Item/Property Upgrade

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Conor Murphy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

I was browsing around ZS in the Property section and the Inventory section (the one where you buy stuff, not the one on your profile) and I found that these items could be upgraded. See below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then I thought, "If they have that feature in Zombie Slayer, then why not have it in the other games?".

An example in Viking Clan would look like:

[​IMG]
    I know I'm not the best at editing.

And in the Inventory bit (where you purchase stuff):

[​IMG]

I think you get the idea.

The item/property, when levelled up would increase the attack/defense or income, depending on the level of the item, the starting att/def of the item and the starting income (and location) of the property. The cost required would try and suitably match that.

Something else would be required, and I would suggest it, if I could think of something. An upgrade time could be applied, (15 mins, 30 mins, etc.)

I think this would benefit players of all levels as they would be able to increase their income.

Opinions, anyone?

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

sounds like a good idea, 10 from me

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The other three games are set up different, crating,ability to buy as much property as you want if ya have the coin,etc

4. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

I meant, like upgrading items by themselves, not throwing a combination together in the Blacksmith (or whatever they are called in the other games).

Let's say you have a house with an income of a coins. That would be Level 1.
    You then add a conservatory. The house would be Level 2, and the income would be a + 20% or something like that. a + 20% = b.
    You then refurnish the house. The house would be Level 3, and the income would be b + 20%.
    Assuming that a was 10,000 then b would be 12,000 and c would be 14,400.

See where I'm going with this? Items would have the same thing apply, but it would be att/def, not income.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its a neat idea but I just dont see it as being all that useful. Purchased inventory becomes obsolete so fast already. How much can you reasonably upgrade it? If its not a ton than i think that upgraded inventory items would become obsolete just as quick with all the goods drops available. I wont vote yet, I'll wait to see what others have to say

6. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

The more times an item or property is upgraded, the higher its attack/defense or income is, and the higher the cost to upgrade.

7. I believe that it is a good idea. We should be able to upgrade all items (drops-clan-DaveyJones-calendar-etc), not only the buy able items, since we mostly use drops in fights more than the items we buy.

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Sorry... I agree with Polish and not Strong Salman... I guess I'm fortunate enough where I don't see that this would help me, and if it won't help me, it won't help most of the player base... tips to getting stronger: max out mob/clan size and put time into the games... the money will come without any changes if you play long enough...

9. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

Agreed.

Item Upgrading would make it easier:
    • For smaller players to win battles against larger players within their XP range (depending on the levels of your items against the levels of their items). One example would be a Lvl 10 player with 50 chieftains and a Level 10 player with 2 chieftains. The Lvl 10 with 50 chieftains has 5 Warriors at Lvl 1 (Attack: 2, Defense: 2) whereas the Lvl 10 with 2 chieftains has the same number of Warriors, but at Level... Let's pick a random number out of thin air... 50? Ok. 50. The Lvl 10 with 2 chieftains has 5 Warriors of Lvl 50 (Let's say their stats read: "Attack: 100, Defense: 100") The player with less chieftains would most likely win due to the superior statistics of his warriors.
    • EDIT: Of course, the maximum level of the warriors/weapons/vehicles(?) could be limited to something like 5, 10 or 20 to prevent richer players from abusing it too much and having something like a "Warrior (Lvl 24,329,991) for 200 coins (Attack: 225,000,000 - Defense: 225,000,000)". It should be, the higher the level of an item, the more expensive it is. The initial cost of purchase would not increase as much, so it is affordable for the occasional player with a rather low income for their level.

Property Upgrading would make it easier to:
    • Buy any property items, thus increasing the income of the player and keeping them further away from losing their items due to having an upkeep larger than the income.
    • Be able to purchase or upgrade any items they currently own to a higher level, thus increasing the attack/defense and potentially giving them an advantage against larger players (depending on the levels of your items vs the level of their items).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Here are some explanations of my thoughts.

Why we don't need item upgrades: if you are having difficulty beating in range opponents, the best thing to do is increase your mob/clan size to increase the number of armor/vehicles/weapons that you use in fights/battles. You can also join boss fights to get more powerful items from drops so that you don't have to purchase them (or upgrade them).

Why we don't need property upgrades: just buy more existing properties to increase your income.

11. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

But what if both in-range opponents were at the maximum size for their level, and Opponent A had difficulty defeating Opponent B, yet Opponent A's Att/Def/Health stats were higher than Opponent B's?. Opponent A could buy some more powerful warriors/weapons, but what if he had insufficient FPs (or whatever they're called) to buy these more powerful warriors and weapons?

Yes, he could spend his stamina on boss fights, but what if he didn't have enough stamina to kill the boss? What if the boss drops were not good enough to enable him to successfully defeat Opponent B? Yes, he could go to the Blacksmith (or whatever it's called) and merge them into Elite and Legendary versions. What if that was not enough to help Opponent A win against Opponent B?

He would have to upgrade his items to be able to defeat Opponent B.

What if Opponent A suddenly got attacked by a much higher level player (Yes, it's happened to many, including you and me.) with the same amount of chieftains? Purchasing AND upgrading the available properties would give Opponent A a higher income and a higher bounty. The higher income would allow Opponent A to place a bounty on the higher level player. Alternatively, Opponent A could just bounty anyone who attacks him, regardless of their level, to teach him a lesson.

12. polishpimp

Im in total agreement here. There is already ways to increase ones income and strengths. The arguments that some dont have this or some dont have that or people with less should be able to beat people with more is just silly. We are all working with the exact same thing so its fair as it is .

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Totally agree with Jared and Polish,just work the game as is. Comparing ZS to the other three games is like comparing apples and oranges.

14. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

Apples and oranges both have traces of iron and the taste of both are varied.
    Your move. :D

15. Demonik1

still a good idea, especially for warriors...wouldnt make an improvement in a week but over time, you could end up with some nice inventory...add something else to the game to do when youre bored....they could make it level based also as to not upset the balance of the game so a level 3000 couldnt have a ton of warriors that were 100/100 lol

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

With calendars,wars and arenas,how anyone could anyone be bored anymore,sheeesh

17. slave

slave Member

@linda...easy
    faction fairness is like watching paint dry, calendars >??? really
    arena? why play i get better rewards doing nothing using my 3 hour defensive time

so what is exciting now
    how about
    no squads available in your range check back soon
    or i suppose i could pound on my level 452 clown boss (with the highest achievement being level 10).....

can you hear me now?

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My cross to bear is that I play 4 games, Plus KOT, missed an arena with all the goings on over the weekend, 2 wars,4 calendars, one missed arena, plus regular playing, I need an intervention :p and personally not exciting, very time consuming, I would still play my games without all the bells and whistles.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  19. Demonik1

well not everyone plays that many games, nor has the time to and even if they had the time might not find other games as enjoyable. i play a couple out of boredom but i really only like vc....if there were more to do in vc, i wouldnt play any others

20. polishpimp

Yikes....dont say that or Kano might slow down rolling out new content for VC in favor of enticing u to the other games...lol