[FB] INVITE EX-MAFIA Referral System

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Friendly Fire, Jun 7, 2016.

1. SaintSteven

SaintSteven New Member

Joined 2373 days, 6 hours ago

I also have played this game for a very long time. I also brought in many players from other games and never received anything for it. I see part of the problem as we were not even given the opportunity to invite Mafia War players until after the fact. It was not a level playing feild from the get go.

2. BrianW

BrianW New Member

Hey guys. Not sure exactly what's going on with this "referral" system, but I am a relatively new transfer from Mafia Wars and would be glad to accept invites from anyone if it will help you out. Not sure if there is a time limit on it or not since I don't have your side of it to see. I play manually and only have 1 account in this game, so I don't think I hit on any of the triggers that I can help at least. Been playing for 61 days and currently at level 459, so I am as active as could reasonably (I think) be expected. Check in daily unless I'm on the road without computer access and do my daily "chores" before anything else. Trying to read, listen, and learn before ticking anyone off and haven't killed any raids (although been in a couple someone else was killing). If it helps, let me know and I can see if any of my old clan would be open to invites too.

MW LCN profile: https://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/profile/user/10201516365900600
    (and someone in my tag already hit the war button, so I'm already about as dead as I can be so if you want to hitlist me for being new, you may have to take a number... o_O)

3. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

@mi7ch and @Scoughman Clearly the method for detecting these alts is not working as I have reported a player who has had multiple accounts for 45 days now. They even have the same facebook name and take it in turn which account to log on, they have even kindly posted an admission of this fact. If your method has not detected them in 45 days then maybe it is time for a new method of tracking them.

How can we possibly have faith that this referral system is not being abused when it clearly and obviously is. It seems Kano are unable or unwilling to stop it.

4. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I agree Friendly Fire... alts are not there to spend money they are there to be weak. It doesn't matter if their main account spends, they have broken ToU and both accounts ought to be either be removed or the main locked from adding anyone with the se email or IP adress. They have proved that they can not be trusted to not break kano rules in the future by making more alt accounts until they get caught or by using bots or exploits and alt accounts. What is the punishment for the alt account... nothing really because the person whom intentionally created the account and therefore breaking ToU, only loses the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... etc... account(s) and leaves them able to do it again. Mi7ch you need to find a better way... there are a lot of alts in the game and they create them because some people will break the rules if they think they can get away unpumished for it. That's how social deviancy works...

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Friendly Fire

@mi7ch and @Scoughman these cheats and alts are still active, admit it you have no systems in place to catch them at all otherwise you would have acted by now. You are just bluffing. The fact that no action is being taken is just encouraging others to set up alt accounts.

A facebook group in which @Scoughman is a member now has the leader of said group telling the new players that it is ok to have alts.

By failing to act you are effectively condoning the use of alts and you are failing the honest players in the game!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Kirsten likes this.
  6. Friendly Fire

upload_2016-6-23_13-18-57.png

The screenshot of the conversation in the group I mentioned in my above post

Zoe Bell and foxysiren like this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Wow

8. Friendly Fire

Interestingly this self confessed cheat still has an active account and has not had it reset. Why is this @mi7ch and @Scoughman ? Why are you actively allowing cheats to remain with no punishment and therefore encouraging others to cheat?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Kirsten likes this.
  9. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

We take action on alts every time we find them, @Friendly Fire. That screenshot was reported to me earlier today but it'd surprise me if the conversation happened recently. That group has been very anti-alts so far and in fact I think an admin recently banned people from the group for admitting to alt use. I believe there was some confusion on this early on, but we've made it pretty clear that aside from Kong/Armor (not allowed to interact) and accounts on different servers (KP1/Facebook and KP2 or Kong/Armor) you're not allowed to have two characters played by the same person in the same game.

10. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I have seen the same post... Why are they saying Kano says it's ok? This post was deleted and Sol I think you must know that group well and they are being very uncooperative with well established and older players, why is Kano permitting them to cause more tension within an already tense situation? Both posts were deleted from the page. People have a voice and are trying to help but this group is only silencing them. I suggest you find a new owner and admins that can run the group in a more professional and ethical manner. I have also seen a post where a player said that bot usage was allowed, unfortunately I do no have a ss of it. The one in the first screen shot is still active in LCN... there is a date on the disappearing posts ss- and it was today... It would be nice if I could put the name of it, but that's not allowed :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  11. Friendly Fire

Hi @Scoughman I am in that group and took the screenshot myself and there are others such as @foxysiren who will confirm that this conversation took place just 10hrs before I posted this picture so it is very recent. And in the version where I have not redacted the names the admin of said group can clearly be seen telling people it is ok to have alts.

