In Remembrance of TinkerB

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KuraiKiller, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

On Monday, April 14'th, 2014, Teresa Barnes, aka TinkerB, passed away. She was a dedicated, daily player for years on KP2 and then on Kongregate.

I first played with her on the Kongregate server, and although not friends initially, we slowly became good friends. My initial experiences with her was that of strife. In fact, my first impressions were, "Wow, what a bitch!", but that quickly changed, even though she would totally agree with that assessment. I would bravely attack her and her partner-in-crime, Pretas, which always resulted in my continuous death from their awesome tag-team action. Hundreds of deaths later, they had left their faction and began travelling as a duo. At that point, we had stopped fighting in-game.

With Tink and Pretas now alone, my own partner-in-crime and I started talking with them on a more personal level. We became fast friends, or at least our motives were far more in-line with each other than they had been previously. After a couple Battle Arena's of them and us conflicting, we took the plunge and teamed up together, to share the glory. We owned Battle Arena after Battle Arena, destroying our competition.

We all eventually joined together in our own faction, made up of the misfits of the Kongregate server. Although she was in and out of the faction a few times, she always remained dedicated and a valued ally. Our twice-a-month Ventrilo sessions for Battle Arena were filled with laughs and good times, in no small part because of her.

She eventually broke from the faction for good with Pretas, but that did not deter her from being a friend and comrade. Many late night, often drunken, conversations were had, which I will cherish until my own demise.

I may not of known her in real life, but her impact is no less diminished.

She was a fighter, loyal to a fault, overly honest, totally crazy, and pretty damned awesome. You will be missed, TinkerB.

Farwell, my friend. Rest in peace.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/st...=teresa-marie-barnes&pid=170680939&fhid=15720

http://www.andrewsmortuary.com/sitemaker/sites/ANDREW2/obit.cgi?user=1287843Barnes

http://portcitydaily.com/2014/04/16...fe-always-smiling-and-enjoyed-helping-others/

2. Neutronbomber

Neutronbomber New Member

Yes we had alot of good times, lots of funny memories. She was the best. Thx for writing this bro means alot. The game will never be the same for sure :( RIP my friend-- Pretas

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I didnt know them but they sound as if they were great. Im sy for your loss and enjoyed your words a great deal. TY.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. uccjeb

uccjeb New Member

I was surely hoping this wasn't the same Tink that I knew from back in the day on Myspace games, such as Dead or Alive and Algadon. But alas, it is. :( Tink and I had lots of laughs on the old Myspace, but we lost touch once Myspace went away, except for one or two brief exchanges on Kano ZS. She was always in a good mood and had laughs and smiles and hugs and kisses for everyone... hell, even her game enemies. Hate to hear this news. R.I.P. sweet girl.

And not sure if this pic link works, but this is the pic she used forever on Myspace, and this is the smile I do and will remember.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....1.0-9/388783_108530962674850_1043592619_n.jpg

5. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Hard to find good friends on these games.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It definitely sounds like Tink made quite the impact on anyone she came across. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

7. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

A gift in her honor? Someone gonna request it?

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If someone would like to submit a ticket to Support, we'll certainly do what we can. :)

9. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

Hey people,

I spoke to the team about creating a custom gift item in Teresa's memory and we think it would be a really nice thing to do.

Right now we're going through the processes of arranging to have Tink's games closed out, but while we're doing that, does anyone who knew Teresa well have ideas they'd like to share as far as what type of item we should create? Normally we try to make something that reflects their personality or symbolizes something they enjoyed doing.

Feel free to toss some ideas our way!

10. uccjeb

uccjeb New Member

That would be awesome. I know there'd be some copyright issues with using anything with "Tinkerbell" but could still slide by with "Tink"? maybe something like Tink's pixie dust, magic wand, then a vehicle of some sort (whatever a tinkerbell might ride, like a badass looking butterfly or something?) *shrug* just spitballing ideas

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think even using tink might come too close but the idea has merit, maybe instead of using tink you could use fairy instead, everyone that knows would know who it was for....Beloved Fairy Wand would be a good rememberance

12. uccjeb

uccjeb New Member

agreed... something along those lines would be great

13. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

Thanks everyone, those ideas give us a solid place to start. I've passed all your comments and suggestions along to the art team.

We'll post an update when we're ready to release - shouldn't take us more than a few business days at most. :)

14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

also, some kind of shield or plate with TB in the center would be nice as well

15. uccjeb

uccjeb New Member

saw some discussion in the chat feed and thought I would chime in...

It seems that there were (at least) at couple of other players that passed away in the last year or two. I wasn't aware, because I haven't been on the forum much and don't always see the chat feeds (they don't load at work, due to firewall). I could definitely see where that would seem a little insensitive to do something for one and not for the others. So I propose that maybe we just do a more generic "In memoriam" type item(s) that would be a tribute to all the slayers who have left us too soon. Just my 2 cents.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@uccjeb When it comes to life events such as births, engagements, marriage or the passing of friends and family members, most players choose to experience these things privately and not involve Kano/Apps in any way. However, if a player would like to contact us and make a request that acknowledges the impact an event has on them and other players, they're more than welcome to contact us and we will always do our best to accommodate.

We're certainly not trying to be insensitive and we are always open to these types of requests if players feel inclined to contact us about it. I'll definitely share your thoughts with the team, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.