[PC] Introducing The Beacon of Life (Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, May 13, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What is the "Beacon of Life"?

The Beacon of Life is a new feature that incentivizes players to bring back old Captains to Pirate Clan. When you send a Beacon of Life the player that receives it will get some rewards as soon as they come back to the game to help them jump right into gameplay. Based on how much GP they earn through their next four seasons you can both earn Weekly rewards with the possibility for a bonus reward at the end of this period. See the info in-game for more details about the Weekly and Bonus rewards.

This feature should be live starting the evening of May 12 and will be in beta form. As such it will only be available to a relatively small number of accounts at this time but a wider release is planned. Please note that the ability to send Beacons is only available through Facebook canvas and is not supported on KanoPlay.

Where to Start

[​IMG]

If you are eligible you will see a new tab on your Profile called "Beacon of Life". Click on the "Tell Me More" button to see specifics of the rewards available and to start sending Beacons.

How to Send

[​IMG]

Once you have opened the Beacon of Life menu you will see your Candidate List. Choose from any of these candidates to send a Beacon to which will show up on their side as a Facebook request. Once a Beacon is sent this Captain will be moved into the Pending tab where they will remain until they rejoin the game or five days pass.

How to Track Progress

[​IMG]

If you have any "Active" Beacons you can track your Captain's progress by clicking the Active tab. Here you will see a week by week breakdown of their GP progress. At the end of each season, rewards are able to be collected with the Bonus reward becoming available at the end of the fourth season since your Captain rejoined.

[​IMG]

On the other side of this your Captain who has rejoined Pirate Clan can see their own progress by going to their own Profile and looking for the "Beacon of Life" tab. This will show their week by week GP progress as well as their progress towards the bonus rewards. Your rejoined Captains will also be able to collect rewards at the end of each season and the Bonus at the end of four seasons.

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

those rewards that are given out are really good.especially the last one 348 attack and 152 deffence. that is even better then the cap that i have on kong wich has stats of 315 attack and 139. i really hope somebody will start playing so i can get it lol.

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Finally something i actually like seeing you do Kano. And i am one of those that gets this option. Only thing i hate is your willing to try and if the players don't accept it then your pretty much screwed. I sent 4 invites out of the 5 possible. And the 5th one wouldn't send to that player.

4. neill1990

ya same here it says that i have reached my max but i have only sent 4 of 5

5. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Mine is the same way. I click on Send Beacon and it doesn't work. I've been loving this feature though :)

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the feedback folks!

For those of you who can't send Beacons to certain people, it could be that they've deactivated their Facebook account but their in-game profile still exists. I'll get the developer behind this to dig into it.

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Those pending invites will expire after a couple of days. Hold tight and then you can send out a new batch.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can you not send to any of the potential candidates? I have been able to verify that requests will send to those who have uninstalled Pirate Clan however there may be an issue with accounts that have been completely removed from Facebook.

If there is anything screenshot worthy in terms of the error please capture it and add it to this thread or send through support as that would be much appreciated.

9. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know Smack. And it's a great concept if we can get someone to join. Now just give me my battle crafting drops and you won't hear from me for awhile. And also having world bosses start when one dies instead of having to wait till the end of the week for the next one to open.

10. Patrice Dugas

Patrice Dugas New Member

somewhat of an idea but just promotes ppl to make (more) alts :/ and then inviting them with the beacon

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

These would have to be extremely patient people ;) It is possible but it would take some serious patience and leg work.

12. neill1990

doesnt the person have to be away form the game for 90 days? then you can be give that person a beacon. and then the person has to see it within the 5 days before it disapears off your beacon list. and if the perosn does acept it he then has to play for a few weeks straight getting full GP if they want the full reward. ya that would take literally months of time to do lol. dont think anybodies going to take the time/effort to do all that work but there probably will be some just not many i dont think

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Too bad this isn't available for us on KP2... :(

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im all for bringing players back to the games. Im all for rewarding players that bring players back to the games. What im having a tough time wrapping my head around is that basically u want to reward players that quit. What about the players that have stuck it out?

Im also concerned that a program such as this might entice players to bring back alt or shared accounts just to get the benefits to their main account. My question is...has kano considered this possibility and do they have steps in place to deal with it other than just banning alt/shared accounts as they currently do. We already know that kano rarely bans main accounts so whats to keep these guys n gals from raking in the goodies?

15. Rikki King

Rikki King New Member

I just gotta find out why after 4 years I dont see anything of this on my page???
    Baffled but I aint surprized

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Beacon of Life is in Beta form so we're doing a smaller run at first to minimize any potential issues.

Once this feature is ready for a general release, everyone will get it.

This was explained in my original post. :)

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes this feature is currently Facebook-only.