ideas for all four apps

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Samiam Fourever, Jul 5, 2015.

1. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I'm with you 100% If they did indeed cap the raids even as low as 10, it would not affect me but, I would feel for the others that can and do join and work more. Still, I'm happy with the way it is :)

2. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

ive said it for awhile limit of 15 raids at any given time when one is beat you may join another they are becoming so popular its becoming very hard to join them since everyone is doing them now, they put cap on other areas challenges for example so everyone has a chance to get them so why not the raids, i dont want the cap but that would make it fair not saying a total limit of all to be completed just no more than 15 running at one time i think is plenty. If you say you can do more help focus on 1 then move on to next it would slow the people just doing min. also if they are wanting more drops too.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes but all that is required is the min and in the some of the other games, that is not hard to do, alot of the problem is low levels open them and depend on others to take it down, being more selective in the ones we join , instead of a frenzy where spot takers take a spot, never come back, others join too many at once and forget to come back, there are so many variables that go into what happens with these raids, and I actually see a slowing down of people at least from where I am looking that the raids are losing their allure for the higher levels, it is mostly the new and or alt accounts opening alot, I know for me I join mostly ones I am invited to, a few public where I know I am taking a chance, and even invited people just take spots, and do not even do the min. So seems to me there is no way to guarantee people will all do the right thing, no matter what.

4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I would not like to see a cap on the raids as to how many someone can join. That shouldn't matter at all. What should matter is if people take a spot and don't do the minimums needed, they leave the raid party not healed or they kill the raid. That is the big problem and it should be the main concern of the raids.
    If I have the DJ's or the money to spend on the DJ's to join in as many raids as I can and level up like crazy, it should be up to me how many raids I care to join, as long as I am doing right by the raid owner and other people on the raid. But capping me on how many I can join would be like saying I can only do so many adventures a day, so many coop bosses, etc. We are capped on enough things - mainly helping on adventures and challenges.
    Also as Kirsten stated, low levels open them and then depend on high levels to kill them off. If anything needs to change on this, people should be a certain level before they can open a boss. It would be more beneficial to all in the long run I think.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Sir Opinion Alot

i just was noticing its a mad frenzy at first and can get hard for people to join in, i was having a hard time jumping in some at the first cause the 2 top tiers was filling up with so many and i was thinking if this keeps up its only the same people getting into these bosses and they are the only ones getting the drops and if that continues then it not fair to other who would like to join but cant because of these effect. I not say a total just at given time this way some people do have the chance to jump in them, I guess its the time frame i am on and noticed them all being filled and less chance to get in on them, so yeah its not fair that people can hoard all the spots you, if you could take a second and step back if you was seeing this and happening to you how can you say it is fair.

6. Kirsten

I wait for my invites calmer and cooler that way, or I open my own , me personally I rarely join public ones anyway , does not guarantee some slacker won't be invited , but for the most part it works out better, we have a few raid boss groups on FB especially for VC and PC also and no slackers are members :)

7. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I hate getting shafted by raid killers or lazy people who dont do their work

Kirsten likes this.
  8. graveyardgabby

FYI - Except for a very few people that actually solo their raids, everyone that opens a raid depends on others to help kill them off. I don't know why you guys have so much hatred for low level players but, if you don't change your attitude, your favorite game will die off as older players quit and new players that come don't stay because they are tired and frustrated by the elitist nonsense in these games. On one hand you want a cap and complain that there are no spots for you while on the other you whine about low levels opening a raid that you won't join or work because it is public or belongs to someone you don't know (i.e. a low level). You don't want to join a low level's raid then don't. If it doesn't get finished, it's no loss to you and none of your business.

cat likes this.
  9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I play PC on Facebook and this is from my take there. I don't have any hatred for low level players, so please don't lump me into your grouping. We were all little levels at one time. My problem with the low level players are the players who haven't been playing even 30 days opening a raid because they can or joining one because they can, not bothering to read the help/info section and then killing the raid party twice. Good thing someone can only kill one twice now. These new low level players also level up so fast that they haven't a clue about how the game really works. They end up making themselves very weak in the game and then they burn out because it isn't quite what they expected.
    I don't have any problems getting raids. I have more than plenty to put my stamina, energy and DJ's into. I don't have a problem joining a raid of someone I am not clan with and/or don't know either.
    The problem with joining raids that are public is that many times if you join one, there tends to be an undesirable element that joins them who likes to only hit and not heal their final damage. Then the next person that comes along has to use their energy to heal it before they can hit and that just is not right to my way of thinking. My energy is to be used for healing my damage, not someone elses damage from their last hit where they chose not to heal.
    To say that if a raid doesn't get finished, it's no loss to people and none of their business, I beg to differ. If a player has poured their stamina, energy and DJ's into a raid in an effort to help and the boss doesn't get killed off, it is their business. It is supposed to be a "team" effort to kill off a raid boss. Some people are not just into the leveling, but they also want that end loot reward for their trouble.

