[All] interest

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by neill1990, Sep 15, 2013.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well I'm guessing you hoard then, I never did it after my 2 quad achieve. I'm not a squirrel stashing nuts for winter. I want all coin at disposal if chose to do so. Take YOUR bragging rights, not gain from it. PS you get more coin investing it=more coin per hour.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I did the same ..as soon as achievements were completed for my hoard i took all of it out ...and continue to grow it in private..as its no ones business how much gold/coin i have...I like to know that if i want to spend quads or triil's on empire or bounties i dont have to move money around..

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So make separate? Let's just say, go to world leader board "hoard" you can see everyone's, shouldn't that itself be private as well?

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

ya that should be private but kano doesnt want it to be and IMO i dont care if people have alot in their bank it dont bother me. also no i dont store my money but i am uinderstanding for why some do it, couldnt agree more once i got that achievment my money came right out of the bank and i spent it on income. got my income up by 100 bil with all that money it was awesome.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im having difficulty understanding why someone would need to "pause" the "bond".

Yes....somebody may or may not have a lot of coin "tied up" for a long period of time but its their choice as tio how much and for how long. If they "slip"...thats on them....thats kinda the whole idea as far as Im concerned. U either invest and stick with it until the bond has matured or u dont...if u dont than then u are penalized. Its basically no reward with out the risk of consequences. If someone over invests and then has a change of heart regardless of their reasons.....then thats their choice and they have no one to blame but themselves.

As far as all the numbers go that u cited in your next post.....YIKES! Just looking at them makes my head spin....lol. But with that said...nice job on all the hard work. Not to trash your numbers but like i said previously....I think thats better left to Kano, I dont think I've ever actually seen them use the numbers generated from an idea here in the forums. As long as they get the gist of the idea......they're usually pretty good at the whole balancing thing (except of course when it comes to keeping things fair for the higher level thing....lol)

6. polishpimp

I dont understand what your saying when u say a hoarder already gets interest....what interest are they getting? Either their coin is in the bank or on-hand....wheres the interest coming from and what does it have to do with ...."if can beat opponent"?

Whats wrong with hoarding coin? Empire prices go up with every new world , players bounty prices go up when they raise their income, crafting gets more n more expensive and their bounties increase after each time they are listed.....doesnt it make sense to hoard money away so its available when u need it?

7. polishpimp

Whats it going to do to the bounty listings? Make them more expensive? Isnt that the idea? I dont know about you but if some player is messing with me, a friend or simply playing the fool I like to have the opportunity to list them regardless of what it costs. If they had already pissed off a bunch of other people who listed the snot outta them b4 they annoyed me.....Ive always found it a good idea to have a lil extra coin laying around.

8. polishpimp

Your certainly entitled to your opinion and I doubt your alone in yours. But I figured Ide at least try and answer some of your questions. Hoard balances are public because they are a leader board category just like dozens of other stats. I think its important to remember that you dont have to bank your money and if you dont your balance wont be public. As far as losing it/some if attacked and u lose ...thats just one of aspects of the game where u need to choose whats better for u. Like most things in the game actions have pros and cons. In this particular case u either stand to lose a little if u keep it on hand or u choose to let people know how much u have and not lose any. The amount that can be lost is capped at 500k which for most players becomes a pretty insignificant amount.

Myself and other would gladly tie up quads (but it doesnt have to be quads...thats just an example) for a significant time if there was to be a good return on our investment.....its no different than what is commonly done in the real world. Personally I would never tie up all my money as there is always a need for coin on hand. The ideas being layed out here would allow someone to pull out their invested coin early....but with a penalty of course( again.... like the real world). Just like most things should it would require common sense, realistic expectations and a willingness to see it through or pay the price. In addition....the ideas here would allow for diff amounts to be invested for diff duration's.....the interest awarded upon completion would reflect the option chosen.

This would not be a required thing but an opt in thing. It wouldnt cost u a dime if u chose not to participate. However if u wanted that extra coin u got laying around to actually make u a lil extra coin....then this would be an available option.

