[VC] Item Crates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Item Crates have been released to Viking Clan today which is a new way to acquire items for you and your Clan.

What is an Item Crate?
    Item Crates are a collection of inventory items. With each purchase you are awarded 1 item within the crate, each of which vary in their rareness in terms of your chances of earning them.

There are 4 tiers of rarity:
    • Legendary - 5%
    • Rare - 10%
    • Uncommon - 30%
    • Common - 55%
    Items in the Legendary tier are unique to these crates so you will not be able to find them elsewhere. These Legendary items are also the strongest available for purchase based on combined Att/Def stats.

What is in the Crate itself?
    There are currently 3 different types of Crates; Attack, Defensive and Balanced. For the most part the Attack crate will have items weighted heavier on Att, Defensive will have items weighted heavier on Def and the Balanced crates have items with nearly equal Att/Def.

To see what is in a crate click on the (?) to bring up these details. Notice that items already awarded are highlighted whereas those that have not been awarded are greyed out a bit from view.

[​IMG]

Where can I purchase Item Crates?
    Item crates can be found on the Home page in the item carousel as well as via The Gods. You can purchase 1 crate for 20 Favor Points or 3 at a time for 56 Favor Points.

We look forward to your feedback so please let us know if you have any comments or questions in this thread.

2. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

So i take it there is NOT a limit on the crates...that can be purchased a day ????.................this will for sure push MANY out of Viking Clan...nice work Kano...! You have already sold the soul of Kano to the Credit Card demons in VC..... i guess this is the way to push out those who still play the original way it was designed for play...battle and earn !

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

How is this any different than the Limited items we currently sell? They are items with a price which is no different than what we currently offer, this just introduces some randomness and the possibility of getting a strong item for relatively cheap.

4. Stephen moyes

Stephen moyes New Member

Another nail in the coffin of Viking clan, every update now seems to be aimed towards the people who are privileged enough to have enough money to blow on what was a game for all, a game with an even playing field which now i am saddened to say is not a game of skill no more but more about who has the biggest bank balance and the fattest credit card, very sad.

Well done Kano! you certainly know how to ruin a good game.

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Stephen As Smack has mentioned, crates are simply a way to make limited items more exciting. It's also worth mentioning that crates have been in one of our other games for the past month, and has been very well received. We can absolutely appreciate that you're not interested in this particular feature, but please try to keep the negativity for negativity's sake to a minimum.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I see that revenue is more important than other ideas to get implemented, which I "DO" get DAN. Did this ever come up as a discussion in VC thread= NO It did not "YOU GET POSITIVE FEED BACK IN OTHER GAMES AND IMPLEMENT TO ALL OTHERS" as to say keep negativity's sake to a minimum, you can see why may are upset or pissed off. I know can buy other items that guarantee what you will receive, but yet you say make more exciting buying a weapon/warrior on a crate is utter BS, nothing more than to get revenue up. How about making the gamer happy you already get your paycheck.

7. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

@ Matthew ... I agree 100% there with you...To be totally honest here ...something like the crates should of gone to the Loyalty Items to be earned...just sayin !

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Jades + LaScepter I'm sorry to hear you guys aren't happy with the update, and we appreciate you letting us know.

9. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Thanks WB for the redirect for info. I think that I, like you, will also be interested in other peoples feedback. The general opinion at the moment seems to be leaning towards frustration that it will let players with cash surge ahead of players with devotion to the game and tactical skills developed that don't have as much cash. Time will bring out other peoples opinions I am sure. I have seen some players appear at low levels who seem to race through the levels. If you friend them into your clan you get to see their personal FB pages and it then makes sense as you can see that they have money to burn by looking at their other posts, photos and lifestyle.

10. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Since the crates are now here anyway perhaps we can improve upon the way they are used. Could Kano perhaps tweak the crates a bit so that the lower you are the more likely you are to get the lower gifts and as you achieve higher levels (therefore you are a loyal and probably daily player) the odds improve on getting the better contents? In this way it will prevent new players with fat wallets from having the same advantage as those players who have been around much longer and are rewarded with the likelihood of better crate contents. Just a hopefully helpful suggestion.

11. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

To be fair to Kano, they are just going down the route of so many other online games that do the same thing. Being a fairly new player too VC ( about a year and a half ), well it just seems par for the course given my experience of other online games. That said VC is the only one of I have spent on and actually stuck with - too many get greedy, take all skill away from game and make it impossible for non-paying players to compete in game.

