[All] Limit characters in game names.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Alice Prospero, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

wow getting alittle bent about something that only bothers you lol

2. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

well A PERSON HAS TO PAY for a name change. why would we pay and buy limited characters, then make it 1 or 2 GFs

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

That is actually odd, one would think the attack button should "stay static" and if name is to long it get's cut off at the end. What's does this do with the old battle screen interface?

4. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

and its easier, if you avoid that mobster since you're not wining a battle, so you wont have problem with his name or attack function get messed.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

In his defense if attack button moved around on screen for you, might be singing a different tune whether win or lose.

6. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

and why not try the old battle interface and see. Isnt it bit too much for asking to limit name characters just because of 1 or two players, and FYI if he really wants to attack, he can still see the attack button, I hope it works, not like it totally disappeared

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Simple thought, this shouldn't even be happening in the 1st place.. Doesn't matter if it's rare occurrence or not, the attack button should stay static over length of someones name. Whether be on new or old interface :p I'm sure Smack will clear this up on Monday.

Snowtiger likes this.
  8. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I just tried a name on VC, it has a limit 0f 50 characters, and I tried a long name, not 50 characters but name buttons stayed the same

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I had to go find this person, and attack button is in a different spot as well. The box surrounding attack even geeks out. This is on old battle screen interface, so it's on both.
    http://imgur.com/jjssrqA

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Well unless all of Viking Clan decides to make long crazy names, i think we'll be fine

Kirsten likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So if your attack button got moved DEMONIK, you would be fine with it on a opponent? (being someone made long name) I'll pay 10 FP's to move it LMFAO

12. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

you talk as if he's the only player in the fight list. lol

13. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

It's a bug and it should be fixed. It's all i'm saying. I've spoken to more people that are bothered by it so you are wrong.

14. Alice Prospero

Another person suggested that instead of limiting the number of characters allowed they could limit the characters shown where it bugs the interface. I think thats a better idea. I stated so earlier too.

15. Alice Prospero

YOu're missing the point. I attack it to show the bug. There have been others that i win against but that's not the point, is it? I'm pointing at a graphic bug. If i win or not is not even the issue.

16. Alice Prospero

Thanks. You seem to be the only person here to understand what i'm talking about.

17. Cisco

Cisco Member

Right, I don't really care about the length of names, I never noticed that there was a interface problem. If there is a problem, it should be fixed.

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This thread belonged in bugs /issue, not discussion , you can move it there., Kano will have prob see it sooner.

GATMAN likes this.
  19. Alice Prospero

Good point. Thanks. I sent a bug report to support though I hope that'll be enough.

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Most of the people i attack hide and suicide and the 3 that dont could have the attack link wherever, i adapt to any situation