[PC] Introducing the Job Board!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Gazember to answer your questions those are Bosses that people pasted the link to as opposed to making them public by clicking the Job Board button on the boss page. Sending out the link will only allow Captains to get hits in.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You only share bosses to everyone if you click on the Share Boss in Job Chat button. Other wise, the boss is yours to share or not. It's up to you!

3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@mi7ch thanks for the explanation, maybe in the future there should be visual difference between the pasted link bosses and the public ones, maybe a different color

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Good call Gazember, I'll see what we can do about that! :)

5. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

why not just make an achievement for 'NOT WORKING? REFRESH PAGE' ?

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Robert Belrose what game/network are you seeing that on? This is the first time I've heard of this happened.

7. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Facebook VC and PC when changing load out- VC is worse

8. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, as long as there are no raids like they are on Kong, I'm fine with it. After all, finding your boss full with low-levels who don't even do min damage or, even worse, some people you kicked out of your clan is rather annoying. But as these options are only available if you're self-inflicting them, that's good. No one can complain now if they didn't read up on the rules for the job board.

9. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

only problem i see with this is that there can be alot of dead bosses on there. can you guys make it so that when a boss dies it gets taken off of the job board. same thing for when you post it to your armada chat(the tab next to jobs) because as it is now you cant delete anything you post off of there

10. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Just saw the Job Board link today on my Halcyon. I like it! Maybe now we'll have less bosses being left to expire. If we are having trouble filling the spots or simply running out of time on a boss and no one else in our clan is interested in hitting it, this feature comes in very handy.

I agree with neill1990's suggestion on expired bosses. There were a lot of those on the Job Board feed, moreso than available bosses.

As for the personal loadout comments, I'm looking forward to the possibility of seeing a much more user-friendly set-up that lets us customize loadouts so we just have to click on "Defense Loadout" or "Attack Loadout" and voila! loaded with our pre-set choices! It would help immensely when in defense and suddenly become engaged in battle with another player (or in my case lately, catching a hit-and-hider when they think it's safe to get a few hits in lol).

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We made a new adjustment to the Job Board link today. There's now a Toggle for you to enable non-Captains to hit your boss. If you post a boss to the Job Board it will automatically make the boss available to everyone, but if you change the Toggle (it's big and green, but here's a screenshot to show you what it looks like) it will turn the availability off and make it so only your Clan can hit it.

It basically functions the same as before but the Toggle gives you the ability to make your bosses Clan-exclusive if you accidentally hit the Job Board button.

sharing toggle.jpg

12. TabithaMoon

NICE! Thank you!

13. neill1990

another neat feture that would be nice to have on the jobs board is the ability to be able to delete your boss postings that you make.

also there should be a time next to te persons name or somewhere that shows what time that post was made. it would be verry helpful

14. TabithaMoon

Yes to both!

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

To address a couple of the suggestions on here, I checked in with the developer behind the chat and having bosses disappear off the Job Board when they're killed unfortunately isn't viable at this time. We'll continue looking in to it to see if we can make it happen at some point in the future.

For deleting your own boss off the list, isn't that essentially the same thing as the toggle? You remove your boss from public availability, but it is still visible. It runs into the same problem above with having bosses deleted off the list at that point.

The time stamp is something we want to get implemented as soon as possible, so we've figuring out a way to fit that in there smartly.

Thanks for the feedback!

16. TabithaMoon

It's a nice feature, at any rate. You know where my main interest lies, anyway lol. Thanks for the info!

17. neill1990

mi7ch one last suggestion. could it be possible to make it so that there is an option to hide your boss from your armadas enemies because i feel they shouldnt be able to see or hit your boss, or it could be when you block a player instead f not being able to message that person how about they arent able to see/hit your boss posts.