The larger issue still needs to be addressed though, why are players with alts still being allowed to play with no punishment even after they admit it? The one in this example still has her account running and has suffered no punishment! I know for a fact that other players who have alts are still playing despite their own public admissions of using them. What more evidence do you need? This needs to be addressed!

The fact that these alts are happening and continues to happen does show that you have no way of stopping them and that the referral system IS being abused and will continue to be abused.

Sandy Barrows, foxysiren and Zoe Bell like this.
  12. Friendly Fire

@Scoughman I have also seen new players discussing how to abuse the referral system -

remember a lot of these players from mafia wars had alts, (the admin of the group you referred to openly admits to having 43 facebook accounts, screenshots can be provided to evidence this) which means they already have multiple facebook pages.

What they have discussed is a cross pollination of alts to use so as to cheat the system, what I mean by this is as follows

Player A has 2 alts
    Player B has 2 alts
    Player C has 2 alts

Player A uses B+C alts as referrals
    Player B uses A+C alts as referrals
    Player C uses A+B alts as referrals

This is actively happening, this is actively being discussed and you are unable to detect it or do anything about it. I have to ask why the referral system is still in place when it is obviously being so abused.

BTW I said this would happen in the opening post of this thread and was assured it wouldn't, clearly those assurance were wrong.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    sable, Kirsten and Zoe Bell like this.
  13. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Tbh the group that is being talked about is like the blind leading the blind, posts being deleted, because people who have no idea how the game works want some power lol I am surprised the Kano staff want to be associated with it.

Sandy Barrows, Kirsten and Zoe Bell like this.
  14. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I agree. All Kano devs are in there and they are allowing them to constantly disrespect us and delete posts... Kano are you not ashamed that owner is running the group so poorly? Seriously, why would you want your names and rep's associated with it?I would not let Kano's name be tarnished by staying in a group that treats your customers/ members so poorly... They complain about us constantly but slap us in the face when we try to help them... We could just hitlist and beat on them all day, but instead well- known members try to help them and all that group does is shun them... You are basically allowing cyber-bullying by allowing them to have so much power over the older players. They threaten us unprovoked in other groups yet Kano does nothing to help. That alt is still in the game and I took that screen shot myself too of her admitting she had alts... so when is Kano going to start to care? When are you going to start remembering who had been there all along? We are becoming very disenchanted with Kano atm, when at one time you had our trust. Our voices are silenced yet theirs aren't. Threatening and cyber-bulllying walk hand in hand and are against ToU also. If you want to start a helper group- have admins that know what they are doing and not these fools you have right now- it's only making the situation worse...

Kirsten and foxysiren like this.
  15. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a great idea. Kano start your own help group and have established players who actually know what they are talking about help you run it. You have the power of placing a link on the main game page so people can find the group.
    It's worrying someone who appears to know very little is advising these new players.

Kirsten, Friendly Fire and Zoe Bell like this.
  16. Kirsten

I was in that group but left cause of the rudeness , and I saw what was said back then, which is why I reported that glitch, not even knowing it was a glitch, there are many there who are good people but there are or were some there who know how to work the system, I could have stayed and monitored the crap that is said there, as far as cheating, but the for that admin. Kano cannot control what goes on in any FB group unless it is their own group, , but since they are in that group and are not willing to investigate what some say there, then the writing is on the wall , literally.

Zoe Bell and foxysiren like this.
  17. Kirsten

That group is not Kano's group, so no they cannot control anything, that is a private group.

Zoe Bell likes this.
  18. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Kano developers ought to leave that group
    and refer people somewhere else because the guy running that group is rude and bad for buisiness

19. Kirsten

Totally agree with you , about the admin, but the ones playing who have the alts and abuse glitches are the ones that are bad for business, and when it happens, we won't be surprised.

Zoe Bell and Friendly Fire like this.
  20. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Yes there are so many people breaking ToU and it seems Kano is ok with that or else the developers would do something about it... After all they are paid and required to ensure that the ToU are followed and to remove players that have anot unfair advantage over other players. Mi7ch you need to do something about this...You are there to protect the integrity of you business not to let these people with alts, exploits and bots do whatever they want. They break your ToU, then put it in your ToU- NO REFUNDS for those who do not follow the rules. I know Kano is most concerned about the mighty dollar so this will ensure Fair Play for Everyone and will stop the cyber bullying of people who have spent on other members... The person on this ss posted this in the group that Friendly Fire posted here in this forum thread. The screen shot is recent and the account is still active in LCN

Attached Files:

Mary Lou likes this.