Keep the activity going

Discussion in 'Accepted Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Apr 8, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Many people are quitting/have quit/are thinking of quitting because of a lack in activity. I think that every day a certain number of inactive slayers should get randomly listed throughout the day. No set times, just out of nowhere, a random hitlist on an inactive slayer. Kano defines inactive as someone who hasn't signed on for two weeks straight. I don't think that anybody who goes that long without signing in is going to notice, or even really care if they get listed. It could possibly be an incentive to keep slayers active(or at least signing in every day). With more hitlists going up throughout the day people will have something to do, and will be less bored.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Interesting idea GoB. It could be tied into the story as well in that inactivity has made you lose standing with your fellow Slayers and must face public scrutiny or something by means of being hitlisted. It would take some consideration to not negatively impact players who might return and find their XP decimated but I think something could be worked out.

Now full disclaimer that my initial enthusiasm towards this idea does not mean that it has been accepted or there is a timeline on this but I think it is something that we can certainly discuss as a group here at Kano. Stay tuned ;)

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Thanks for the swift reply, I don't usually get them. Nice to know that you support this and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Any more feedback on this?

5. I took a 4 month break and if I had come back and this had been implemented, I may not have come back at all.

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Because you died a few times? You probably died anyway. A long time ago I quit playing for about half a year and when someone convinced me to come back I was at max negative. You're going to be attacked on the fight list and probably PKed for the fun of it whether or not you're playing. Hell, I've listed people I knew were inactive just to spend cash sometimes when I didn't know what to do with it, or just trying to put something out for a friend to catch while bored. Just because you're not playing doesn't mean you're safe from death. This is something that helps the active slayers, and the inactives probably wouldn't even notice when they come back because they would've been max negative anyway. You also need to think about the number of inactives and just how small the percentage of them that will even log back in is. They should be thinking about the people playing, not that people that gave up on the game.

7. Many people are talking about quitting or quit?? Its always the same people that continue to complain when they dont get their way.

The same people more less still play, people threaten to quit all the time and come back. Very few have quit and stayed quit.

People in this game get bored so they decide to cheat and make another character because their "STATS" aren't good enough.

Kano does a wonderful job and trying to provide a game for everyone, But its always the same exact people that want to make the game "TO BENEFIT THEM"

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

What do you suggest to make the game better johnny? You rain on the parade of ideas to stimulate activity when we need it. Until you can come up with a single idea to actually make the game better or have some sort of constructive criticism, you should really stop and think before you post.

9. So what

So what Member

Seriously if i see one more time

You lost 50 % of your exp. because your sqd mate is inactive

Really let me call this random person who plays the same game as me and ask em Why arent you playing??????

List em all

10 stars. If I'm inactive i really don't care if i imaginarily died

10. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

I like the idea, however, as quick as they appear, the quicker they are gone.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

FYI this was released about a week ago or so.

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I haven't seen it much, does it happen on kong? and if so does it happen later at night?

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This feature is only on Facebook and Kano Play at the moment. When the time is right, we'll bring it to Kongregate. :)

14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You should tell the devs that the best time is right now. We have significantly less players, and some of the few that we have are playing less and leaving due to inactivity. Kong needs this change more than facebook or kanoplay. The entire idea behind this was to help in times of a dead game with little inactivity. How is it better for facebook and not the best time for kong? I seriously want to know their logic behind this. This feature going to kong would promote activity and longer playing time and decrease people from leaving the game.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Because our games have been on Kongregate for a shorter amount of time than the other networks, there's some tweaking the developers need to do to the existing parameters for auto-hitlisting. This feature should be out on Kongregate before too long, but I'll put a word in the developers' ears today about it.