I understand the need for paying players but don't overlook the ones who don't. Having a good active game with a lot of players is as important as anything else I think, 2 games I was playing had the servers die quickly, once the paying players shot out so far in front that it was just impossible to compete with them unless willing to spend thousands of dollars. I know not all of this applies to VC or the other Kano games but beware of the pitfalls in travelling a similar route. The others seemed to just add new things on a regular basis till it got to point that unless you spent there was no point in playing. Games & active players die off quickly and interest just moves on elsewhere, the fact I have stuck with VC says a lot for game up to now and I hope it doesn't go the same way as the others I used to play...

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Wise words, I sincerely appreciate the thoughtful feedback. We are certainly aware that maintaining the competitiveness and fairness for non or infrequent paying players is important for the game and we are looking to prioritize some new gameplay features for the coming months. When we have more to announce on that front we will bring it to the forums for sure.

Thanks again for the feedback.

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Understood, and I hate to sound like a broken record but it has always been the case that someone could drop a ton of cash on items to make themselves stronger. These crate items are really no different than the current Limited Time and Limited Qty items that we offer. Someone can load up their inventory with those just as easily as with the crates. All the crates do is introduce some randomness and the chance at scoring a high powered item for relatively cheap.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

U guys tend to keep things pretty balanced, there is never some great deal to be had...not even an earned one. Loyalty items end up costing hundreds of dollars per, The battle arena costs more than can be earned...blah blah blah. The example given here is just another joke in a long line of jokes. Sure...u can have a very very very limited chance of getting a fairly powerful weapon for relatively cheaper....but the odds say...NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Even the the legendary item given as an example in this post sucks in comparison to what can be currently bought....the only diff....zero risk. Crates are for suckers....Im sure Kano will get rich. Maybe then they can gives us more crap we dnt want, further neglect the current issues and start up more not so well received games. They just dont get it, perhaps they should have actually listened to all their long time players and payers when they were still around, getting 10 or 20 bucks out of a 1000 players adds up quicker than 500 out of a couple.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

That true and all they are def going that route and have been for quite some time....but Kano has always made a point of how they are diff than the other gaming companies. They are an"Indie" because they didnt want to go the route of those other companies. But then to be fair....they said that back when they were being much more transparent.....LOL

16. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Ok, I can accept that Kano strive (if that is the right word) to be different to other online games providers. The main winge seems to be about Kano wanting money and being less interested in game play and also following in the track of other games providers so just want players money. However, I am aware that nothing comes for free so it is not a problem that money making aspects are introduced to the game. If Kano really do want to stand out from the crowd then I suggest that they LISTEN TO THEIR PLAYERS AND IMPLEMENT THE ASSORTED SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING THE GAME PLAY. I have seen several posts about ideas being ignored and ideas being repeated and Kano not taking any notice. I think that possibly the bulk of the players don't mind the odd money making aspect provided it is balanced with listening to the game improvements suggested by the loyal playing base of Kano games. I only play VC so cannot comment on the other Kano games. The games players want an interesting game to play that has variety, is not too repetitious and monotonous (that's why I have stopped playing other online games), stimulating, relaxing in our spare time and above all FUN. It is a game so should be FUN. If it has money making aspects that is only to be expected - BUT - not at the expense of the game itself or it will die as people leave. So please Kano, listen to your loyal fan base and implement some of our ideas as well as your own and don't go too heavily down the road of purely making money or you will lose your players. We are the people who play the game so we have valid input.

17. Your

Your New Member

Not the most exciting up date or feature you guys have done. Like the others have said, its just a way for the already stupidly strongto make themselves stronger. The credit cards will be popping out of wallets and for what? 20FP (GODS etc...) for a 5% chance of winning a legendary weapon? may aswell just use 25-30 then get one properly. It's like the hunter games, using all those arrows for misses and very low chances of the single hit payouts. In my opinion, if you want people to enjoy the game, and let them get what they want for their money's worth, make it so every arrow counts, get rid of the crates, and make it overall easier for those that are lower level to actually stand a chance and stop making it so those that played for years only benefit from these updates. But again.....thats just my opinion................

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Make it easier for lower levels to stand a chance?? ????? stand a chance for what, everyone has to put the time and energy into the games to get somewhere. Crates are not gonna make it easier for anyone , all it does is provide another way for people with money to maybe get stronger who are already strong, lower levels have no dealings with long term players, unless they do not adhere to warnings to stay off their rival lists. IMO, any updates that have been brought to the games that were not around for long term players who got there without those features, is an advantage to new players .

19. Your

Your New Member

This says it all. 100% agree with this......all im going to say now

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I will ask once again, how is this any different than limits NOT being applied to any of the other Limited Time, Limited Qty or Sale items?