[LCN] Loan Sharking

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by David Alexandre Franses, Jan 9, 2013.

1. The Idea

To make better use of the bank-utility, and to add to the uses of cash, i propose that every player would be able to be a loan shark.

Specifics

The loan shark would be able to give loans to people, limited to the amount of money he actually has banked.
    The amount a loan shark would be able to loan to people, would be based upon the level of the people taking loans.
    There would be different-payoff plans, with different interest rates ; A low-hourly rate, a medium-daily rate, and a high-weekly rate. The interest rate would be calculated on the amount the loaner still owes, and a first rate would be immediately calculated upon closure of the deal (this to prevent people from paying back the full amount before any interest is due). Mob-members, would obviously get a lower rate than non-mob members.
    Pay-backs would be funded into the loan-shark's bank.

Loaners would be able to payback entirely at their will, with any amount desired. If they so wish, they could also just not pay the loan-shark back, and here's where the fun begins
    Depending on which plan was chosen, a "threat-level" would increase (from 1 - Low , to 5 - Ultimate! ) every so often upon non-payback.

E.g, say a loaner has agreed upon a daily rate, his threat-level starts out at 0 , The loaner doesn't make any pay-back ever , this is what would happen :

1) After 48 hours :

Low-threat : Interest rate increases with 0.5%

2) After 72 hours :

Medium : Loan-shark gets to have the loaner on his rival list, each fight "won" would grab 50% more cash from loaner than usual, the extra 50% is deducted from what the loaner owes

3) After 96 hours :

Hot : Loan-shark is able "extort" loaner, to claim parts of the loaner's city-revenue. The % of the revenue claimed by the loan-shark is dependent on the amount of stamina a loan-sharks has used to extort. The thus acquired extra revenue is distracted from what the loaner owes. If extorted the loaner is now unable to sell any city-propriety.

4) After 120 Hours :

Dangerous : Loan-shark is now able to also "slave" the loaner, halving the loaner's energy refill-rate, the thus acquired "slaver-energy" can be used by the Loan-shark to do jobs, the jobs done with slavery energy only reward cash (no XP/Drops) , and is deducted from what the loaner owes. To avoid that the loan-shark doesn't use the energy (to intentionally make the loaner's situation worse by having extra interest) , this energy depletes (completely) , and upon depletion, part of the loaner's debt is cleared. It's the loan-sharks job to use this energy !

5) After a week :

Ultimate : The loan-shark is now able to sell propriety (city propriety, and inventory) that the loaner owes to clear the debt. The selling of propriety can only be done to clear the loaner debt completely. (To avoid putting the loaner in a negative income!) It's up to the loan-shark to decide if he wants to clear the at this point very high risk debt, or risk to continue to have bad payments, however, once this point has been reached, the loan-shark has only two options : Either clear the debt with a forced sale, or continue the loan, but loosing all previous perks.

Disclaimer

I'm sure loopholes can be found in this, don't shoot me for it, it's the gist/idea of it that counts !

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

You're suggesting that we bring back Slavery, and its the loopholes you're worried about getting shot for? lmao!

I only play LCN part-time, so Im not going to vote this, as its not much concern to me. but as a comment, Im not too much into the idea of loan sharking. Kudos on coming up with new player interaction tho.

How about since there is an option to "pay protection". The person who you pay to protect yourself from gets a percentage of your income? :D

3. I like the idea for all the games, it needs some fine tuning but a good idea none the less. I also like the idea of paid protection. Someone could pay a fee to a player (and kano) and every one on their rival page who has listed them or attacked them X amount of times will show up on the hired guns rival page for a predetermined amount of time. Both ideas would fit nicely into the theme of all the games. It would als likely increase the hired guns rival page as well which is always good in fighting games . Ten stars