[PC] Item Crates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Item Crates have been released to Pirate Clan today which is a new way to acquire items for you and your Clan.

What is an Item Crate?
    Item Crates are a collection of inventory items. With each purchase you are awarded 1 item within the crate, each of which vary in their rareness in terms of your chances of earning them.

There are 4 tiers of rarity:
    • Legendary - 5%
    • Rare - 10%
    • Uncommon - 30%
    • Common - 55%
    Items in the Legendary tier are unique to these crates so you will not be able to find them elsewhere. These Legendary items are also the strongest available for purchase based on combined Att/Def stats.

What is in the Crate itself?
    There are currently 3 different types of Crates; Attack, Defensive and Even Keeled. For the most part the Attack crate will have items weighted heavier on Att, Defensive will have items weighted heavier on Def and the Even Keeled crates have items with nearly equal Att/Def.

To see what is in a crate click on the (?) to bring up these details. Notice that items already awarded are highlighted whereas those that have not been awarded are greyed out a bit from view.

[​IMG]

Where can I purchase Item Crates?
    Item crates can be found in 2 place, on the Home page in the item carousel as well as via Davy Jones. You can purchase 1 crate for 23 Favor Points or 3 at a time for 62 Favor Points.

We look forward to your feedback so please let us know if you have any comments or questions in this thread.

2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Looks awesome but I would, personally, rather spend DJ points on a guaranteed purchase rather than spend DJ on a "chance" and end up with a common item. Those Legendary items look very cool, though.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Well that is the Risk/Reward of it all. You could end up with a pretty good Rare or really good Legendary item for relatively cheap and an even bigger bonus if it is a ship that you can use.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

That is a very beautiful ship, too! Thanks for the constant efforts to improve the game.

5. Kabutee Kinoko

Kabutee Kinoko New Member

question 1
    i'm just wondering does this mean that Items here will be awarded only once? and highlighted items (awarded item) will not be awarded on the next purchase? making the other unawarded items chances higher?

question 2
    Will the Legendary Item also change regularly.. ie. currently we got attack weapon will there be attack matey, or attack whip in the future?

my opinion
    the legendary item is no doubt awesome, and having one will surely be beneficial specially to cagematch players. Luck will surely play a role to get this item. Crew builders on the other hand will surely have second thoughts of wasting Favor Points on too many common items just to get one legendary items.

Thanks

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You are not limited to 1 of each item per crate. Your chances are the same with each and every purchase. I can see how the info modal can be confusing with the "1x" under each item image. This was built to handle higher quantity payouts but has not been utilized as such thus far and therefore I will disable that.

Yes they will. In fact the contents of each crate will be updated regularly. These are fairly new so we do not have a firm schedule right now but I would expect an update every couple of months at the latest.

7. Kabutee Kinoko

Kabutee Kinoko New Member

Thanks for the information. that clear things out and that will definitely change the way i purchase items on davy jones with my saved FPs. However, there is one thing i really find unattractive. For example the legendary items stat is not far off the rare items. Unlike the uncommon items vs rare items. below is my comparison

Current Limited time matey/Uncommon (Spikesuit Matey) 242/120 (362total) = 25FPs
    Current Limited quantity matey/Rare (Bombmaster) 249/153 (402total) = 30FPs
    Current Legendary matey (Sea witch) 100/325 (425total) = 23FPs Crate + LUCK

between the limited quantity and legendary there is only a 23 points difference (425-402) as compared to 40 points difference form limited time to limited quantity item both which are guaranteed purchase. So for legendary you have to spend a lot more just for a 23 pt advantage. :( i purchase 18 crates just to get 1 Sea witch before i realize the stat difference. maybe a difference of 40pts would have been better to get a satisfying effect on the purchase. anyway this may be something admin should look at also.

thanks again.