Kano Play Beta (MySpace Server) Live'ish

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Jun 13, 2013.

1. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Something major changed on Myspace. There might be a chance the games will be returned. They are getting hammered big time.

As others will know, I am PouncersPublishing on the MySpace feedback site. hopefully we get all of our basics back.

2. starwolf1001

starwolf1001 New Member

the only problem I had was I had to really search on how to get back into the game

......ok.....the game is really fast now, liking it

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Glad you're enjoying Kano Play Myspace! There are a lot of benefits to not having to go through the old Myspace and its outdated servers.

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Hi team! Realised new platform is much faster and easier, u should have migrated b4 lol

Greets :)

5. Kelley Svalla

Kelley Svalla New Member

still can't log into new site,, doesn't recognize my email or password. level 4126 I think and can't even play anymore, shame

6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i found another problem. i was looking at the leaderboards to see how many times i am on there and i noticed that there are duplicates of people or it might be the names are showing in place of somebody else not sure. and i cant post it cus then i would be posting peoples names here and then they could complain so i could send it to you in a private message if you want.(this is only happening on the world leaderboards as far as i know.)

EDIT: also i have another one- when you click the center buton on your mouse to make 4 arrows apear so you can scroll down/up/left/right, well it wont apear it only shows up for a split second then disapears not alowing you yo sroll down the page with it not a bug problem but nice to have the option to scroll down to do some things in the game faster

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I thought myspace got moved over as was? I see that my "polishpimpn retired" account didnt make it over. In the big scheme of things its no biggie....but it was nice to see all my hard work from the first time around still on the leader boards.

8. Lost interest

I have spent many days since the MySpace announcement wondering what to do with my VC account here. For quite some time now I have dwindled on whether to stay or leave. I started playing the game I have come to love over on Facebook....to get away from the never ending bickering and egotistical players that remain here -enjoying it too. I think Polishes previous comments about his "retired" status not coming over proves a point - Yawn! - I only hope that Kano will seriously think about the length of time an account has been open here and give those that want the option to transfer their account over to facebook. I appreciate all that Kano have done and are doing to try to make the game work on this new system - but its lost its appeal for me.

9. polishpimp

Let me see if I got this right. You want your account transferred over to FB because of all the time and hard work you put into it right? Yet your trashing me because I dont want to see all my time and hard work be wasted? Hmmmm....interesting to say the least!

Personally.....I dont think it would be fair to any platform to have players from another transferred, not only does it diminish the accomplishments of players on the existing platform but it has already been proven via the Hi5 fiasco that merging players from diff game environments simply doesnt work out well. As similar as the games are in the technical aspect they are worlds apart in the environment dept.

As unfortunate as both the Hi5 and MS events were/are.....we are very fortunate that Kano did what they did and we still have a chance to play our old accounts if we so wish. Is the situation optimal.....not by any sense of the word, but screwing over those on an existing platform doesnt make sense and wanting to do so is completely selfish. If a player wants to play on FB then they should have to start anew. If someone doesnt like the MS environment then simply dont play. Crap happens....be greatful u have the options ya do!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  10. Anchorage Daniel

Anchorage Daniel New Member

seem to been froze out of my account please look into it

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Daniel you are going to have to send a ticket to support.kanoapps.com

If by "froze" you mean you can login but your account has been frozen there is likely a reason for this. You are still very welcome to submit this to support but it could take a little bit for a response as we are prioritizing getting stranded MySpace players back into the game.

So if you are a stranded MySpace player who can't login then definitely submit this to support and you will be dealt with as quick as we can.

12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Is the site ready for new players yet? I don't see how but I thought I'd ask. Wouldn't mind spreading the word and getting us some new folks ;)

13. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

this sucks. the first time we have failed to kill a world boss:( and we are so close to killing it but i dont think it is going to happen since we only have an hour 40 min left and 400mil health.

so does the boss repeat the number over as it would for a regular coop boss or does it advance to the next level? since it isnt a regular boss what happens

15. starwolf1001

starwolf1001 New Member

Would it be possible for you guys to do a mass email telling everyone where to go to get into our games.

it seems quite a few of my friends from myspace did not know that the change over had come about and since it is next to impossible to contact any of your friends on myspace it would be very helpful

16. polishpimp

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We had to do some major re-structuring last week, after our fast "hack", so there was a lot of behind the scenes additions / changes. We are doing some final reach out campaigns to get more existing MS accounts active.

We should have an account creation added this week, that's the plan anyways.

18. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

ok kano , your doing great . the graphics are so much better and the frozen pages have stopped . so glad to be off myspace but ...

it's time to start thinking ahead .

1- get a pre-home page running with ads so you can make a couple of bucks .

2- we need a facebook style IM . it's great being able to chat with players while your playing ( without having to change pages )

once you do that you can start promoting kanoplay as a social game network , start drawing new players . you see how zygna is dying ? they suck . you guys have been great . time to grow .

19. When did the login form fields get changed on the MySpace login page(s)? The last time I logged in on my home system was last Tuesday & Firefox automatically filled in my login information. Upon getting home today & bringing up the site, Firefox is no longer filling in the form on the login page. Was this intentional or is it something that needs attention?

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FF is not KANO