Improving competition and stability in Faction seasons

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry Denton, 10 people outperforming 25 should be the best. Dont agree.

If thats the case.

Then make 10 people factions instead of 25.

The Faction GP Dailys isnt the issue.

Its the Cheaters that are ruining it with their multitude of Alts..

Not all the Major Factions but alot of the Major Multi Factions are Flooded with ALTS. Plain and SIMPLE.

Get rid of the FREE BONUS BS.

That will RID some if not a majority of the Problem..

2. alka

alka Banned

I agree. There is more chance of 9 alts and 1 player winning that 24 alts and 1 player winning.

If peeps gotta cheat to win it then I say scrap it and return Factions back to what they should be, fighters who cover each others backs, etc.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

How many players are in a faction should not account for being at the top. That makes an opening for people to make multiple accounts and win. Should have NEVER been a factor period. Im truly sorry if it would effect how well your faction will be able to rank, but filling spots with meaningless accounts should not overpower a group of less but more active players. Isnt having more accounts to do the job an advantage enough?

by the way removing the XP bonus will not do anything. Ever think maybe the motives of the 25 alt faction was not to get XP for accounts that they dont give a hoot about, but maybe They where just MOCKING the whole system, showing all the current trophies for what they are. A worthless steaming pile of feces.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  4. slave

slave Member

i dont understand how you think 9 alts and one real player will win, if they use PLAYING STATS. Like total attacks, total wins, total outbreaks, total helps, total bosses killed. if you honestly and truly believe one person and 9 alts will outperform 25 real playing people.....

then i dont know what to tell you
    but if ten real playing players had more fight wins, more outbreaks, more hitlists collected, more boss, challenge and outbreaks helped than a full faction of 25, then hell yeah they are better...why wouldnt they be? size or fullness of the faction should not be a parameter of winning, but real playing stats should be....you got one beast in your faction that can skew things all the better for you, but im betting every faction has a player like that or more, cuz that full faction of 25 getting beat by ten active players....that would tell you where the alts are....if you really want to know

5. I agree, if game points are uncapped it shouldn't matter how many members there are in any given faction. If game points are uncapped and a faction is utilizing alt accounts to try and stay a head of other factions they will be forced to log on their alts multiple times a day thus making it much easier for Kano to spot the alts and their faction.

I've never been a huge fan of uncapping game points due to the fact that I see Daily Gamer Points as the dues members pay to their factions (Faction Dues) and uncapping them is inherently raising my members dues.
    At this point in the game my faction is no longer attempting to rank on the faction leadsboard. We would prefer to have fewer members who are more active in the fighting, Taking Care of Business, aspect of the game than to have a full 25 members half of which aren't punching, attacking, hitlisting, KILLING our rivals. In light of this it is in our best interest now days TO uncap Daily Gamer Points.
    The biggest problem I see with uncapping is all the players who have been Loyal to their faction, the players that get their 1,600 DGP's each and every day but also have active life styles and can't spend 12 hours a day 7 days a week sitting at the computer. These players will most likely be removed from the faction they have been Loyal to for months or years and replaced with players who can be online for long periods of time on a daily basis.
    All in all I am supporting the uncapping of DGP's now days.

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

I cannot speak for everyone. but it would only make sense That a good leader put in this position, Would ask one of thier loyal, but less active players, to open another faction with the same name. Much like there is 4 Templar Clan factions.

Im sure if points where uncapped, the who is in what Temp faction would be shifted around. Doesnt leave anybody "left out". Only organizing to create the best representation for the name :)

7. I understand what your saying, just want to clear up the fact that there are only 2 Templar Clan factions.
    (Templar Clan and TEMPLAR CLAN)
    Any others are not official Templar Clan Factions and if you can hook me up with the links to any others I would enjoy killing them repeatedly. ;)

8. alka

alka Banned

What I'm saying is that it would be easier to win with less alts than it would if you had to use 25.

The Faction name is a farce.
    It should be called the GP's Group because very few fight as a team.

I guess a lot of people will be disappointed when a Faction starts up with guys who are on here full time. I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, I'm just saying the Factions of today will look a whole lot different tomorrow with one Super Faction winning all the time, just like what's happening in the Arena.

For a start, each member of the group will de squad and attack each other 40 times a day, so attacking own Faction needs to be stopped or any new system will be no better than the old one (full of cheating).
    Factions will need to employ members or Alts at lower levels where Fight Lists exist, because they sure as hell won't get a fight List after around level 900. So having high level players will be a disadvantage.

I would like to see points deducted for losing a fight, being listed, being killed by pk and not finishing a Boss.
    Hit list fights should not be included as this will encourage guys to list Faction members who will ride the list while their Faction members slowly attack as many times as they wish ( another reason to stop Factions attacking each other).
    If bosses are included in the equation then a 10 stam hit should count and not a 1 stam.

I guess it comes down to the old cliche "be careful what you ask for".

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

I am totally in agreement that some changes of the amounts of points, and the way that they are earned will have to be changed.

What i dont agree, that faction memebers attacking eachother should be illegal. Hell we already do that! Its not for faction glory, its a lack of fight list.

Attacking faction on hitlist, That has to stay... but id like you to consider this. You get no XP after just a short while of attacking somone on hitlist, weither you win or not! so here is the catch 22 if somone tried to rack up thier gamerscore by attacking a rider.. they would be hurting themselves because they would be wasting stamina that they could use to level up, and score higher points than they would by just attacking one person.

Losses taken out of GP credit?? that one is arguable to me. I dont really see the need in it tho... people would not attack and loose just to get some more points, for the same reason... they need to level up, to get a higher score. You may see poeple wasting stamina that they where not going to use anyway on a few losses. but in my eyes... that would be good for the game! more rivals :)

another reason for losses to still count for gamer points, is I should be credited with some points if somone is on list that I cannot beat, but i still try to kill them.

