Images NOT fixed

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Blazing Sadie, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Blazing Sadie

Blazing Sadie New Member

The news feed says the image issue is resolved. However, everyone I have talked to says their images are TOTALLY messed up. Can we please throw some attention on this. It is almost impossible to play the game.

2. NikkixNympalette

NikkixNympalette New Member

I can't see anywhere to click... /:

3. agent tex

agent tex New Member

i have said that i am still having problems but they for some reason have not replied yet

4. Ace

Ace Member

They're probably aware of it already, but anyway, just in case I'll add too, the image's are still messed up.

5. Jager

Jager Member

Just tried to play and its worse than it was earlier. The only part that is visible is the News Feed.

6. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Mine is worse than earlier too, a lot worse. It is a little better on Safari but it is nearly unplayable on Firefox.

7. Ahad

Ahad Member

Uhmm theres blank white squares all over all the buttons i have to click to get to doing stuff. It's just a good thing i learned where the top-bar buttons were so i could click them before they had finished loading on my phone.
    The background image takes a lot of loading, and why do the show / hide bosses buttons have to load last, and sometimes not at all? It's really frustrating to try and do bosses from a phone as you can only get into the top 2 squad bosses.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have been told by our image hosting provider that they will have the issue fixed by 11pm Pacific Time.

The interruption to service is unacceptable and we will be looking to get our images moved over to an alternate solution as soon as possible.

9. Ahad

Ahad Member

Would it not be possible to have backup, identical images stored on another filehosting server?

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Going with a single provider shouldn't isn't the issue. This is the first issue that we have had with this provider of this scale and we have been using them +2-years now but it is time for us to move to some alternate solutions.

I apologize for this issue.

11. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

Still messed up my friend

12. Hated

Hated Member

it would be great to see you guys host from your own servers, Cmon guys what will it cost, only a couple of $ per month... G' you probly have the available space sitting there..
    (understanding this isnt yoru issue, but this is a solution for the future, as depending on out side servers isnt 100%)

wich brings me onto my next topic, New servers, i know you guys dont want to spend cash, but a IN GAME message wall would be great.. "of corse you will think this can lead to obsenittys, but with all the people out there reporting every minute of the day things will be hard to miss, and you could easrly introduce a filter into wall messages..

this would save the hassle of "pre-made messages" and will allso allow otehr memebrs to link up and fight for friends with out the need of sharing links out side of the app...

13. Angel

Angel Member

why is it just the Zombie Slayer pictures? the other apps are on photobucket too

14. SirCinematic

SirCinematic New Member

I've been wondering the same thing. Why only THIS game?

At first I thought it was just a time zone thing, It's been at least 10 hours since the images were "fixed" and mine still is messed up.

15. Slayer

Slayer New Member

it's probably "just the Zombie Slayer pictures" if you don't have the images from ZS in your cache. i can play sort of okay if i use a browser that hasn't had the cache cleared in a while - some stuff is messed up, but not everything like if i use firefox (i clear the cache regularly on firefox). not that i feel like switching browsers all day long though!!!

HEY KANO - why don't you just store your images somewhere else and update the code to reflect the updated image locations? i know it's not a ten minute fix but this is ridiculous.

i wonder if other websites that use crappy photobucket are having the same problem?

16. Ahad

Ahad Member

It's not any of you at KANO's fault, at all. Shoddy filehosting service is uhm.. Not all that great at times.
    Thank you for the apology as it seems to be fixed to a playable standard and the other apps stayed working fine, i just feel sorry for those that only play ZS from the KANO family of apps =/

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice there was a second page but i haven't slept i think i might go do that now.

17. TrojanManOG

TrojanManOG New Member

are you saying that a company should host their own images on their own servers? that madness!? who would have ever thought of something like that?! OMG my brain is boggled by this suggestion. And how dare you insult photobucket! /end sarcasm :p

18. Angel

Angel Member

I have not deleted any cache, if they were deleted automatically the other pictures would have been deleted as well I guess.

I'm also wondering, why some pictures like the challenge pictures p.e. have different urls, one picture and two or three, maybe 4 urls (pirates zombies, vikings and mobsters?).
    Also I was wondering, why the issue are changing somehow. Sometimes pictures from bosses or items are messed up und not shown, sometimes others pictures are lost and the bosses are back again... as it is some kind of a virus oO

Anyway, it is getting worse and worse and the game is atm almost impossible to play, please do something, KANO!

19. malific

malific Member

I was doing quite okay last night, but I cleared my cache right now to try to solve the ones that didn´t show and it got me this:

[​IMG]

So I just wanted to let you all know it´s still messed up.

20. Angel

Angel Member

lol, nice shot ^^ they are just doing a little work right now :D