Legendary Items

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by Jerome Griffin, Feb 8, 2012.

1. It has been brought up before but seems to have been put on a back burner. So I will post this in this new ideas section for feedback. The Legendary Items are totally useless as they are. If there is ANYONE using any of these items it is just for the adventures or blacksmithing. The boss drops rendered them obsolete. The outrageous cost and upkeep might be ok if their attack and defense were comparable to the free upkeep boss and the adventure drops. These legendary items were a flop the first day they were introduced. Can you please make some adjustments to make these things make sense to even be taking up game space? The excitement of leveling up to get access to the new weapons and warriors has been taken away with the introduction of boss drops. Everyone's income just keeps going through the roof and upkeep is becoming a thing of the past in the game. Where is the strategy in building income just for the sake of building income and have little chance of using gold to fund a stronger clan? Somewhere along the line of creating new bosses and adventures etc. the simple mechanics of the game has been lost. You should be able to build your clan with your gold as in the first 1000 or so levels. I know that the Devs of old understand what I am saying but I am trying to explain this so any new devs will see what I am saying.

The cost being high is fine. It's the att/def of the items that doesn't make sense. Here is an example that is open to me right now:

Legendary Sword Berzerker 29 -28 180 billion + 18 mil upkeep

Dwemer Lord 39 - 30 FREE
    Elven Longblade 50 - 45 FREE

Can you see how the stats of the so called legendary items are grossly imbalanced for the game?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. Maler

Maler Member

this has been brought up again and again, and still nothing happened, so don't hold your breath :(

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Ah, the good, old legendary joke. Honestly, I don't think the cost or strength of the legendary items will ever be adjusted. And whoever uses them in masses almost has my pity.

4. Well, I really dont expect much but I wanted this idea in the right place because it needs to be addressed. Those legendary items were released as Beta and we were told they would adjust them as needed but the adjustment never came. I guess bosses took center stage at the time.

5. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

I use legendary items, well I use the Legendary Axe Warrior, 25-28, because it gives me 2 extra defence over the base warrior defence of Balder Protege, 28-26 (which I am reliable informed are used well into the L3000s). A couple of dozen wouldn't make much of a difference but I have 4,000 of them which gives me an extra 8,000 defense, which is not to be sneezed at as this is the equivalent of about 64 favor point warriors which would cost 1,920 FPs. They earns me a nice trickle of XP from unsuspecting attackers which is the only currency that counts in this game.

As Jerome says though, it looks like a stupid waste in terms of sheer capital (96T) and income (32M) but as was pointed out elsewhere, what else is there to spend money on. There is Emipre but all that gives you is cash to spend on Emipre and no matter how high my base bounty cost is there will always be some nutter who thinks it is worth the 1.5T expense to see me lose ~200XP which I can make up with just 2 successful attacks at a cost of 2 stamina. There is bounty money of course but I consider that an even bigger waste (has anyone ever encountered someone who backed off just because they were bountied) which just leaves cash for counter attacks.

Whoever thought that a 2 point increase in defense was worth x40,000 more to a player had to be inhaling lunch, "Hmmn let me think, would a player prefer to buy 1 Legendary Axe Warrior or 40,000 Balders Protege's (which is 4 times the maximum they could actually use not to mention the 1.6T upkeep)"

So, I for one, speaking impartially, would welcome even a modest increase in the stats of legendary warriors. Legendary weapons though are a dead loss as I left purchased weapons behind hundreds of levels ago.

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Actually, you should try to amass Berserker Chiefs (25/33) or Flameweavers (30/40) for defense purposes. I doubt that you'll find enough Norns for tons of defense warriors.

And for the question what money would be good for: I work on the 1T income achievement. 94% there. Few on MySpace want to list me now, as my base bounty is already over 6T.

7. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

I try to do as many bosses as I can which give decent warrior drops, craft Shadow Guard 30-36 and I also keep going back to collect Heroic Berserkers 35-28 from the "Test your wit against Heroic Warriors" Adventure in Asgard. My ultimate aim is to be upkeep free (I'll worry about what to do with all my cash then:)).

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

here here....couldnt agree more....Well said Jerome

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

Rejected. We wanted to give players with cash something to buy. Since we have added content to the game over the months, there are more drops, bountying, properties, crafting etc.. No plans to produce more legendary items at this time or adjust the current ones.