[FB] Listen Kano, I'm really tired...

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by AssassinoAnonimo, Mar 22, 2012.

1. AssassinoAnonimo

AssassinoAnonimo New Member

I'm tired of getting notifications from LCN! Look at this...

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra added 851 games you played in the past to your timeline.
    a few seconds ago

That, only in the last 24 hours, they come by seconds and I'm fed up! Any way to turn this off?

I reported them as spam but they keep coming up...

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

you should be able to block notifications on FB, got to account settings, I would imagine , this sounds like a fb issue not a kano issue :)

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Can you take a screen shot and please send into support?

This does not sound like something that we are pushing and as Linda mentioned sounds like it could be a bug with Facebook.

The notification itself sounds like a bug since LCN would not publish games to your timeline:
    "Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra added 851 games you played in the past to your timeline.
    a few seconds ago"

Is anyone else getting the same kind of notifications?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just wanted to bump this up.

We just got a support issue from another player complaining about another game doing the same thing, logging timeline actions of them playing XXX games in Zombie Slayer. We do not log that action in any of our games which makes me think this is a Facebook bug, also we did not even add that action which makes me further think that it is something to do with Facebook.

Are any other people encountering this issue? I have yet to see it on my account.

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I had this happen for ZS. I thought maybe because I hadn't been on there for so long it was just updating. I deleted it and then a couple of days later I had the same thing for LCN show up. I started an LCN player but never played it, so didn't know why the achievements were showing new in my feed from that.

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It does indeed look like a bug with Facebook, if you search for it in google you will see a bunch of other developers experiencing the same thing.

It looks to be impacting players that Facebook is converting over to timeline, we have logged a bug with Facebook so hopefully they can fix this because we are not spamming players they are as they move over players to timeline.

7. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

i get notifications all the time from all the games even afte i went to aaccount settings and also deleted the applications off my computer, ihad over 3000 notifications on differentt games i haveneveer even played in one day bedfore, it is annoying and FB doesnt seem to care enought to stop it, they just said to stop all notifications and delete the apps, which i did but i still get them popping up in my email and also while i try to play mob wars lcn

8. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

Delete timeline if you can and the problem should be fixed

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

We've received a response from Facebook that it is a bug with their system and they have a fix ready to be pushed soon.

If you like, check out the bug report here: http://developers.facebook.com/bugs/327015334023405

If you have turned off game notifications you may turn them back on as the games were not sending the notifications :)

10. AssassinoAnonimo

AssassinoAnonimo New Member

I had deleted the notifications, this fixed the problem partially since I stopped getting them on the lower left side, but I was still getting them up in the Facebook bar... it seems it stopped now, I initially thought it was a problem concerning KANO because Facebook was telling me that "Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra has added to your timeline bla bla bla" and it was kind of pissing me off big time lol...

Thanks though!