[LCN] Developer Update August 20th - FB Automatic Disable

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Hello Everyone,

Nothing like a 2am wake up call that LCN has been automatically disabled by Facebook. Looks like LCN was just automatically disabled due to what they consider to be "negative user feedback". This happened to one of our new apps last week when we first launched it which turned out to be a "false positive" from an inside source and were not given any real reason for the temporary disable but that time the game was back up with-in 12-hrs.

We have submitted through the same channel that got our other game back up, it looks like it is a waiting game now. Previously it took with-in 12-hrs to get the other app online hopefully they will get back to us quickly and the game online since LCN has been on the platform for almost 2 years now and we have not made any significant changes to it recently that would justify this.

We have always made sure that our games have followed FB Policy and have acted well within the limits of the platform.

I apologize for this issue and will keep everyone updated the best we can.

2. baha

baha Member

THANK YOU for the quick Update~! Had a lot of confused Peeps out there going thru withdrawl~! Cheers KANO!!!!

3. Pit Boss

Pit Boss New Member

Cheers, Kendall. Appreciate the info. ;-)

4. Bardy1967

Bardy1967 New Member

Thanks for the update, tbh, FB are total W*****s, just take the app off FB altogether, FB do this all the time, make changes without any notification. they act like they are gods, pity developers dont just take all their apps off FB, that would screw FB up too.

5. Bardy1967

Bardy1967 New Member

And how do FB justify disabling a game that people have paid real money to play, how do those players get their money back, if the game is not given the go ahead to get back up and running?

6. gods people

gods people Active Member

that could be a big problem as alot of players have spent alot of money on this game. also the lost playing time. could be anything from now until maybe days.

7. Busta

Busta Member

Ah yes, cutting off the nose to spite the face.

And for everyone that does play on Facebook?

8. Christian Shultz

Christian Shultz New Member

I normally wouldn't go to these forums, but thanks to this "gaming emergency," I have now emerged. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

I haven't signed up for Google Plus, but in case Facebook starts to become this unreliable for a lot more of their stuff, could we please launch MW:LCN on the Google Plus app platform?

When I get there one day, I want to start on this game there too. Thanks.

9. and i was complaining bout myspace

seems facebot has worse issues

10. Jim Stafford

Jim Stafford New Member

Can you setup a website for your games, outside of FB, so that in the future we can access them, in case FB makes this mistake again?

11. Bardy1967

Bardy1967 New Member

Why not play it off FB.? Its faster anyway, and you get none of the crap advertisements at the side of your screen.

http://fb.kanogames.com/la_cosa_nostra/

12. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i hope we get it back soon Eric and Cara

the king of lcn War

13. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

It is Back

FB has restored MW:LCN! WTG Devs

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Looks like the game is back, we have not yet received any real reason why the auto disable occurred but just that it did and it should be back up and running. It looks like it was another False Positive by their auto banner, we are reaching out to our contacts to do everything we can to make sure another one of these auto-bans does not occur in the future for LCN or any other Kano game.

It also looks like there is issues sending out requests / gifts, when trying to send users are greeted with a "Out of Requests : Sorry, you have run out of requests to send with this application. Please try again tomorrow."

We have also had reports of issues in sending out feed posts but have not been able to reproduce.

We have reached out to FB devs on the remaining issues, thank you for being supportive through this auto disable, we now know how you players feel in those cases where our auto detection has erroneously frozen a player.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Hopefully the final update on this auto disable. We have been re-assured by our contact that this will not happen again and we have provided them a list of Kano games so that they can make sure of that.

So to put all the rumors to rest, LCN was disabled by FB's auto disable system that keyed off of some live data that seems to have been a glitch or a false positive.