10. Sir Opinion Alot

I for one do very good on the raids i join alot off the wc I was just pointing out that as they go there seems to be a harder time joining and if that pattern keeps up sooner than later you all willl see this issue as the tier 2 people move up and more n more want in on them and there aint enough spots the way they level until the 3rd tier makes it easy for alot to get there, I used to join 100 raids when they started and now its became hard to join over 20 it dont bother me but putting in the limit would hurt me in the long run but I am looking at other perspective, the long total outcome of the raids when you start having 80% drop in the total raids you can join it should say something and it aint that they are not in the world chat i just know on facebook if your not looking at worldchat when they are posted your lucky to find one if you scroll up and it used not to be like that. I still done about 25 already and 20 more to work on but what im saying i can see people out there having harder and harder time joining lots of bosses and all the caps we have in place is done for the fairness of everyone getting there fair share so yes a cap on the raid bosses seem just as reasonable as caps on boss bonus xp and challenge xp also the limit on job assists. So thats why the cap should be place to keep the fairness of everyone getting there fair share if you are the lucky one that kills many and have a group then why not focus on one and open the spot outta the 15 we are suggestion and find another when that is beating or open another one.

11. Kirsten

As it is FB PC raid this week could use some tier adjustment , Mitch , before I forget to mention it we have a lot that have moved up since the last raid , thanks

12. Kirsten

I do not feel there needs to be a cap and I would be very surprised if Kano would make one,but it is up to kano

13. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Jamey, I'm going to be quite honest with you now. Many people send invites to private raids and also there are several raid boss groups. This has been done in order to keep out the undesirable element of players - those who won't heal their damage, those who purposely kill off raids, etc. This is why you are not seeing as many raids perhaps as you once did.
    If you were joining 100 raids when they started, you certainly leveled up very quickly since you were putting in a ton of stamina and energy. You also had to of used a ton of DJ's when doing that. Which, that is your business how much money you spend with Kano and I for one, don't care how much money you put into your game. It's yours. :)
    The most raids I have ever done was around 25. That was a bunch for me and I hit with lots of damage and healing too. All of which costs me in DJ's. I rarely open a raid myself. Why?? Because I have had problems at times getting the keys where I have had to put DJ's into getting them. I'd rather use my DJ's for something else other than the keys. The last few raids, the keys have dropped better though.
    I don't know about all the other PC players, but I get "raided out". I joined 21 raids last time and I also wrote down what item I got after the raid was completed just to see what I got. lol But I still have adventures to do from leveling up. Coop bosses that I haven't really worked and I want the loot from those, as they and some of the adventure loot is used for crafting. Crafting makes a stronger pirate. If it didn't, it wouldn't be made available to the players. Some people don't want to work coop bosses or craft and that is the way they want to play, why should I care????
    Same thing on these raids though. If someone wants to join 100 raids, as long as they are doing right by the raid party and owner of the raid, why should anybody care how many they join? See my point here on putting a cap on the number of raids someone can join?
    I still say no cap on the number of raids that someone can join. Join 1 or join 100. I don't care either way. Your money, your time, your game.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Sir Opinion Alot

i totally understand where you coming from im just looking 6 months down the road with way i see them filling up its going to get to the point there aint enough to go around is what i feel is going to be the problem and to fix the problem its like the challenges you wouldnt like it if there was no cap on them and you couldnt get any im just saying this will be the next problem. Mark my words im looking in the future and not the hear and now what is going to happen when everyone is tier 3 and fighting over spots take that in consideration is all im asking

15. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be a problem with not finding raids unless you DO ask for a cap on them. People won't be inclined to open more than one, rather than two and perhaps three if they are able to kill them off quickly. If everyone is in tier 3, then they will find that in the rest of their game, they have leveled up way too fast. Also Kano is going to be more inclined to change the tiers I would think, more so than putting a cap on them. Putting a cap on the raids is going to make a difference in their coffers and they aren't going to do something that will hurt that.

16. Kirsten

That already happens and has been happening in VC and PC , so groups and invites are the way to go, for me ,no fighting over spots. :)

17. graveyardgabby

Perhaps, if the concern is that their will not enough vacant spots in the future, instead of a cap or an adjustment of tiers, maybe it would be better to add a forth tier and give the future raids bosses more health.

18. Sir Opinion Alot

I have never said a cap, just a limit you are allowed to be in at one given time. Everyone complains people join so many and do min. this would stop people from join 50 and doing min. on them all or alittle more than min. this would force more to put in more effort in the ones they are participating and if they have resources for more when 1 is dead you can join another so there is no cap. You still could do more this just slows the problem of people joining ever single raid they come across.

19. Sir Opinion Alot

More health wont work they had it like that in VC with the very first raid and it was ridiculous trying to beat them

20. graveyardgabby

The problem is, some people do raids for the loot while others are doing them more to level up. The ones doing a tremendous amount of work on one boss are likely interested in leveling as opposed to the gear. We each play to suit our own goals and style. On regular bosses, I don't hunt for drops since, they take too much of my very limited stamina and don't give me as much towards my strength as doing min on several bosses since, the worthwhile drops don't come very often at my level. Also, the crafts at my level are worthless considering what I can get from the min damage rewards on the bosses that are generally available. This same philosophy carries over into raids. Though most seem to think otherwise (I'm a newer lower level player), raids does very little to help me level and, I am not at all interested in leveling anyway. I'd rather gain levels at a natural pace. The only appeal raids has for me and I'm sure for a great many players is the gear. So, expecting that all players will want to or indeed should do more than the minimum on a raid boss is a little off track I think. This game is designed to allow many different styles of play and to provide players with different goals to meet those goals. I see nothing wrong with those players that want to level and spend on a raid doing tons of actions anymore than I fault those that would rather do min and move on. This is no different than the way all other bosses are treated in this game.

Maybe they need to include random gear drops in raids in addition to the min actions rewards to help those that do more actions feel as if though their efforts were more worthwhile and encourage more players to do more actions on a boss that they join. It would also give a little something to those that work a raid boss only to see it fail to be killed in the end.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015