[KanoPlay] KanoPlay Server 2, Cookies Crumble

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Kel the Merciful King, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Have been asked near every time to log in with email and password in the past week since you added the Google login option. Is it possible to set a cookie (authentication marker) here in some way to make the login more sticky? If so, please and ty.

Second, I notice if I right click to open a link in a new tab, off Kanoplay Server 2, I get to the homepage of Kanoplay Server 1. Server 1 to Server 1 is fine. If you dare fix this, it will impress some folks to what FB'rs have had for a very long time.

Back to gifting :D

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will look into it.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Server links will go out today, was an oversight on our part in the rush to set-up the site, I just quickly added a patch that will go out in next code push today.

The cookie will be looked at by another developer today.

4. Kel the Merciful King

So far, no good.

The right click to open a new tab off a kanoplay server 2 link in the social feed, still opens to the kanoplay server 1 homepage. It does not prompt for a password or login there. FB Connect is working fine with cookie set. :(

I note the URL's hovering show all of them as www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan/. Clicking through I get to the kanoplay server 2 boss. But selecting the boss URL, right click, open to a new tab, I get the login screen for kanoplay server 2. Close to the right thing at least for a direct link but the login should not be presenting. I am already logged in and the persistence and or cookie should grab my login credentials. Its not.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

My bad, I was in the middle of pushing this fix to all games when I was called to a meeting. Just pushed to VC now, links should be left clickable, hopefully I didn't break anything.

For the login issue, it appears that when logging into FB it kills the cookie for server 2. We will be rolling out an update for this when we overhaul Kano Play but this will take a little more time but hope to start on it soon.

6. Kel the Merciful King

It worked! At least so far so good ... right click out of the social feed a boss link, open in new tab, tab pops open and BAM BAM ! Wonder if the folks will like this :))))) TY

Note: am logged into FB while executing this. The login was not requested off the bookmark either ... so not logged in and it took. Good news there too.

TYVM!

7. Kel the Merciful King

Now this is getting weird.

I am on FB and get a kanoplay link that in ye olden days would open up the kanoplay server 1. Now it opens up kanoplay server 2 the boss link, player link, any!

Its not asking me for my password, but since I prefer kanoplay servers to the FB servers, I can't get in to the right one from FB servers.

Example: I do not get a prompt to join with FB off this link: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1&t_1=website&t_2=connect ... it only shows me that I should use FB login ... clicking that login, iterates the web page.

kanoplay server1.JPG

< Shrug >

8. Kel the Merciful King

9. Kel the Merciful King

Solving my own bugs ... I have to log out of Server 2 to get the links clearly labeled Server 1 to work. Got a hunch as to why this. Now I fixed it myself. Log out, that is why its there! (I don't think its on Server 1 but will be finding out finally shortly!). TY

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Kel, Kano Play looks to me like it's working properly; it logs me out of each server automatically before I can join the other one. Maybe someone preformed mystery maintenance and didn't tell anyone?

11. Kel the Merciful King

Wish that were my case as that would make me more than happy. I am using a Chromium based browser mostly. Mozilla gave me luck on the logout manually. What browser is behaving the way you describe? PS Can I bounty you? :D

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm using Google Chrome version 28.0.1500.95 m and that seems to be working for me.

I suppose you can bounty me...if you can find me! ;)

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If you're on server 2 and right click and try opening the frame in a new tab you get server 1.

14. Kel the Merciful King

If you are over level 300, heal! :cool: cuz you're dead!

Meantime, the virtual servers are sluggish 2 days in a row. That is separate issue. Lot of refreshing/lag in reactions to inputs.

15. Kel the Merciful King

Still no resolution. I changed my Kanoplay 2 email account to the Kanoplay 1 email account hoping to reduce the problem. Still get nowhere I want. HELP!!!! HELP!!!!!

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry Kel, not really sure why Kano Play isn't working for you. I'm assuming you've done all the usual stuff like clear your cache, make sure your browsers are up to date, all of that good stuff?

17. Kel the Merciful King

Yes. Its quite frustrating that the login screen for kanoplay server 1 does not actually prompt for say the Facebook login. Third party cookies are set correctly in the browser. Persistence yes ... :( Now I get prompted to when I go to Kanoplay server 2, using say Google, and well, I go back to level 2 ... there :( Bad technology day or I am too hard on your software. I like many players, prefer the kanoplay background but need the FB chat, so the desire is to have one window FB and the other window Kanoplay server 1. This all worked before so I don't know what is going on. And I do have a pretty good techie background. If you all can't suggest anything, I will blame in on Windows 8 and Microsoft if you don't mind. Could never be me! :)