Item Set Bonuses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jon Thomas, Sep 18, 2014.

?

How do you feel about the Bonuses for wearing a 3 piece Set of gear?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2014.
  1. Yes! - It would be nice to have themed set armor with a bonus incentive!

100.0%
  2. No! - i'm backwoods and don't want anything to change ever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Your always putting up a set of items (1 wep, 1 gear, 1 vehicle) that have a theme...

like the limited qty/time sets today are sandstorm & executioner themed.

I thought it would be a awesome idea (and cool looking) if you provided a set bonus if you bought all 3 items for your main character to wear.

I.e. If i bought all 3 of the Sandstorm items today the SMG, Armor, and Tracker then when my Main Character is wearing them (and only when he is wearing them) I get a passive 5% to my Defense.

*NOTE*
    To make the game balanced, THIS WOULD ONLY PROVIDE A BONUS WHEN WORE BY YOUR MAIN CHARACTER!

Suggested Bonuses
    5% attack
    5% defense
    2.5% to attack and defense.
    5% more income from Outbreaks
    5% reduction in Energy Cost for Outbreaks
    ect...

Pro's to this include:
    The effects from teh set are not much different then Contracts so its' not going to imbalance the game.
    Kano has more incentive to sell items and make money so this game can continue to grow
    Players can enjoy their players wearing a nice set of armor that makes sense. (a set of desert storm armor makes more sense then a guy on a bloody ski doo, wearing a clown wig with a m16 and a Confetti grenade), but if someone wanted to keep his crazy getup they sure can!
    It allows players to get involved in more strategy as far as what suits to wear. You could have a attacking suit (Atk bonus), Outbreak Suit (outbreak bonus), a off line suit (defense), ect...

2. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

1 more thing that I might suggest and it might be over board... Is that you could at times publish a Rare Set that is themed to a certain Profile Character...

Example:
    Sous Chef Set:
    Sautee Knife: Weapon
    Toque: (hat) Gear
    Chef's Ride: Vehicle
    Item Set: 5% bonus to Attack
    Requirements: Butcher or Chef Character Equipped
    Character Set: Additional 2.5% off of outbreak cost

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014