Increasing XP Payouts on Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, May 21, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

For the next Raid Boss in June, the developers will be increasing the XP payed out per action on the Raid Bosses to make it more in line with what players in Viking Clan and Pirate Clan experience (people who dabble in those games know it feels quicker to level up over there). While the Raid Boss currently offers some of the best XP in the game, we've definitely heard you when you say that the effort put in and the rewards payed out do not feel very rewarding.

So we will be running a test on the XP next Raid Boss. What I need you to do is let me know how the XP gain feels compared to the previous runs. Does it feel appropriate for what you're doing, are you gaining levels at a decent pace, things like that. We are definitely open to adjusting is as need be based on feedback. So June 4 when the Raid Boss returns, try it out and let us know what you think. :)

L1LOne, Xextreem, AlterEgoT and 2 others like this.
  2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

yaaaaay, thnx for the update mitch ;)

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

oh thank goodness!

4. Msean

Msean New Member

Excellent news.

5. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

NICE, thanks!

6. I am quite happy to hear this. I will definitely leave feedback once the next raid launches to let you know how the XP works out versus say, just doing outbreaks / fighting a normal boss :)

7. Don off sorrow

Don off sorrow Active Member

woot nice news for raids :D

8. SkadiForcesOfDeath

SkadiForcesOfDeath New Member

9. Motivation

Motivation New Member

Awesome thank you for showing us you appreciate us.....thank you so much Mitch! weeeeeeeeeeeeee

10. Paul M. McCormick

Paul M. McCormick New Member

I would like to see some sort of punishment for screwing people over on the raid bosses. I think that if a person does not do the 2000 actions then they lose the current amount of Exp for their level if the raid boss is not defeated. So for me at level 1592 (MW LCN), i would lose 134100 exp points. And yes this would be a negative I would have to overcome to get to the next level. I think the success rate would increase. I had 15 out of 30 do 1 pt of action on the current raid boss, while i did over 12% of the damage of the raid boss. IF they are actually are trying this punishment is reduced, such as if they did 1000 out of the 2000 actions, then they only lose half of their exp. Kinda would make sure i did my 2000 actions.

Additionally, if a person attacks and drains the party's health to zero causing the raid boss to regen, then they are killed and lose the normal amount of exp for being killed.

I think these punishments should be implemented for all of the raid bosses in VC/PC/MW LCN/ZS.

Dale Barrie and VRW4114 like this.
  11. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Pirat Clan / Viking Clan are games where you can level very quick, while in ZS the XP needed to lvl raises very quickly.
    Ex: in ZS at lvl 5000 you need around 1.800.000 Xp for one level up, while in VC the Xp needed at lvl 5000 its 150.000, 12 time less.
    In VC with one refill I can do 4 lvls, while in ZS I need 10 refills for one lvlup.
    Now I am curious how can you turn the ZS Raid into a VC/PC Raid Experience?
    The players who want very quick and cheap levelups why dont play with PC/VC instead?

Kirsten, kevinmalo and Dale Barrie like this.
  12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I will reserve my judgment until the next raid to see exactly what "improvements" have been made for myself.

13. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

Level: 5977 552773 / 2437672--ZS sure would be nice to use a refill as and get more than the 300k its gets me now on a raid boss so we shall see how much they improve exp.

14. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yeah, i guess we'll just have to see. oops, sorry. i posted this in the wrong game thread again! :mad: but it still applies to the game i play. at least, i think it does.

15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If the XP payout for 1 stamina will be better than the PVP, then I hope that a 20 stamina attack vs the Raid will count as 20 Fights Won in my stats, while I am hitting this boss staying dead :)

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  16. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

Quote: For the next Raid Boss in June, the developers will be increasing the XP payed out per action on the Raid Bosses to make it more in line with what players in Viking Clan and Pirate Clan experience.

Well i cant wait to get 15k xp from a 30 stam attack for it to be any where near the same as them games

Tony Montana likes this.
  17. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I would love to get that kind of Exp, Dale

18. doosip

doosip New Member

I mentioned this in the other Raid Boss thread, but will be a little more verbose here. The June raid boss I was L500 ish and the XP was awesome. Now I am L1200 ish and the XP seems just a little bit too low. A 5-10% boost would be nice.
    Another nice thing would be if you knew how much XP you'd get from "Collect Reward". Sometimes it is 19k, sometimes it is 50k and I don't remember which raid bosses I've only just qualified for loot on vs which ones I've done 10k attacks on.

19. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

higher level players already have ways to level into oblivion. xp does not need to be increased. and there are plenty of higher level players that still participate in raids even though the xp isn't great, so there is no reason to make any xp changes.