[PC] January 2015 Community Item Creation Contest (aka GearJam!)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We had tons of fun with the item concept contest back in September, so this month we’re doing another one!

Submit your your neat ideas for equippable game items in this thread, using the format provided. We’ll select a shortlist of fun and exciting concepts, then the community (you) will vote on your favorites!

The most popular concept will be released into the game as a powerful new item! The player with the winning submission will have the final result awarded to their inventory, as well as a bonus package of 50 Favor Points!

SUBMISSIONS

To submit your concept to the GearJam, please follow the format below:

NAME: What your item is called. Please keep this under 25 characters
    TYPE: (Weapon, Matey or Ship)
    DESCRIPTION: This is “look and feel” information that tells the artist what you have in mind. Try to include some visual information such as details about shapes, colors, textures, etc. If you wish you can also include conceptual information to help add flavor. This is can be pretty much anything from an evil curse to a wonderful smell to a tendency to make the wielder crave baked goods. Please try to keep it short!
    REFERENCE IMAGE(optional): If you wish, you can also include a drawing or reference image to help explain what you have in mind.

EXAMPLE

Name: Cinnablugeon
    Type: Weapon
    Description: This delicious-looking scepter consists of a plump round cinnamon bun fixed firmly atop a staff of twisted sweet bread. A sugar crystals sparkle alluringly in each dark, cinnamon-steeped groove.
    Reference image: http://krausnickitchen.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/img_4711.jpg

GUIDELINES

We welcome your most wild and imaginative GearJam submissions are welcome, but please try to keep your entries within these guidelines:
    • Try to stay within the theme of the game
    • Keep it Safe For Work! No obscene items or images, please!
    • Don’t spam the thread! Multiple entries are fine, but take your time developing your ideas and space out your submissions.
    The deadline for submissions is Jan 22nd, 2015, so be sure to get yours in before then. Submissions can be put in this thread.

GearJam finalists will be announced the following week. The winner will be decided by community vote, so remember to check back in the final week of January and pick your favorite!

Krimson King likes this.
  2. John Scott

John Scott New Member

Random idea would be a mix of buyable mateys, items or ships with the resulting image being a mix of the items. Thename would, of course be something along the lines of mashup, hybrid, salvage, or something similar.

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Name: Cthulhu wing ship
    Type: ship
    Description: cut from Cthulhu during battle, the sails of this ship are still alive and steer the ship clear of danger. aside fromthe occasional man thrown over board, these sails are well worth the the cost of a few scallywags now and then. 650 def/ 50 att
    Reference image: standard galleon with a large piece of what appears a batwing standing above like a sharkfin, at night it has a faint red glow

Mike Cooper likes this.
  4. Krimson King

Krimson King Active Member

Weapon: Tribal Skull & Hatchets

484563_10200866092552831_448703733_n.jpg

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Krimson King

Warrior & Weapons:

The Last Rider
    The Skull Boat
    The Lanterns Lightstaff

1002587_10201478193934983_1392080536_n.jpg

Kirsten and cosmicpunk like this.
  6. Krimson King

Warrior & Weapons:

The Jungle People
    The Poison Ivy Spear
    The Bark Barricade

10154188_613919362035110_7656643007830739854_n.jpg

7. Krimson King

The Chain Crafter
    The Chains
    The Chain Crafter Uniforms

forging_the_chain_by_capprotti-d386nwr.jpg

8. Krimson King

Warrior & Weapons:

The Forbidden Pirate
    The Weathered Blade & Cloths
    The Forbidden Shipwreck

sightless_ghoul_by_velinov-d4nmyod.jpg

9. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

I never wanted to do this but in the last events i thought i try it.
    Pirate world lost lately a very good pirate , he might be gone but i hope he will never got forgoten , in his loving memory i would like to enter this :
    Name : Bob Chilling Ship
    Type : Ship
    Description : I would like to be a simple old Ship , looking like a one you want just to spend time and chill out . He has been like a father to many of us and a very kind person , with the ship i would like a white rose a simbol for what he was for all of us.
    Sail safe Bob !
    ship3.jpg

