[LCN] October 6th Update - Limited/Loyalty item stat increase

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

An update was released to Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra today that revamped the Attack and Defense stats on many Limited and Loyalty items including those awarded from our seasonal calendar games. If you have some of these older items you may notice an increase in the strength of your Mob while in battle.

If you have any comments or feedback please leave them in this thread.

2. is a bad thing...not al the players put money in the game,so we can;t handle hith them

3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I agree, this update makes the job drops, boss drops and whorksop items to look like crap and total waste of time to make them.

An example:

Optimal Silva Melee Dumbell 46 Attack 58 Defense from the previous update
    Electrocharge Smg Attack 78 and Defense 130, the current limited weapon.

Assuming, that the weakest weapon you have in defense is the Pearl Magnum with
    Attack 35 Defense 45,

One limited weapon gives you 130 defense - 45 defense = + 85 Defense points,

for that you need 85/(58-45)=6.53 Optimal Silva Melee Dumbells with 46 Attack 58 Defense,

which you can make from 6.53*135=882 Silva Melee Dumbells

4. I've never given them a dollar, yet all of my personal loadout has been improved.

Ouch, math. There is a reason they're called "Limited" items. You can't craft them, they don't drop when you do a job or hit a boss, they aren't upgrades of worthless items...you can only get them from the godfather himself.

5. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

so whether it had 100 def or 130 def u think it is going to change what u have to do in order to craft items? job drops, boss drops and workshop items have always looked like "crap" compared to the limited items so what is the difference?

its a 30 point difference since u wanna play the numbers game so if ur main concern is tryin to "keep up" then lvl 6 times faster for every limited item they buy and put those 30 pts in def...lol

even if they didnt upgrade the limited items u would still have to get 571 silva melee dumbells in order to make up the difference so is ur point that u think the limited items should be removed or that u dont spend ur money where u spend ur time? in case u didnt notice b4, the people that spend the most money USUALLY have the best accts (i say usually bc some people are just flat out stupid anyway...smh)

6. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

those that dont put money into the game have mediocre accts when the going gets tough

7. why should paying players not get properly rewarded

having workshop and drop items fairly close in strength to even stronger than godfather items

how fair is that..id feel ripped off if i spent to get limited items only to find out drops/blacksmith are same strength or close enough where it makes little difference

this update was great and rewarded those that spent properly

8. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yup, true dat!

9. wait wait

we actually agree :rolleyes:

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Bo baby makes an excellent point....the items are limited. Are they limited because only a limited number are available? NO. They are limited because they r so outrageously expensive that only Bill Gates himself could afford to purchase enough of them to significantly alter the outcome of a battle. Items available through bosses , adventures and blacksmithing can easily be obtained in bulk and by doing so ...more than compensate for the limited amount of limited items any normal person could affor

Throughout the games limited items cost what...25-40 god points? whats that equate to in real dollars? u do the math. The reality of limited items is that they really only have a big impact on a players loadout and that some of them just look bitchn. A players loadout plays a vital role in determining the outcome of a battle...what would be the point if we all had the same boring items readily available throughout the games in our loadout?

lets not forget a couple very important facts....

1)Limited items do not have to be purchased only with real money...limited items can be purchased with FP earned through leveling....u have the choice of what u want to do with them.

2)Players who pay to play ARE the reason these games exist and that players have the opportunity to play for free, so instead of criticizing them u ought to be thanking them!

Kano is constantly working to add new worlds in an effort to stay ahead of its players....obviously each new world must be more difficult than the last ..... which in return deserves greater rewards. Eventually as the game progresses limited or reward items such as the ones earned thru event calendars begin to become less and less significant as rewards become greater in other areas. When one stops to consider how long it took to earn and or how expensive some of these items were to obtain.....Then Kanos newest update makes perfect sense!

11. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Nice upgrade :) .... Any chance of reviewing the new craftable items now please

12. I don't Fn believe it...

We actually agree on somethng!

Ok ok, maybe we agree to disagree before you

13. Ace

Ace Member

Well, this makes spending the favor points on Weapons rather than on Mobsters to be a more reasonable option (though I'm not gonna do it :p) than it was before, so I'm fine with the update. It won't help me, but it's fair IMO.

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

No, it is still nowhere near, however it is 30 pts closer, but still not a chance...lol

15. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yeah we do, plus i was tryin out a signature of my own and i had to comment somewhere to see it...lmao

16. man..this is the problem??/the problem is that in hi 5 a lot of people spent money in the game(whit lower lvl)and now whit all that rerease on the weapons...I do my best to craft 1000 rolex garotte for nothing...

17. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

what is wrong wit having 1000 rolex garottes?