Kanoplay Server 3

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Survival Streak 0, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Although Kong and AG share an enviroment there is a big divide between the players, it mainly boils down to is almost 0 communication abilities (inbox and faction feed excluded).

So my proposal here is Kanoplay server 3!
    somewhere both kong and AG can play and utilize the new chat function together.

It shouldn't be to hard to rig either, just have a button/link in the settings dialogue with "export to kanoplay" when you click this..it e-mails you the a random password to sign into kanoplay, or if you've already got an existing kanoplay account it just allows you to click on server 3.

So what do you think?

All comments, criticism and improvements to the idea are welcome :p ....Go!

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No criticisms necessarily but I don't think that Kongregate and Armor would appreciate us sending players away from their platforms.

3. Survival Streak 0

m'kay, how about a kano chat for kong that allows users from both networks to communicate then? I know kong has it's own chat..but it doesn't even compare to that chat you guys have developed, kano chat would work great with kongs cinematic mode.

PS... When I play on kong, it isn't always from the kongregate website ;-)

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

or you guys could make a server 3 and make it optional to play there like it is with the facebook one. so if they dont want to leave there platform then they dont have to but if they want to then they can. is that possible to do?

5. Survival Streak 0

that was my idea, people would've still had to sign up on kong/AG in order to 'export' their character to kp server 3...it is possible, but im guessing it wont be happening

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I like survivals idea. Just a united chat. Put up a little button near the top where it says (Settings Invite Friends Leaderboard Forum News Help) and kong could have a little popout chat that we could rig to stay above the game window so we can keep an eye on it and chat, but still be able to place it wherever convenient.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You know to be honest I'm not entirely sure about the feasibility of a united Kong/Armor chat, although I do agree it would be extremely beneficial. I'll look into it for you guys.

8. Survival Streak 0

I'm pretty sure it's feasible, kp server 1 and facebook are two portals to the same environment.

9. But for that you need to have a facebook account.

Armor and Kong are different networks.While yes they share the same enviorment, it's two very different networks. Kps1 requires you to have a facebook account. It will be interesting to see the answer on this one.

10. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

then if you want acess to the new portal if made you would just use your email to log in and have a selecter so you can select what website you are from.

11. Survival Streak 0

This is all true...but the linkage between them both all revolve around the user ID, if i were to post this link
    Code:
     http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer/profile/user/100000928565357 
    into chat people on kanoplay see it as it is where as people on facebook would see it as
    Code:
     http://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/profile/user/100000928565357 
    so the link conversion is built into the chat software. So I don't see why it wouldn't apply for kong/armor as the link to an account on armor would look like
    Code:
     http://armorgames.com/zombie-slayer-game/14869/?ar_kac=profile&ar_kam=user&ar_kap1=100000000027760&ar_language=en 
    the link to the same account on kong would be
    Code:
     http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/zombie-slayer/?kv_kac=profile&kv_kam=user&kv_kap1=100000000027760&kv_language=en 
    the "kap1=" remains the same as that's the user ID.

before any goes nuts...these links are to my own accounts lol

Edit: I'd just like to note that the server 3 idea is sort of a dead cause too many variables to iron out..like what about people with an account on both, to which my initial thought was "a wee drop down menu to choose between them" but as you aren't allowed to be signed into both your kong and armor at the same time...this would be too sketchy

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  12. Survival Streak 0

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So I guess we can move this Implemented Ideas subforum? ;)