Maybe points given for a loss should be changed to 1/3 of a what a win is, instead of half?

I agree totally with the boss help thing. The more stamina you put in to help, the more help points you should get.

As far as people creating a super faction. Zombies is a free world. That is not going to be easy to do. We all have our friends... You'll find fewer people will be ready to leave thier friends behind, just to join some group that will get a virtual trophy.

Everybody has more active, and less active times. So the scores will be changed, and different groups will win each week.

I didnt create this idea just so i could win. I created the idea to make it fair. If there is one group out there that truly outplays everyone, or if one was created after, that they outplay everyone. and they win every single week. It would still be a fair win.

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

If everyone wants to argue and conform an idea, that will allow thier faction to win the little trophies, We will NEVER reach an agreement. but we can argue what is fair. THAT my friends, is a solution we can reach.

and as for alka.This thread is to create a fair faction competetion. Not to totally eliminate a faction competition. I've seen you around theese forums since i joined. Its rare few and far between that you ever input anything other than just craping all over everything. and even tho ive rcently seen you support my idea about 22 hour boss regeneration you where "Afraid that you had to".

as what you're saying about most factions that never defend eachother, IF you will support unlimited points. What you are supporting is activity, the folks that DO defend eachother. Taking away the need for just a login, and making it about who plays! Weither you agree with every game action made by those people are irrelevent.

In a good faction, your fellow members want you to take them down from the list, because that will deter an enemy from listing you again. You might HATE it, because you lack the teamwork to pull theese moves off, so maybe you should join a fighing team that will help you get this way.

You dont like that friends attack eachother to get more wins, but its perfectly legal. We have such a short fight list to NOT do it. Its not my fault that the group that you are in would complain and whine because they dont want to be attacked at all.

If you try to take away theese actions from game play, all that you are doing is giving more power to people that have multiple accounts, and taking away power from the people that play with thier friends.

Stop being so selfish.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  11. alka

alka Banned

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve. Feel free to promote constructive criticism if you find issues with my comments.

So far you have shown nothing that would help to improve the competition in a fair and honest manner. In fact, you have only chosen to focus on the loopholes that would help YOU win it.

I comment on the views not the person, so if you posted a good idea I would give credit where credit was due.
    Try it sometime:)!

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

Here's the thing, I am in a faction of a full 25 members... and we Rank just fine. I get a great xp bonus at the end of the week. Its not from a self concerned position at all, so you can never make it that.

My original idea posted, yes I was in a faction of 6 highly active memebers that would have placed much better with this idea... but if you pay close attention I was personally NUMBER ONE in gamerpoints, I had more to loose personally, than i had to gain for my group. The idea was proposed to shut the cheaters the hell up about how they are the best faction in the game.

Where i come out in the wash at the end I have no clue honestley Some weeks i play like crazy, others i barley have the time to log in... What i do know if all your game actions where counted, whoever did beat my faction in a competition, would be the ones that played harder than we did, and well deserve it, and not some scum that thinks they are better than everybody just because they share passwords/have many faces.

13. Most of the bigger "SuperFactions" are full of alts.

Get rid of the Faction Bonus Points, Enough of the Free EXP BS in this game as it is.

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

I hate repeating myself.

15. LOL, The cause of making more alts and cheating got worse when it came along. You cannot deny that and if you are, then you are not that smart my friend.

That free experience is Worthless and this is coming from a Guy (Me) thats Faction has been the most consistent faction in the last year.

18 brains and only 3weeks out of the Top 10 in over a year.

We dont need the Free exp. We need the game to get cleaned up from all the cheaters in it.

Its bad enough that Kano has allowed those that spend money in this game to play more than 1 Character. That fact is true.

There are more than a few of the Top Elite Tier players in Lvls that have Multiple Accounts and Play Daily and nothing is done about it.

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

You're obsessed with this xp reward arent you?

Im fine with it going away, but it will not solve the problem. Taking away the absolute need to fill an empty position, and giving the same credit for that spot weither they played for 3 minutes for 6 hours will.

You're focused on the wrong thing man. People are going to try and cheat thier way up to the ranks XP bonus or not.

Look at the top spot for max won and max listed leaderboard. I hope he feels like "NUMBER1" because nobody else does.

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

I have another silly suggestion.... How about kano pings the IP adresses and login activity from all accounts in the top 10 factions everyweek :)

250 to check? seems reasonable to do in a whole week doesnt it? how about the top 3 factions? 75 sounds like a cake walk for 7 days.

They'll start dropping like flies anyway will only take a few weeks to weed out everyone cheating to the top ranks :)

Cheaters,
    That look on your face is priceless!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If you want to keep the contest about who is full in logs in everyday... I say you should have your work checked over to make sure its legit.

I invite that to ANY faction competition the top 3 or10 be checked for suspicious activity weekly,

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  18. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

Great about time doing something with the factions as it stands ATM it is boring, how about increasing faction sizes, tallying up pks fights boss kills catching bounties etc. As it is a fighting game after all would be great to incorporate this better into the factions. Definitely keep hold of awards for top placements of factions.

19. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

Would live to see these caught and banned as I have reported some certain account sharing alt a few times but have now given up due to no action. I have found out tho alot of these people use a proxy to hide they're ips.

20. meezy

meezy Member

I for one, would love to see alts go. After seeing whats happened with Worlds End and how that game has gone to the toilet..its obvious that ZS has a problem. Exactly how to remedy it though, isnt quite so clear. I dont think that the gp's and favor points are a problem. They help people to build their characters the way they like. It makes the game enjoyable for them..thats not a bad thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.