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

name: black heart
    type: weapon
    upload_2015-1-8_8-36-3.jpeg

Krimson King likes this.
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

name: stiletto lass
    type: matey
    [​IMG]

cosmicpunk likes this.
  12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

name: maynard's revenge
    type: ship
    [​IMG]

cosmicpunk likes this.
  13. cosmicpunk

cosmicpunk New Member

Name - The Scimitar Wielding Maniac
    Type - Captain
    Desrciption - John 'Calico Jack' Rackham - The Fearless English Pirate Captain who ran amok on the high seas in the 1600/1700's feared by many due to his unruly ways with his trusty Wielding Scimitar.
    [​IMG]

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Krimson King

warriors & Weapons & ships

The Hidden Hitmen
    The Silent Ship
    The Stolen Gems

pirate_cove_by_stayinwonderland-d87i10m.jpg

15. I was trying to think of something for Bob as well, and this is perfect :) Got my vote for sure!!

George Burd likes this.
  16. Mychael Wellmann

Mychael Wellmann New Member

Name: Sinbad the Sailor
    Type: Matey
    Description: Sinbad is a tanned dark eyed commanding Captain. He wears gold necklaces and rings which he has plundered from the mythical monsters he has encountered. He wears clothing which is native to Sailors of the East. He instills uncommon courage when around him. His scimitar is rumored to be magical.
    [​IMG]

17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

nice to see all the submissions so far, and ill be thinking up another story lol might take some time but ill do it hard part is finding the right picture though has to be close to what i imagine lol, will post when i put the entire story together :)

and keep up all the submissions everybody they are fun to look at and read

18. Bloody John Flint

Bloody John Flint New Member

Name: Amputation Blunderbuss

Type: Weapon

Description: The Amputation Blunderbuss has a curved blade under the barrel. The blade is the length of the barrel and starts at the trigger guard. The stock is white, made of bone, and heavily stained with blood.
    Knives used for amputations during the 18th century were typically curved, because surgeons tended to make a circular cut through the skin and muscle before the bone was cut with a saw.

Name: Psychotic Surgeon

Type: Matey

Description: The Psychotic Surgeon stands in a pose similar to the Debonair. He wears a simple red shirt and bandana, with black pants and boots, and he holds the Amputation Blunderbuss in his left hand and a severed tibia bone in his right hand.

Name: Bone Collector

Type: Ship

Description: The Bone Collector is an early 18th century brig with two masts. A human figure missing both lower legs and both hands is carved in to the front of the ship, and the skeletal remains of hundreds of severed hands and lower legs of fallen enemies hang over the edges of the ship. The ship is positioned in the picture similar to the Tempest to show off the figurehead and hanging bones. The sails are white and heavily stained with blood.

The background of all three items should be a dark and foggy night with the images of skeleton hands reaching out of the fog.

19. turtleFirst

turtleFirst New Member

matey

Henry Every 1653-1696
    Richest pirate ever. was the source of the first ever world wide manhunt and was never caught. Probably died in england poor.

Jacquotte Delahaye -- Back from the dead red -- haitian mother and french father and was female very cool what little is know about her.

ship

Queen Anne's Revenge -- Blackbeard's ship (american badass, you know its true)
    English pirate Edward Teach, more commonly known as Blackbeard, captured the Concorde, a French-owned slave ship, in the West Indies in 1717 and made the vessel his flagship. Slave ships, which often featured a central partition to protect the crew against a slave uprising, made good pirate ships because they were built for speed. Blackbeard added 26 guns to the vessel, which already boasted 14, making the renamed Queen Anne's Revenge one of the most powerful ships in American waters.

or

Fancy
    boasted nearly 50 guns and a crew of 150

or

css alabama
    very destructive reputation built in 1862. designed for speed and deception. was 220 ft long 32 feet wide and the forward pivot gun fired 100 pound shells. was known to average the destruction of one union ship every three days.

weapon (my fav all time)
    Double Barrel gun. better yet dont know if they ever made one but a double barrel blunderbuss would be awesome.

20. Krimson King

Warriors, Weapons & Ships

The Witch Hunter (Matey)
    The Hunter Ship (Ship)
    The Burning Stake (Weapon)

warhammer_fantasy_1_by_faroldjo-d318zl2.jpg

cosmicpunk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.