[All] IDEA FOR ALL KANO APP’S: Kano developers should integrate a “NEW MEMBER” LIST

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by GATMAN, Jul 27, 2015.

?

Should Kano developers integrate a “NEW MEMBER” LIST into each game as laid out in my post

1. YES

91.7%
  2. NO

8.3%
  1. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

IDEA FOR ALL KANO APP’S: Kano developers should integrate a “NEW MEMBER” LIST

Ever since the loss of the “social network” on myspace, along with the fact that most people don’t want 1000 random “friends” on their facebook (this is why I don’t play FB games), it has been and continues to be increasingly hard for people to get to their 1000 mobbies/chieftains/pirates.

I started playing Viking Clan about 112 days ago. I have scoured the leaderboards and all of the clans to send out invites. This has been extremely time consuming and has resulted in 595 total chieftains. I already have 511 hired chieftains which were easier to obtain than the invite system due to the awesome free point’s payout system that was never around when I started mobwars.

It has to be a frustration of every new player to kano games….Not being able to find enough people that will accept your invite. A LOT of the upper levels will not add new people.

THE SOLUTION:

Kano developers should integrate a “NEW MEMBER” LIST. Locate it in the “Chieftains” “MOB”, “Captains” tab.

· Every new member of the app should be on this list for 14 days

· The list should include 2 buttons to the right of each new person’s name: the “INVITE” button and the “GIFT” button

· Promote the concept of senior players adding the new recruits by a reward system such as 1% xp bonus, which is currently used in the challenge assists, for every new recruit invite from this specific list.

I hope this idea is implemented and quickly to. The forum is to cluttered and very impractical as a “add me train” and there is no other resources available for new players. This might help motivate those new players to stick around for more than just the raids.

killer karaman, Jasmine and khillk29 like this.
  2. khillk29

khillk29 New Member

I fell this is a good ideal, I know this because when I started it was hard to get people to join my clan.

GATMAN likes this.
  3. Tina

Tina New Member

I like the idea I agree we need new blood in the game but most people give up because the can't grow there mob up.Maybe this way if the higher plays get something for adding new players more might add them .Thumbs Up

4. I agree with Gatman, but there should be some incentive for us "upper level players" to add the "newbies". After all adding "newbies" doesn't benefit us in any way, but the benefits to the "newbie" are extensive... higher level bosses, their bosses can be killed with very few stamina (and next to no xp to be gained by helping in theier bosses).
    OR
    There could be a New Players tab added in the world chat in addition to the existing tabs (World, Syndicate, Jobs & Groups) with a auto timer (like the 30 day new player protection) that will delete the new player from the list after the alotted tme has expired.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    GATMAN likes this.
  5. Mitchel Piquet

Mitchel Piquet New Member

well said GATMAN!!! Finaly a man with a perfect view

GATMAN likes this.
  6. DBK MERCILESS CLEANER aggrees with this

7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I do include a reward concept in my original post. Its 1% xp payout, much like the challenge assist. Thanks for your other idea as well.

8. MobMan

MobMan Member

It's easy to get full mob on fb without adding to friends list, you can use the invite codes or links. Not so easy on server 2 as there doesn't seem to be a lot of active players.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Fb is easy yet takes time to get your clan we do NOT need this on FB at all I cannot help wonder why people choose a Non social network to play on for whatever reason then want a step ladder to compensate for their own choice

10. Kirsten

That is true there are not enough players there anyway in FB most of us clan newbies all the time , helps them out ,It is nothing for long term players to do so

11. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

IT wasnt a bad choice from players: The KP2 server is a result of myspace dropping all the game app's, which removed the potential for new member invite/hunting. Not sure how you can call this a step ladder to compensate for their own choice, perhaps you didnt know why KP2 server was created to save all the players from the myspace shut down.

The invite codes work, but no where to the effectiveness of what im asking for.

killer karaman likes this.
  12. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

It's a good idea and I already do this for my guild. I look thru the feed and when I see new players, I post their links in my Guild Chat. Then anyone in my guild that needs adds or just wants to add new players can do so easily as I have done the searching for them.

13. Kirsten

I know exactly why kp2 was created this idea is for all apps FB does not need it and a lot of players did not bother to have their game accounts transferred to the new network and MySpace was not a social network like FB is it also had a lot of alts there that would not have been transferred anyway and if you have been playing there all this time having slot of players has been an issue there for years

RainSunGone likes this.
  14. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i agree w/ kirsten... i hear all the time kp2 is a dead platform from some of the higher levels there...

Kirsten likes this.
  15. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

With the introduction of the IOS kano app's and KP2 server tie in, it is an important concept to consider. I respect the fact that Facebook may not need it, but would it hurt anything for those players if it had it.?

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I started a account on Armor VC, and they have this for 30 days in World chat(different tab for new players) so not quite understanding why make something new that's already set-up? Why not just omit the 30 day time frame on a feature that is already in place? Problem solved LOL

I play on FB, but wanted to try out different build and do some low level testing with raids, so only options were
    • Make a alt
    • Or go to another platform
    I went with try another platform, it "is" hard to find clan to join.... And yes I've done my fair share of recruiting, trying to get people to "PIMP" my invite code out, use the add me forum thread, etc. I know it's suppose to take time, but rather ridiculous having more hired than Inner circle chiefs... Maybe make it so can't post on it if over 30 days old, but at least let us view it to recruit.

Joined 77 days ago,

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  17. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

What i am purposing is an automated feature, when someone new signs up, they are automatically put on the "new player" list. Some new members may not be familiar enough with the add invite code to job chat. Simply put, its an awesome feature idea that every new member would appreciate. I, Like you, have spent countless hours scouring the various guilds of viking clan and sent numerous invites. It should never be this hard to get 1000 to accept, and ultimately I'm concerned there isn't 1000 accounts that are actively playing the game anymore. The currant world boss that has been active for over 1 week has only 702 members participating in it.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I get that, but automated would be "Us" sending invites, instead of cluttering the "New player" world chat feed which is in place, (instead of job's or actually world chat we might be trying to recruit from) just not limited by 30 days.. ;)

19. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Currently my chat app isnt working, and hasnt for nearly two weeks. In response with your statement though, yes it would be experienced but also the new players that would take advantage of the new player list....and be rewarded for doing so much like the challenge/adventure assists currently do (1% xp bonus)

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well that sound's like a support issue if so....

It's already in place, so how is a new player taking advantage of it?
    I was just stating, open up the window so we could recruit, just like your new tab feature, but already in place.