[PC] Is this bullying ???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by opihi, May 27, 2018.

1. opihi

opihi New Member

I tried to find a discussion but couldn't so forgive me if this was previously posted.

I have been playing P/C for a while now, and there is something that I find rather disconcerting. I am not sure if would be considered 'bullying'. I have seen many people who are lower levels actually quit because of this.

I talking about (considerably) higher level players (15K+) who sit on and constantly keep lower level players (L500 - 4K) dead. As soon as they heal they are attacked, and killed. I've watched this go on for hours (and even days and in two instances over 2 weeks). Many of these lower level players spend all their coin on healing so they can't even buy RULE or a Counter Attack or Bounty.

ok, before you tell me that they should buy RULE or Counters, etc. Some of these players just don't have the resources (see above).

I get that killing for stats, but really a L500 player will not make your stats go any higher? Whether or not these players are using 'bots' to sit on a target , I have no idea.

I'l be the first to admit I've been targeted, and have been sat on for a hour or two or three, (when I just got out of protection) but I was fortunate enough to have Clan who were able to assist me.

I guess what I'm asking for is any (reasonable) suggestions or solutions.

(short story)
    I have been trying to keep a lower level player (L2500 just out of 'protection') from quitting because a high level player 15K+ has sat on them for now going on 3 days. What little coin they make from RULE is spent on healing, so they can attempt to do Adventures, and other things. They have actually run out of coins on several occasions.

Any suggestions?

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

My first thought is don't use protection that makes a player more of a target, for a few reasons, if the player being targeted responds in the WC or Tavern, don't it makes things worse, Try to clan with higher levels , and then ask them if they can help in some way, also knowing ,'Everyone] is someone's target and it is not a unique situation to be in, a a player advances in the game, there will always be someone who will target or be a target it is the nature of the game , (PVP) and stop healing when they are listing or attacking, figure out when the player is online and stay dead till he/she goes offline, these are things I have used in my years, of playing, sure it is a PIA , but eventually they will get bored, if the targeted player keeps a low profile. Ya don't need to heal to do adventures, only fighting and bosses.
    so to answer your question IMO it is not bullying there is no bullying in a fighting game,,,,,

PS if there is one thing I have learned about playing these types of games, is ya gotta let stuff roll off ya back, don't take it to seriously and have fun, once you get to that point , you will have fun, it is only a game :)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  3. braatt10

braatt10 Member

I have one player that has been after me almost daily for over 3 months now on ZS Continually resetting traps 350+ and going np resetting if he wants to die I'll keep killing him, I only heal when I need to or hitting WB's. He doesn't care about leveling and I will keep on distancing myself, At beginning of last raid was 12 levels less, now I'm 40 levels up and with raids this week will jump up some more. Just sit back and do what you need to do. Staying dead is np when I heal I make up more than enough XP to level, than a death takes away. Hope this helps.

4. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear the other side of the story. Very doubtful these higher levels just randomly chose you to pick on. Unless this game is different a higher level can't attack you unless you punched or attacked them first. Meaning after 24 hours they shouldnt be able to touch you again. They can list you however.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have had couple of years back, a few people on me 24/7 in Kano games , but I persisted :)

6. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

The higher levels can punch as well as list of course. Being punched 10 times per day by a high level is annoying but you can still play game normally.

Ive had players in my syndicate/guild/clan who often complained about being attacked and hit. We eventually figured out they were doing one or more of the following 4 things (often a combination):

1. attacking and listing back the higher levels. Some people attack every player on their rival list without looking at the level.

2.opening themselves up to attack via participation in hit list regularly

3. Engaged in aggressive behavior themselves and the higher levels listing them are just coming to aid of their own clan/mob. (There are lots of players in this game who think nothing of chain attacking themselves but cry at the slightest retaliation)

4. Trash talking in game messages, lounge/tavern and/or Facebook.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Kirsten likes this.
  7. braatt10

braatt10 Member

I have the one being persistent over three months, I don't mind killing him, wasting his money, building my stats and can't even slow me down. And will continue leveling up and trapping he wont stop np, I'll just keep killing him and leveling just an annoying gnat to be swatted and I am very happy to do it.

Steven Jordan likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

They eventually give up, and won't even go after you with alts. Of course, if you're not happy, you do have a choice. Maybe the blue pill?