Increasing the number of arena players in pc

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by TheLoved1, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Typical.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If you really wanted to increase participation then KANO should make over the Arena to what it was meant to be. Every pirate for themselves. Get rid of the team play. The way to do that is to just make everyone anonymous so nobody knows who is fighting who. Even those that are trying to team up. Then you would see different results after each one with someone new winning each time and it wouldn't be preplanned like it is now. And you would get more participation also. Right now its just degenerated to the point where in the Facebook PC Arena you have maybe 150 active players (a third of them defensive) and the rest have just signed up for the sign on bonus experience. But if it were truly a free-for-all you would have more people actively participating. And you could have people pick names but just don't make them public until the final rankings after the Arena is over. I'm sure that could be done.

Westcoast Gurl and Kirsten like this.
  3. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

I never sign up when i don't play it , is not worth the exp ...
    I do agree about the players who just hit 100 and then get into def 4-5 hours , is just annoying , since you try to play and level and have a good time . The fact is kano lost alot of players and good ones lately . The solution will be to make the game fair but it has not been lately and some level 2000 has no chance to survive even 2 minutes if he is catched by Ben here :p:p:p
    Serious now arena needs new features like more hits and kills for rewards , getting some sort of protection if you are 5 times lower then a certain level , make it more atractive for others to play in it . I bet there will be alot of players wich have great idea's if Kano has ears to listen.

Kirsten and TheLoved1 like this.
  4. ben

ben Active Member

yes they can raise it but i dont think its really going to do much ... they will still meet it and get some kills and just be more harder to take out ... so it will be back at square 1 ... them getting up in ranks ...

Elle F likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No ,one will mind if they actually "participate" that is the whole Idea, if they have to attack more ( By having the min raised ) and get some kills ( by raising that a bit ) instead of no kills then they get rewarded,it is a starting point in the right direction.:D

Westcoast Gurl likes this.
  6. BitterSweet

Of course they will Ben just think strategy , is not fair when you see half of the top 10 with 100 hits and no kills . Make it for top 10 at least 5000 hits and min of 10 kills , i think is fair for everyone since is a battle arena and no go leach arena. Not everyone wants to battle or likes it then don't sign up , fill up the empty spots with Davey Jones so players will have more chalenges , diifrent types of DJ stronger and weaker ones. I spend ,in a arena when i play ,hours and few refills on dj for stamina and get lots of hits and kills but a lower ranks cause i don't sit on my arsh in def for 5 hours and just 2 . Yes i know they worked hard for a good def , nothing to say about that but they also have to work to get a higher rank not just to collect the better rewards .

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  7. ben

ben Active Member

putting in players that dont play any more is promoting inactivity ...

8. BitterSweet

But there is so Ben , Dj lists daily alot so maybe less then half are still active . Is a fact and we don't have to hide . Make the game more attractive for new players or new features to keep the older ones.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

We are talking about the ones who choose to join, and having to do more than 100 attacks and no kills and ranking in the top 10. Top 10 players need to work for that, not slide by ,(as well as the possibility of adding the DJ players who have left the game, maybe the lower levels can take them out easier ), FB PC arena has way too many who do that . I am sure it won't hurt your game on the old myspace platform with the small amount of players there and you can keep twisting it any way you want, but I believe and have faith that some compromise will be done and again baby steps,in the right direction.

10. ben

ben Active Member

and may i add what will player say when some of these dead acct make a ward ranking ...

11. Kirsten

Well since they cannot activate def mode, I don't see that happening, but it is an idea that could work. Something new to try:)

Westcoast Gurl and BitterSweet like this.
  12. BitterSweet

You won't get any raking without those 100 hits , being a inactive account i don't see how that can happend Ben lol lol unless someone wakes up 5 minutes before the arena and kills them all :p:D That will be fun fun all around

Kirsten likes this.
  13. ben

ben Active Member

i no myself i hit any thing and get kills so who is and who isn't ... i don't think anyone can so yes i will say it will happen ...

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I disagree, but Kano can do whatever it wants. I used to sign up for every single arena in 3 games before the "tweaks" started happening. Now, I only join them if I can make the start times (which is almost never during the week for me). Kano can make whatever changes it wants to "improve" the arenas... and I will change my game play accordingly, if necessary. More than likely, the few active players will be more satisfied, and that's all that really matters, I guess.

15. Kirsten

Good point, they won't be attacking so won't be doing whatever the min hits are so wouldn't even rank in the top 50 lol

Westcoast Gurl likes this.
  16. Kirsten

I only join if I can participate, if something comes up when it starts and I have already joined ,Oh well, then I don't play.It is not gonna ruin my day ;)

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

from what i understand, some changes are already being looked into....not sure which thread it was in but thats what mitch said so hopefully whatever theyre doing will spice things up a bit. ive always loved the arenas, there are things i have disliked about them since the start and thru changes but overall they have been a great addition to the game

Kirsten likes this.
  18. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

i challenge any team who thinks they can beat me and my team out of it ... but let me also say i have won it with out my team being in it and i have done that a few times ... all i am saying is by adding the people in it that dont play any more will put my chances greater to win it ...

ahem. Armada Wars is the TEAM event. Lots of players are bored with Battle Arena. Change is on the way and it cannot come quickly enough.

Demonik1 and Kirsten like this.
  19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

haha wheres the super like link? ;p