiction) I suppose a successful mobster would have sufficient money to actually enjoy it and not need to watch his pennies and dimes, but the human instinct of greed compels them to continue for more and more. Its like that in the game as well, my personal income in the game is
    City Income: $431,138,210,000 but that doesn't stop me from investing in more properties or from hunting bounties. I don't need more because there is little to do with it other than earn more, I just want more.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Didn't you say you are a new player somewhere here in forums? It all sounds good, but it also sux arse via cheats. Sorry for language, but no way I'd ever support something like this.

20. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

They could let us use in-game cash to buy weapons. Considering there is a cash refill button that will let you spend fps for in-game cash, they should let us use that in-game cash to buy a limited weapon. For me, 10 fps will get me just a bit more than 3 trillion cash, so by that ratio, roughly 10 trillion should get me a limited quantity item. Now, that would take me very very little time to earn, considering income and some of the bounties out there, so lets call it 100 trillion in-game cash gets me a limited quantity item. Its still not worth it to me to buy in-game cash, but it gives us something else to do with it other than buy properties. It also has the added effect of making people think about how they develop their mobster. If all we do with our cash is invest in properties, our bounties will become enormous, but with this scenario we would have the option to make our mobster stronger OR wealthier (and thus more costly to list).