Just a suggestion RE ARENA

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by So what, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So what

So what Member

last arena ,,,CONGRATS TO ALL WHO TOOK PART

suggestion 1

FAR to many non players are riding it out threw no activity
    which is unbalanced as theres pleanty taken out to early ACTIVE PLAYERS

can you please address this as to date theres no movement on non active players losing health benifit

I understand ppl cant get in to play ...but after 6 hours of play .....THERE ARE PEOPLE willing to play and should be afforded enough time to kill of the non actives......befor been run out of the game ..themselfs

suggestion 2

it really only applies to the top ten players
    ( and no ...i dont make it there all the time )

at the top ten or even top 5

disable the def mode ......there is no real justification for it as the players are active and prolonging the outcome
    some have no chance of winning ...despite their huge ACHIVEMENT of getting to the top 5 - 10

as i said
    WELL DONE .....losses need to be looked at ....some are halerious .......NOT

good luck to all and see u next time
    :cool:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

3. slave

slave Member

I agree, when you hit the final 14 or the final payoff tier, and the only thing you can do is to improve your position to one of the top 3. Defense mode does absolutely nothing but add hours of sitting and waiting for each individual person to come out of defense mode so that you can kill them off. They are kidding themselves if they think they are moving up, the reward structure is the same for 4th or 14th, it matters not.

I also vote for disabling the defensive stance once the final payoff tier has been reached.
    I know how much fun it is sitting there and waiting for people to run off thier 2.5 hours in defensive only to recieve the exact same place and reward they would have got if they hadnt been in defensive.

4. slave

slave Member

one other question, when will the xp start to increase?
    through ten arenas, and 600 levels gained, the xp payouts are exactly the same ten arenas later.
    Wouldnt xp gained start to increase at some point?beginning rounds im getting on average 220, that is the same average i got in the first arena, and the second, and the third etc etc etc
    is xp not based somewhat loosely on level? if not what is it based on or is there a max and we are at it and it will be the same forever?

5. Since you amongst others have been crowing about the amount of xp gained in the arena, I see no reason to increase it.

6. slave

slave Member

its not that ive been crowing, ive been trying to convince people its worth playing because there is xp available especially when it comes to fighting.

However the xp has been stagnant and has not increased, i would think it would be tied to level or something but apparently its not, if they expect arena to stick around, they might want to think about increasing the xp or for sure by next year at this time it will not be worth playing....

then again,...maybe thats thier plan....

kano as usual is mum on the subject

7. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

I'd like to know how anyone can get over 50k attacks in the arena let alone 150k attacks without some kind of assistance, in my my first few hours of attacking nonstop I got 10k so seeing those figures is crazy. Maybe you should cap the attacks to 50k over the arena then maybe it would last longer.

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

thats just crap. if u cap it, it would never end,and i havent yet busted 50k attacks n arena yet but i have done 30k plus a time or 2 i must say it happened quickly and was easy to accomplished with uns..so stop with the crying.. no offesnce..

9. You know Anthony its really easy, When you have 3 or 4 factions of Alts and you can attack all of them and kill them and dominate the Arena every single time it comes out, Boost up your health, Make some Ridiculous gh3y names, and think your cool.

C'mon bro, get with the program. :)

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

I just noticed, my last post in this thread was deleted :s

11. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I've noticed posts going missing a lot recently...either that or a mod edits out pictures ect there must be new TOU that we're not seeing lol

12. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I deleted your post because Kano don't allow the names of players or factions to be posted on the forum.

13. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I also am seeing this. I just searched a few player profiles from the last Arena (not the ongoing one right now) and seen one that has 157k attacks. Now, I personally sat at my laptop during that same Arena for 10 hours, (no, my wife was not a happy camper that night) nonstop clicking on the attack button and I only ended up with 45k attacks. I ended up inside the top 50, so it's not like I was out early and this player ended up with 3x the amount of attacks as me? Although I am relatively new at this particular game, I am no noob at online activities and there are always a few aspects of each game that you can key on that really make you say WTF?

The new throttling aspect did not effect me, although the game (or maybe my browser??) only registered 1 of every maybe 3 clicks I made to deal damage. How are people doing 4,5,6 attacks in 1 second if it takes a small fraction of a second to 'reload' after each attack?

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

People with high attacks are the ones doing all the damage to others, those with really low attacks are your snipers. Capping Arena attacks is a joke. The whole point is to knock everyone out til it's last man standing.

15. slave

slave Member

bravo bravo, you played a whole ten hours......

if you were really and truly intent on competing in the arena, try 20 hours, or 30 hours, or maybe even 36
    im sure you made it to the end too, where it is incredibly easy to take turns on each other with one in defensive and the other attacking to take turns leveling up long after the arena is decided. Editors note.....i usually get more attacks in this phase of the game than the rest of the arena combined.

so im sure your must be right about someone doing something that you cant do....
    but try playing the whole arena next time, i have not known an arena to be short of the 20 hour mark yet and if you think people dont play it straight through, bingo your wrong again....

show him what hes won jim.....

16. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

This statement I will disagree with.....only as it pertains to my experience so far. Allow me to explain, then I will offer a unique suggestion that I'm sure many will not like, but it may actually do something to actually level out Arena a bit more.

First, I am level 1100ish player who enjoys the Arena for the exp gained from it, and not overly concerned with my final ranking. This being said though, I am one of the guys who takes people's health down from the full 225mil+ .....simply for the exp gained from it. Now, since I only deal roughly 150,000 damage each attack, it takes me forever to bring it down.....then, when i finally do get it down, these snipers come in and steal my kill..... I only deal 150k damage, so the odds of me getting that final Death Blow is really low. This is entirely upsetting to sit there for 10-15 minutes doing all the work, just to have someone swoop in and steal it. Not only is it demoralizing, it's just plain not cool. If I was the type of guy who wanted to rank higher and actually attempt to get the UN credits or hella high exp payout reward, I would have a very small chance to actually do so, because I can't gain enough health to compete at the end with these snipers.

Suggestion: Make a sort of 'minimum attacks limit' for players to attack one another starting at like 30mil health.

Example: I start attacking a player at 225 million health. I put 400+ attacks into him to get him down to 30 million health. The only players allowed to actually compete for this kill would be those players who attacked this player "XX" amount of times before the 30 million health barrier. I don't know what number would be effective for the "XX" amount, but it should be sufficient enough as to make it almost a waste of time to not pursue the Death Blow, or limit the amount of people the 'snipers' can circulate through at any given moment.

So, maybe something like 50-75 attacks?? This way those who want to snipe, have a much smaller list to prowl to steal the kill (without actually eliminating that ability altogether) as it is a technique.....but it also gives the level 660 guys a better opportunity to gain that valuable extra health needed to make it into a better position.

This function would force people to actually attack players, limit or reduce the amount of 'snipers' ability to go farther into the rewards bonus than those who actually do 75% of the playing time, help other players identify the 'non-active' players and just flat out reduce the amount of frustration players face within the Arena.

17. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Slave, I am not insulting anyone.... Just an observation about number of attacks. But if you wanted me to use stats based on your final attack total, by all means.....allow me.

You ended the arena with 72,065 attacks....after what..36+ hours of gameplay? That's great, considering in your "editors note" you made it clear that towards the end you get more attacks there than in the rest of the time....

I ended with 45,266 attacks after 10 hours, and no.....it wasn't because of lack of effort, I just got killed. I would love to be involved for the 20, 30, 36+ hours of the thing.....as it suits my goal for massive EXP gain. I know people play straight through, I do the same myself (when able and alive in game)

So, if you placed higher than me (and higher than the individual mentioned with 157k) and you only had half of the final attack numbers as he did, and the majority of your attacks came from the end..... tell me how that math equals out? And tell me how someone makes it to be ranked #7 with only 7,000 attacks in the entire arena....36+ hours and he gets 7k attacks?

I offered an opinion just before seeing this post Slave.... but it's because #7 can get away with 7k attacks after 30+ hours of play time, and I have 45k after just 10 hours that it seems just a bit off to me. I am not saying i should have, or am entitled to place higher....I simply don't understand how that math works out to that final outcome. Help with understanding would be nice, rather than some sarcastic comeback insulting my ignorance. Thanks ahead of time.

18. Ah Blasphamy. dont worry about it. Someone has been really grumpy all day long, and a bunch of his members been posting things all day and night upset about how their world just came crashing down. But hey!!! Its a new day tommorow and everyone will smile, the birds will sing, the sun will come up, and you can breathe some fresh air :)

19. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I tend not to get offended by too many things. He's been playing this thing much, much longer than I have and from what I can tell is quite the opinionated person in regards to how it should be operating. It comes with time spent behind the keyboard and I know the feeling, coming from other online games. I'm sure that I haven't brought up anything new, besides maybe a way to allow for a greater spread of wealth inside the Arena.....but it is what it is and I will be just fine if that sunrise tomorrow brings a beer with it and some college football wouldn't be bad either. lol

20. alka

alka Banned

So that's why I can never win the Arena. There was me thinking these apps were meant as a pass time and all along you sneaky b*******s are playing it full time!!!!!

Well sod family life. Sod feeding the kids, sleeping, reading with the kids, shopping, taking kids to the park, doing their spelling tests, helping with their homework, swimming, soft play and watching telly with them..........................

I'm gonna neglect my family for a day or 2 so I can show the World I can click a mouse button.

P.s I used to help a group a less fortunate guys who could only communicate by tapping their finger. I bet they could give some of you a run for yer money :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.