[LCN] Introducing Raid Boss Events [BETA]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 6, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We’ve been working on a new kind of Boss for a while and are now just about ready to give it a trial run in LCN. Look for the new Raid Boss in game next week!

Raid Boss events will be a little different from previously introduced features, but we think they’re going to be a fun new way for players of all different levels to challenge themselves and work together for awesome rewards!

This feature is in beta. As with most new features, it will likely be less than perfect the first time through. However we will be monitoring how this event goes and gathering player feedback so we can make future Raid Bosses better. In fact, this Raid Boss contains some changes that are a direct result of feedback from the beta we ran in Viking Clan. :)

Overview

Raid Boss Events are Limited Time events lasting 7 days. During this period, players can summon a unique and challenging Boss to fight with the help of their friends.

[​IMG]

Unlike other bosses and events, a Raid Boss can be summoned by Mobsters of nearly any level. Raid Bosses are unlocked using keys, which are occasionally dropped when doing certain Jobs. Keys do not have any use outside of summoning a Raid Boss, and any keys left over after the event can be turned in for rewards. To maximize your chance of finding a Key, focus the highest Energy Job in your Location, as Jobs with larger Energy requirements have better Key drop rates.

[​IMG]

Once summoned, the Raid Boss is fought by a small party of Mobsters with a shared pool of health. Party members are divided into 3 level tiers. You can have up to 10 Party members from each tier for a max party size of 30 Mobsters. To assemble an effective party, we recommend hand-picking your team by using the invite links we provide. If you wish, you can also make your Raid Boss available to anyone by setting it to “Public;” however we caution against doing this as defeating a Raid Bosses usually requires party members to coordinate their actions.

[​IMG]

In addition to attacking, Mobsters in the Raid Boss fight will also have the option to heal the party.

[​IMG]

Raid Bosses are hard - they do a lot of damage and can easily wipe out an attacking party if players are not careful. When a party is wiped out, the Boss will heal, so work as a team and stay on top of your health!

Loot can only be collected by the party when the boss has been defeated. Item drops are divided into tiers with some better (and rarer) than others.

Raid Bosses give good XP, but there is no advantage to dragging out a fight longer than necessary. If you defeat your own boss, you can summon it again as soon as you have enough keys or join another Mobster’s fight.

Don’t join too many Bosses! If you stretch yourself too thin you won’t be able to contribute effectively to the fights you have joined and other party members will have to pick up the slack.

You might want to be selective with who you invite into your Raid Boss party to help ensure you have an active team.

[​IMG]

2. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Im reticent to this but let s see ...

JudyTucker likes this.
  3. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

those absolutely sucked in viking clan...I hope to never see em again!

Mark Spicer and Krimson King like this.
  4. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

some people burned 10,000 stam, and didn't get a single reward. there are no random drops until the boss is defeated. What would encourage more people to do them is to give nice rewarding random drops other than energy. And make sure EVERYONE who does a min # or amount of damage gets a reward, otherwise they blow stam refills for nothing

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We adjusted the Boss Drop rewards from the Viking Clan feedback. Everyone will get a drop when a Raid Boss is killed, although only some will get the rarer items. The more common items will still be good, though!

kevinmalo, Krimson King and Kirsten like this.
  6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new version :)

7. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

This sounds fun. I've few clarifications, Is there a raid boss for every city?(including newest locations) if so all 4 keys required to summon boss can be find in the same city? or different cities? do we have to do jobs in previous cities to summon bosses? does our helping friends health matters?

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is more of a general overview post introducing the concept; we'll do a more in-depth explanation next week.

But to answer the question you posed, during the event there will be one "level" of Raid Boss, with each of the keys to summon it being found across four Locations (one key per Location). Individual Health does matter a tiny bit as that will be taken into account when a new player joins the Raid group (as Raid Group Health is calculated off of every member's Defense and Health stats).

AXXO likes this.
  9. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I'm always for new stuff in games, and on initial reading, this looks cool! However, I heard it didn't work so well when introduced on other platforms, so I do start to wonder why it would work any better here... Will it be different in some way than the raid bosses introduced in Viking Clan?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Mechanically the Raid Boss will be similar to the one from Viking Clan, although this version has had several changes made to it after we got feedback from the first run.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. All for this- really anticipating the arrival in ZS so we have something to do there... Drops will be good, considering I was on 8 boss kills in VC, top on damage on 2 of them and got 0 drops. My little mobster can use many many drops!! Let's all hope that one of those tweeks mi7ch is referring to addressed the fatal flaw in VC boss raid---- the 'sabatuer' :mad:

12. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Cool... Looking forward to it! Next week? :)

13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The Raid Boss is for the players that want to make a lot of levels fast and comfortable and they used to level up by killing smaller bosses and with the battle arena. The difference is, that the smaller bosses quantity and BA its very limited, here the only limit is your free time and how many times can you refill your stamina and energy.

14. Guardian Angel

I just hope this would not unbalance more the game, so now we could level faster?

15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, if you have lots of FPs to spend on refills. If lots will level up fast, maybe we can have a new location next year :))

16. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Very cool, I wonder how the exp is when attacking/healing the raid boss compared to what one usually get with a lvl partner? Is it compareable or much lower? If it's compareable I will spend a ton on refills *winks with a dollar bill to Kano*

17. MobMan

MobMan Member

Looking forward to this :)

18. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In Viking Clan the Xp was comparable with the Xp given by the first few Xp Bosses, and for a healing with 25 energy the Xp was very decent, just like a top adventure/job for 300 energy.

WendelinR likes this.
  19. Guardian Angel

That means the Xp is lower then advancing with level partners(that takes alot of time) but works faster , of course if you use alot of refils

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I don't use a leveling partner but being a mid level in VC the xp was good, and it had some fun aspects to it, the thing is ya gotta make sure the players you invite, understand there are two health bars to watch and the Raid health is the important one, I would hit is maybe 4 times and heal hit 4 times and repeat. If the raid health is ""wiped""" out it was not a good thing at all, and some people did just that out of ignorance or out of spite,Kano has tweaked that part , so we shall see.