kong needs some assistance with world bosses....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mike Lyons, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

we only have about 200 people playing. when i first started, the boss would fill up to limit, giving us higher attack power. now, less people are playing so it doesn't do that...plus there are less people to attack it. we usually end up with 1/3 to 1/2 left in the last 24 hours. Either try to recruit some new players, bring players back, or lower the # people needed to get max att power please.

2. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

hello? anyone out there?

3. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

Boss Battle Details

total vikings:381
    fight started:14 days ago

4. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

Boss Battle Details

total vikings:329
    fight started:7 days ago
    no way we're gonna win this one either

5. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

Freyja Health: 614,022,270 / 3,016,250,000 not even close when it ended....that's 20% left

6. WorldB

WorldB Member

Agreed. World bosses are a part of the game that brings the entire community together. If they continue to fail, we will have lost more motivation to get people to participate. A change of any sort that allows the current community to succeed more often would be a prod to getting more people to continue to play.

7. haggis

haggis Member

need new players, do more promotions..

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll get a developer to look at the Kong/Armor World Bosses this week, sorry about the delay (turkey weekend up here in Canada).

9. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Any chance of combining servers? Kong/Armor numbers have dwindled. The whole dynamic off the game is changing. Harder to get boss help, find battles, help with adventures and challenges, and find bosses to fight. The Raid Boss event was particularly awful - there's only a handful of 4000+ level players - so not much hope for most people in this event.

Changing everything to suit a small group of players probably doesn't make sense... Is it possible to combine servers? If it's not possible, are there any "pipelines" for new players in the works?

10. Birkebeiner

shameless *bump*

11. WorldB

WorldB Member

Has this been looked at in the month since "'ll get a developer to look at the Kong/Armor World Bosses this week"?

With the failure rate of these world bosses on Kong, there is really no reason to try to kill them if the reward at the end of the fight is almost never awarded.

12. Birkebeiner

I don't see that it's been looked at...

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I advise you to play on FB ,no shortage of players here, that is the upside of a social network:)

14. Birkebeiner

No doubt FB provides more players, but, let's assume someone has played the game for a while, invested some time and doesn't want to start all over... Playing is fun and part of the fun is progressing - to do it all over again though wouldn't be so fun, and I'd guess many feel the same way. If the Kong/AG is not supported (by tailored WB and Raid Bossess etc), a merger with another more popular server, or a promotion to get more players then I suppose, in the end, anyone who wants to keep playing will have to join the FB community. Of course, many players won't have the stamina to do it all over again, and some people might object to FB too... I'm sure Kano/Kong/AG know and recognize the situation, but it'd be nice to hear what they're actually intending to do.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I did inform the developers about this when I said I would, but I don't think that any significant changes have been made. I'll ping them again to see if I can get this moving.

16. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I play over there a few min a day, not enough people playing on kong, I only go there to do keys n run stam out anymore, I hardly hit world boss, no point.

17. WorldB

WorldB Member

It's unfortunate as it is a part of the game that should be part of the total experience but with every failed World Boss on Kongregate, more people don't make the effort to hit it.

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It has been a while since we evaluated the health of world bosses on Kong/Armor. We'll look into this next week and come up with some notification within the game to communicate the change so hopefully people will join them again.

Thanks for the heads up.

19. Birkebeiner

Nice to hear that it's getting some attention. Please have a look at the various posts in this thread; it's not just WBs which are negatively affected by low player numbers/participation. Not being able to kill WBs is not a problem - it's a symptom.

20. WorldB

WorldB Member

From my quick evaluation of the most recent world bosses, it appears that a reduction by 10-15% of the total health would make it difficult but doable for most of the world boss attacks with the current level of participation. Alternately, a quicker path up to higher attack values (based on number of participants) could also make this more conceivable.