Killed attacking another opponent

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SHO KOSUGI, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

This feature isn't promoting any activity within the game. You just sit there and someone give their reward to you. Gotta say, I didn't like this feature at all. lol

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Of course you can die attacking another opponent.

Strategy or just unintentional it happens and is completely valid.

3. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Ya know Protector, your response to almost everything I've seen your name on is "it's completely valid".....but this one I do agree on. To think that a person can just attack, attack and attack and NOT die on the person they are attacking is a completely invalid expectation. You deal damage, and take damage at the same time. It is the players responsibility to monitor their own health and make the appropriate call on whether or not to attack the particular target. If you die attacking, that is your own fault..... not a game issue.

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

I dont believe that he's talking about the "death" involved. I think he speaks of the passing of the kill reward.

I sort of like it myself.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think Eraser is right about the OP talking about the kill reward being passed along to the player they committed suicide on. This is a tough one for me as Ive always been an advocate for players having as much control over their own game as possible. But the other side of the proverbial coin just screams the promotion of alt use.

Personally I think it would be best if we could kill ourselves on another player, but the kill reward went to nobody. that way a player gets to potentially choose their outcome while not giving the cheats an incentive to use alts. Why not? Kano has put limits on bosses in order to curb farming, Limits on the amount of attacks to curb bot use, just to name a couple of the countless limitation. Heres one that actually makes sense

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Dying on a player is strategy.

It's one of many strategies that needs to be left alone

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Dying on a player and not giving them the kill reward could also be strategic, it would just be slightly diff and wouldnt promote alt use

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then why not just get rid of giving health rewards in general then.

Typical typical..a legit strategy that's been well known from the beginning and now all of a sudden it gets brought up much later.

Change this now and arena is gonna die off more than it already is.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If you die on someone then your health reward goes to them. If I attack someone out of BA and die then I still lose xp, and they still gain a fight kill. If a friend of mine wants to give me his kill reward why shouldn't he be allowed to?

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Seems we agree here.