We do pay fees for for deposits but not withdrawls. The whole point of that is because there is achievements tied to hoard amounts so of course its gonna cost us. The problem however is that the achievement have fallen far behind a large number of players and the bank has become completely pointless. This is in part why this idea was born.....to make the bank have purpose again.

Yes, crafting is expensive as is everything else as u rise in levels and/or players increase their income/bounty. All the more reason for another opportunity to make money .....if u ask me and this idea allows for that.

Bounty listing fees are antiquated system of dealing with a problem that use to be a much larger issue than it is today. "money transfers". Personally I think that whole idea needs to be revised, not only is it outdated but the fees grow to absolutely absurd amounts as ones bounty price increases. Ive seen bounty listing fees as high as 100 trillion. Once a bounty and its fees get that high it basically allows that player to terrorize most other players for 24 hrs because the normal player can no longer afford to bounty them. Its also been proposed and many ideas suggested that Kano make use of all that "bounty listing fee" coin. As it stands now quadrillions of coin are virtually lost to cyberspace when obviously all that coin could be put to good use inside the game. Up until now Kano has chosen not to chime in on any talk about that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  9. neill1990

hey polish the reason i did the numbers is to give people the idea on how much they are going to get per day and also if kano does take the idea this would be one less step of figuring out all of the numbers, so basicly the numbers could be used as guide lines in a way(making it easier for them), but that aside the reason i say you would be able to pause it for 10 FP is because lets just say someone in your family that you cared deeply for is about to pass away and they live in another country . most likly you are going to spend about 2 weeks or more there. and just a senario similar o that. i know that one is severe but it happens to everyone sadly.(maybe not the out of country part though)

10. polishpimp

Wast my intent to come across as being critical of your examples. It was actually very nice of you to take the time to give examples in an effort to make it easier for people to understand what we're talking about.

Thanks for explaining the "pause" thing. As much I think your hearts in the right place....Im gonna have to disagree with having a pause. I just see that as being abused, people can say what ever they want and it would take to much time and resources for Kano to actually verify things of that nature. I understand thats why you included a 10fp fee to deter abuse but I think its a better idea to keep things as simple as possible. 10 fp might be a drop in the bucket depending on how much one has invested. I guess you could make it a sliding scale but once again I think simplicity is the better route. Lets be be real....If i have a death in the family the last thing im gonna care about is if I defaulted on my game investment. The fact is that life happens...computer problems, jobs and family issues are just a fact of life. Much like other aspects of the games like streaks of one form or another they are dependent on one actually being there and playing or at least logging in....I dont see why something like this should be any different. Just my 2 cents

11. neill1990

i understand where your comming from and ya i wouldnt give a **** about the game if my family member died or something sevear happend lol. but ya i see your point there. im thinking about seperateing the 3 ideas into 3 different threads, but not sure if it is worth it, what do you think?

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No 1 thread is enough, not 3 more.

13. polishpimp

Ide just keep it at one for now. Doesnt seem like weve garnered much support , but if u think it woulld make it easier for people to understand then go right ahead...Ide be happy to reply on each ;)

14. neill1990

alright i think ill seperate the 3rd idea from here for now because that is the one that seems to be getting the most veiws. ill do it in a little bit, also ill make an edit with the link to it in this thread. and once the others or if the others get better/more support ill create the others as needed to keep stuff more simple.

15. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I think that people should get interest on the money they vault/hoard/bank after getting all the achievements. How much and how often I don't know but, there's really no use for the bank after getting them achievements.

16. neill1990

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  17. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

lol yeah i gave it 10 stars..couldn't find it lastnight (to be honest i didn't look all that hard) or I'd of just bumped it :p

18. neill1990

its all good. thank you for the rating. i think the interest threads i made are one of my better ideas.

also i gave this a 10

19. neill1990

who moved the thread into this one? because whoever did shouldnt have, they shouldve locked the other thread because it was a duplicate. and i posted the link to this thread and my other one(both about 2 diferent ways of interest just take a look) i think that wouldve been a better idea

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

ive only read bits and pieces of this thread but heres my 2 cents....bank is worthless and pointless beyond the achievements....either make it useful for something besides leaderboard or get rid of it