[LCN] August 18th Update #2 - New Social Feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

And update to the Social Feed was released to Mob Wars today. This is a new look for the feed and along with that comes some new features.

Notable Changes
    • Action links have been pulled out of the feed text and are displayed to the right of the comments/likes/helpers buttons
    • All feed posts can be commented on by you and your Mob members
    • All feed posts can be 'liked'
    • A list of those who have Liked or Helped with an event are viewable and you are able to send them a boost/gift/message
    • As events expire, become full, or if you have already helped the action link will deactivate

Boss Help feed post with comments
    [​IMG]

Helper/Likes list
    [​IMG]

Please let us know what you think of the new feed. Your feedback is always appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Busta

Busta Member

I like this.

Looks like the help/assist link deactivates when the maximum number of helpers is reached, which is probably the best part of this update. And you forgot to mention it! :p

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good call! I was trying to get a bunch of forum posts out and missed that. I will append the first post to include this.

4. Ace

Ace Member

Also, the link deactivates when the boss dies. I find the feed to be weird now but that's until I get used to it, since it works better this way.

5. Epaphus

Epaphus New Member

I like the idea that the link dies when the Boss dies, but I'm not a fan of the Thumbs Up/Down part. It clutters up the visual aspect. Maybe if was in a different color? But I'm not a fan of Like/Dislike or Thumbs Up/Down things in general. why do we need those?

6. Also, all the old feed posts are gone! Will they automatically expire from now on, or is this a bug from the new format?

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Part of making this switch was storing our Social Feed data in an entirely new way. We have been logging data for the new Social Feed for a little over 2 weeks so yes you will have lost any feed items older than this. But in general your feeds items will not disappear unless you delete the ones you own, or they get pushed out of the queue of your friends/mobsters.

8. Okay, so we've had this implemented a few days now and this is what I've noticed:

For jobs, you can help a mobster once ever 6 hours, and they can post a help link every 24 hours. Previously, if you helped someone at 8 am and by 2 they had not gotten 20 helpers you could come back and help again. Now you can only help someone on each job once, even if you wait 23 hours and 59 minutes, and then only if they re-post the help request.

For challenges you can help a mobster only once, and the number of helpers is limited by the type of challenge. Previously, if a player posted the challenge help request and completed the challenge, started the same challenge again, and did not post a help request, you could go back to the old challenge help request and help them again. Now the link is forever grayed out once it is complete.

I admit that this is useful for boss battles, because I can look and see if the attack link is active to know if the boss is still alive, though it also grays out once you attack the boss. On the other hand, elite mobster links do not gray themselves out once all positions are filled, only when you are already in their elite mobsters.

I do like that the links are formatted for the platform I'm playing on, so if I'm on the Facebook Connect site and open a link in a new window I'm am not moving over to facebook. Thanks for that.

9. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yeah it sucks that u cannot help them on that same challenge until they repost it again, but it is at least so much easier to help out on challenges and job helps now (i wish there was at least a counter of many u have helped out on in case u wanna save some for later...haha)

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Some changes to the Social Feed were released today. Highlights include:
    • Elite Mobsters - if a player has an active (ie:non-expired) feed post for recruits there will be a link on their Profile to fill the position.
    • Max number of 'active' players to pull feed items from has been increased to 100 players
    • 'Group' dropdown now remembers your last selection

If you have any questions or comments please add them to this thread.

11. stupidity rules

stupidity rules New Member

Not sure if others are having this problem but it seems to be that i am "locked out" when i try to help other people with their new bosses that they post this has been going on since the new stuff came out.. same for challenge help!..... think this has been covered here... had posted it before in general issues/bugs but wanted to make sure the dev's were available to look at this also just to make sure! thanks for your hard work and patience...basically when i try to get in new bosses that my mob have posted for some reason i can't get in them!

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If a challenge help link is greyed out then you have already helped or it already has the max number of people assisting. Same for the Bosses, except you can always view the instance of the Boss battle by clicking on the bosses name within the feed.

13. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

thats the same thing that i told him in the issues feed, but he acted as if i didnt know what i was talkin about...lol