In-game messaging, guild applications

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Rag Na Rok, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Getting frustrated at the situation where someone applies to join a guild and they are not yet clan. There is no specific pre-written message to select for this, other than 'let's be clan allies, add me' or 'come join my guild [whatever]' - you'd think that second one might do it actually, but to my experience, it doesn't seem to. I wish there was something better in place, or a way for Guild Leaders to send a 'freestyle' message, not confined to the pre-written selections, that is only available between them and the applicant. I'm sure this would ease this process. Any other thoughts on this..?

2. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I agree with you Rag. I find it frustrating that someone applies to join my guild and rather than just reject their application, I want to explain why they cannot join. So I have to apply to be friends & clan with them so that I can talk (with a 200 word limit) to explain why they are unable to join e.g. I already have a full guild or I already have 10 clan alliances when it is an alliance request etc. If as guild leader I could chat then that would be more sensible. I can understand that someone might be attracted to a certain guild and want to join it even though they are not clan with anybody in it, but it is a bit laborious to go through applying to become friends with each other so that you can at least have a conversation.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Good luck on this ever happening

4. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Do I detect a slight hind of sarcasm in your reply?

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Ragnarok/Brosnik I've moved this to ideas to make it easier for other players to give feedback. I think it's an interesting idea, and I'd like to know if that's something other players would be interested as well.

@TP Please review Wheaton's Law

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Considering your track record, I'd say that comment is very truthful as well as fitting. By the way, have you had a discussion on my idea that you like to pass off as "considering" yet?

7. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Very true and that is what I do as I am sure other Guild leaders & officers do. Perhaps then, what we could do with is a brand new button that says some thing like 'Alliance vacancies' which could also be turned on and off like the recruiting button. I get a bit fed up with the number of requests for guild alliances that I get but don't want to be rude and just 'deny' the request, especially if the leader is already clan. I would like to maybe build relationships with that guild but my alliances are actually full. What I have done in the past with some requests like this is that we both agree to turn secrecy off for a season/week and each encourage our guild members to clan with members of the other guild. Then at the end of the week the secrecy is reactivated if so required and you are then unable to see the other guild any more so cannot clan with each other. It's a bit laborious but is a way of building clan and gaining a friendly guild when we are only allowed 10 alliances in total. An alternative solution to this one is raise the alliance ceiling to say, 20. That would be even quicker and easier for the devs to do.