Is it me or you DEVs that doesn't understand the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mike Ketil, May 29, 2011.

1. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

I thought the idea of the game was to get higher in the game, and get stronger.
    I've done this and all that seems to happen is that you get penalized for it.
    you bring in bosses that start way below my level.
    You bring in empire that starts way below my level.
    You give me no one on my battle list for me to attack.
    And now ..
    you come up with the idea of not being able to hit someones trap and then list them whilst riding the bounty.
    One of the things about getting stronger is that you've the ability to ride the bounty and choose who you attack and list while doing so.
    When you come up with these ideas are you sitting in big shoes and red noses, driving around in exploding cars?
    Stop listening to the whinging minority and coming up with these silly ideas and get back to the real game. Save the silly ideas for zombies and pirates, I don't play them.
    Why make all your games the same?

2. Ace

Ace Member

Well, dying on someone's bounty trap while on hitlist is a perfectly valid strategy in the game. Mike here is tough enough to do it whenever he wants. If that pisses the underleveled hunters/listers, too bad, they should know it's a possibility once they list him or try to take him down.

I don't know if Kano has done something about it, but if they did already, I kindly suggest to back off.

3. oh great they didnt see it(or im misreading)

we NEED to be able to list when listed

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Kano...PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS SOON

5. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Wow you guys can stay on the hit list long enough to list some one? Good show!

6. Climb out of your igloo/bubble/cave/[CENSORED] for a second and take note of what actually happens...

These guys can stay up there on the list/bounty for as long as they want, until their finger dies from some sort of repetetive strain injury or until they simply can't be bothered to click heal anymore.

As an example...
    Imagine a football match, a real foot meets ball game. football. These guys could outlast the whole match and most likely extra time too.​
    If they really wanted to.

7. if your constantly healing when listed you should be able to list

just dont let the trap knock you off if ya hit one

make it so you have to get attacked and whoever attacks gets it

but if you hit a trap and immediately heal in time

you should still be on the list

just my 2 cents

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Nothing has been done and no firm plans to do anything, I responded to a compliant on an earlier post where the possibility exists to be punch killed or run through a bounty trap. That being said we have not looked into or committed to making any changes as of yet.

Do you feel that it is good to have the ability to hitlist someone and have them die through another method (punch kill or bounty trap)?

We brought in bosses as a form of NPC to help those players that have limited battle lists.

If there is no one in your fight range, do you have any suggestions on how to improve that? NPC's is an option but we already have bosses for that. Opening up the fight range is an option, but being thousands of levels higher than an opponent and having free range on that opponent may be a little imbalanced.

Another option that has come to light recently, is in Guild Wars, out of range players that attack a member of your Guild would be opened up for attack which would give you more opponents to battle.

9. long as we can list while on the list

thats the main concern here i think

10. far as no one in range

how about ability to attack any level undead player(lvl 500 and higher)

since that player would be undead it wont even show them they were attacked

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Noted. And I don't think I disagreed with anyone when that was brought up. Not being able to punch someone while they are on the list makes sense since you can attack that person from there profile. Is there any disagreement with that.

As far as hitlisting from the hitlist, that functionality will remain.

12. it does make sense not being able to punch someone listed

thanks for clarifying that we can still list when listed

13. far as the no one in range issue

how about undead viking and undead mobsters

and how about the ability to attack any level undead regardless of your level

undead attacks dont register anyway in attacked players history

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Those are valid points, we can definitely open the range on undead players as well as opening up the number of attacks. I will get a dev on that this week. The undead opponents have been a well received feature at helping address the limited battle list issue in ZS and PC.

15. If there are bosses then why not "minions"? Kind of odd that the enemy bosses are the "boss" of an army of one. I was thinking of suggesting something like this before but it sounded dumb in my head and the amount of coding to put in might get confusing but here it goes:

Starting at level 500 there will be a set amount of computer generated opponents on the fight list. Each of these minions will have an att/def strength of 500 +/- 100 and a health of 10K and for each level above higher att/def increases by 1-2 and health by 10-20. If you attack one of the minions then they will attack you back at random over the next 12 hrs. If injured then the minions will heal after 5min-1hr not quite sure what would be a fair amount of time. If you dont attack them the minions will leave you alone. The minions cannot be bountied or counter attacked.

16. Make a new VC boss before messing with undead stuff. The players that are complaining about empty fight lists would have no one undead in range to fight anyways

17. thats why it would be open for all level ranges to attack any level undead

and yes you want a cat boss

das already gave some nice suggestions on it lol

18. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Who cares....ya talking bout nothing if you don't have names and you can't post them in here so be quiet on that they can ride as long as they want thing. I need stats, video or screen caps not you typing it. That means nothing. Now climb back in your cave, bubble or hole! lol Where unnamed people ride the list as long as they want. What's wrong with your medulla oblongata?

19. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Hi Kendall
    last night I was listed, rode the bounty for a while, tried to list the person who listed me, hit his trap, died, and yet I was still on the bounty list. I know it was the same listing as I was up for the same cost as the first bounty. So for being strong I died twice.
    If you've made no changes, how did this happen.
    Its about time you started rewarding people that make an effort in the game, amd not rewarding the ones that moan because others have made that effort.

20. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Also I'd like to see proper battling, rather than battling the dead for the higher levels, open up the leaderboard, so we can attack each other.
    The ones you're protecting think nothing of going down a few thousand levels and attacking some one who's gone for their bounty, or listing them repeatedly if they've gone for it.
    I don't want to attack something thats already dead, if I did, I'd play zombies.
    I also want interraction, I want them attacking me.