is this supposed to happen?

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Pat Sul, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Pat Sul

Pat Sul New Member

as i have been going up the levels - my needed amount of xp had simply been x 10 of my level.
    so at level 2400 - i needed to get 24000 xp.

along comes the leap year calendar and suddenly i have to get x 20 my level in xp in order to progress to the next level.
    i thought it might have been to do with the amount of xp you could get during the calendar.
    however it has persisted.

so now on level 2421 - i have to get 48420 xp to progress to the next level.

why such a large jump in the necessary progression?
    or do i have a bug?

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Yes it's supposed to happen and it will happen again when you reach certain levels of the game. I think your next big jump will be 2600 and then 3000

3. Jon Ward

But also you will find more players eventually who's experience has gone up also so you can fight them a yield a higher exp. And the adventures and challenges also goes up to in experience. It may seem like your slowing down but it's still possible to get 3 to 8 levels a day in if you allocated your points in either the stamina or energy enough of them.

4. Pat Sul

Pat Sul New Member

all it has done for me is slow me from 3 levels or so a day, down to one.

the jump seems to be far to much and with no extra rewards for it - the additional xp from the adventures remains just an extra 25. the rewards for the challenges remain the same. the only thing that has gone up is when i help people on their challenges - but that is limited to a certain number a day.

so can i reset and reallocate my skill points to perhaps change my balance of points in order to do more with the adventures.

5. Jon Ward

Unfortuantely they do not allow resetting of skill points. But there still is plenty enough time to change it around. Allocate your points from level ups from doing adventures and completing them. Even the bosses you get skill points at certain levels of killing them. In no time you can build up either more stamina or energy. Myself i went the stamina route because to me it has more to do in the game then energy actually does. Since you use stamina for bosses fighting bounty hunting. Just keep working in the long run the slow down will also help you build up your items and other aspects so you will be ready for the higher players.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

you will get 480 for helping others instead of 240 so that doubles as well , of course after a certain amount of people you help it wil decrease at a certain point but it just takes a period of adjustment, when I got to level 3000 ( actually I think it was when I completed it exp jumped to 90,000 but for example I get 924 for helping on a challenge

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  7. Pat Sul

Pat Sul New Member

i hear what you are saying.
    however all this has done has taken the shine off the game. progress is down to a snail's pace, and it means my next new adventure will be 30 days away at current rate.

that pretty much kills the game for me.

8. Jon Ward

You will find ways to move more. I thought the same as you did when it first jumped on me. Just look for different ways of moving more. Hit the world bosses constantly that will help you every 4 hrs that's almost 7k to 8 k in experience alone when two are open at a time. If you do the min damage on your friend's bosses you can easily get a great deal of experience. Also soon to come is more stamina yield from what the developers were saying. Just give it awhile you will figure it out.

9. Pat Sul

Pat Sul New Member

linda - you are right the challenge rewards go up - but as there is a limit to how many you can help and there is no guarantee as to how many challenge helps you will be able to complete the rewards are not certain.

jon - realistically i can't play every 4 hours to get those world boss gains. at most i might be able to get them 3 or 4 times in a day.

having quickly looked at the game help there is no mention of this jump there. so another question is where can i find out about such stuff before it happens?

10. Jon Ward

All you have to do is ask Pat. Most of the people on here are very helpful in responding to help out other player's. Myself there are still things i am always learning in pirate clan once i get to a certain point in the game when something new open's up for me.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Pat there are a few groups I can hook you up with , will send you the links in an email , the game has multi level strategy, it is not just leveling, you do not want to level to fast, you need crew and loot and crafting is needed, as you level so you do not find yourself at a level you can not defend your self in

12. Bubba

Bubba Member

Linda- Another strategy is to level quickly and beef up the attack stats on your pirate. When others attack you, they get very little XP as the difference is so great, but you are able to beat them and you can still bounty hunt, etc. As you were saying, multi-level strategy. You can either be strong on offense and weak on defense or build slow and be even on both. However, when considering this path to take, think about how many times you attack others and how many times you are attacked. I can tell you that I attack others a lot more than I am attacked and I am sure most Pirates have the same thing. So in my opinion, to build your pirate for defense is mostly a waste of time. The only trade off is that once you get high enough level, you will need some good battles to help you level and not many will fight with you if they are getting under 100 XP per battle win.
    Another point made here (not in this particular post, but thread) was for you to hit the bosses for the minimum damage to get lots of XP. If you take this literal, it is not correct. If you use stamina to hit a boss several times to get the minimum damage to get rewards, you actual get less XP per stamina than if you had a good battle partner (or I call them spar partners because you are not out to kill each other, just helping out each other). If instead you use only one stamina to help on a boss, that is when you get the most XP per stamina. For instance, I earn about 550 XP per one stamina helping on a boss (does not matter which boss or the level) and I earn 270 XP for a battle win (if it is a close battle). If I hit a boss for the min. damage to get rewards, I average about 30 XP per stamina with the XP I get during the battle and the rewards once it is dead.